Table of Contents
Air frying your duck might sound odd but it can be the best way to cook this special variation of meat. Below, we will discuss how to cook the duck in an air fryer.
Nowadays a lot of people prefer duck meat as it is a better source of protein compared to other meats. Apart from providing us with protein, duck meat also includes a good portion of the iron. Although duck meat tastes delicious, cooking it is not easy. Most people fail to bring out the best taste and flavor from the duck meat.
For these, the air fryer will be the best way to cook duck. Following this way, you can easily cook the meat without a minimal understanding. The cooking steps are easy and the process is pretty fast compared to the other ways of cooking. Keep reading the article to find out how to cook the duck in an air fryer.
How to Cook Whole Duck in Air Fryer
At first, we will discuss how to roast a whole duck in an air fryer. Compared to the oven or the stovetop, you can prepare the duck roast at a faster speed. You will need a whole duck for this. Make sure that you are purchasing a duck that comes in the right size to be accommodated inside your air fryer. You can use your preferred variation of spice, herb like thyme, salt, and pepper, etc. for this recipe.
Below, we will discuss the steps you need to follow to cook the duck in the air fryer.
The first thing you need to do is to purchase the duck. You should find cleaned duck in the super shops. As we said earlier, make sure that the size is appropriate for your air fryer. Now get rid of the packaging of the duck. The next thing you need to do is to season the duck with salt and pepper and other seasonings as you prefer. The next thing you need to do is to add rub the entire duck with virgin olive oil.
The next thing you need to do is to enter the rotisserie skewer through the duck and secure it properly. Now you can put it in the air fryer basket. The cooking duration of the duck can vary significantly based on the air fryer and the size of the duck. However, it should be something around 40 minutes in most cases. The temperature of cooking should be around 365 F.
Position your air fryer in a proper place and connect it to the electric outlet. Then open up the basket of the air fryer and add the duck carefully. The next thing you need to do is to set the timer and temperature. As we tell you earlier, the time should be something around 40 minutes and the cooking temperature will be 365 F. Make use of the controller button in your air fryer to settle the time and temperature.
Now let the air fryer cook the duck. You can do some other works in the meantime. Such as you can cook side dishes for the duck roast. Or, you may prepare the sauce to enjoy the duck. After cooking the duck for around 35 minutes, you should start checking the duck frequently. Try to guess the remaining cooking duration and adjust the cooking time based on this.
Sometimes, they might take up to 50 to 60 minutes. So, don’t worry, if the duck is not done within 40 minutes. Adjust the cooking duration and leave it.
When you feel that the cooking is complete, turn off the air fryer and take off the basket. Be careful while bringing out the air fryer basket as it will be pretty hot. Make sure to hold the basket from the handle while taking it off. Moreover, put the basket on a heat-resistant surface to avoid melting or burning your cabinet. If the cabinet is heat resistant, you can also put it in there.
The next thing you need to do is to let it sit in this way for a while. This will cool down the duck and allow you to easily transfer it from the air fryer basket. That is it, you are done cooking. You can now serve the duck as you want.
How to Cook Duck Leg in Air Fryer
Air-fried duck legs are something that you cannot resist. It is easier than roasting the whole duck. Let see how to cook the duck leg in the air fryer.
- Collect the supplies first. You will need two duck legs. Then you need marinade like fresh minced ginger, olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper, lemon juice, etc. Some people also use orange juice instead of lemon for a unique taste.
- Combine all the marinade items in the air fryer and mix them properly. Now toss the duck leg in the air fryer basket and rub the mixture properly in the duck legs. After that, seal them and put them in the freezer for around 2 to 4 hours.
- Once you are done, open the air fryer basket and put the duck legs in the bottom of the basket. You might consider spraying some cooking oil on the bottom of the basket to prevent sticking. Then put back the basket to the machine.
- The next thing you need to do is set the machine’s temperature and cooking duration. We recommend a 350 F temperature for the cooking while the duration will be something 25 minutes.
- After cooking for halftime, turn around the legs. Take off the basket when you are done cooking and put it somewhere heat resistant.
- Now you can transfer the legs with tongs and serve as you want. They will taste the best when warm.
As you see air frying duck is easier than other methods and it doesn’t require much attention. We hope this article will help you to understand how to cook the duck in the air fryer.