Table of Contents
- Are You in Search of the Best Recipe On How to Grill Tilapia in Oven?
Are You in Search of the Best Recipe On How to Grill Tilapia in Oven?
The tremendous African oven-grilled Tilapia is a treat and a fancy dinner cuisine all in one. The spiciest fish with a unique flavor is oven-grilled wholesomeness. Grilled fish is a West African delicacy. The deep and blasting spice-filled fish is an African dinner staple. It is an absolute delight to inhale the smoky aroma of this exotic fish.
The best part about this fish is that it can be made in an oven. You can easily find the whole Tilapia from Asian or African stores.
This fish is super easy to grill in an oven, and it comes out smelling fabulous.
Some Tips Before Making Perfect Oven Grilled Tilapia
- Use fresh herbs and spices. If you don’t have that much time around in your hands, use dry spices and herbs and mix them well in oil for an even better taste and experience.
- If you are cooking your fish in a gas oven, make sure to rotate your tray whole. You are broiling your fish because the gas oven heats evenly and will cause some portions of the fish to burn, while some might won’t even get any color.
- To achieve the maximum taste and goodness of the fish, you can marinate the fish the night before, cover it, and keep it in the fridge overnight so that it absorbs all the flavor. Then, you can take it out the other day and start grilling.
Benefits of The Tilapia
This flavourful delight for a fish is very affordable. People love this fish since it is probably one of the most reasonable fish in the market. It contains a mild flavor, doesn’t smell or taste fishy. And it is the fourth most consumed fish in all of the United States.
This fish is a lean source of protein loaded with a bunch of nutrients and minerals.
Tilapia is a portion of very healthy food to consume. It has considerably less omega-3 than other fish like salmon. Its omega-6 to omega-3 proportion is higher than other fish.
How to Grill Tilapia in Oven
Here is an amazing recipe for flavorful Tilapia. Cook it with perfection and avail robust experience.
2 whole tilapia fish – cleaned and scales removed
eight cloves of garlic – peeled
1 inch ginger root – peeled
four stems of basil
2 stems celery
4 stems parsley
1 ½ teaspoon bouillon powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
two medium onions 1 for spice blend and 1 for garnish
1 habanero pepper (optional)
¼ cup oil I used peanut oil
Whole tilapia fish are perfectly seasoned and grilled in the oven. Learn special marinating and grilling techniques. This will ensure that the fish remains nice and moist. Serve this with some grilled plantains for the full experience.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 233 kcal
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total time: 1hour
- Combine the celery, parsley, and green basil with garlic, ginger, and one roughly chopped onion in a blender. Add ¼ cup of water and make a paste. We call this concoction a green spice mixture. Set the green mixtures aside.
- Trim the fish’s fin using kitchen shears. Cut out the fin towards the tail of the fish. Also, use a paring knife to cut the gill from the head of your fish.
- Wash and rinse your fish thoroughly to remove all of the dirt, bacteria and blood clots, and other dirt, then pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Make four diagonal cuts on both sides of the fish, sprinkle on ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Rub the fish well so that the mixture gets deep inside the fish.
- Brush a baking tray generously with the oil, then place the fish on the top. Cover it with aluminum foil and let your fish marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Keeping the fish to marinate overnight can help the fish taste better.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of the green spice mixture with two tablespoons of oil and one teaspoon of bouillon powder. Rub the mixture all over the fish, being careful to fit some into the diagonal cuts.
- Place fish while covered in a foil to cook. Ensure to preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees C) for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish and take out the foil. Brush with a bit of oil, then set the oven to broil and place the fish back in. This will add color to the outside of the fish.
- Remove the fish and let it rest, then serve it with some green sauce and your favorite side.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining green spice mixture with the remaining oil and bouillon powder. Add in 1⁄4 teaspoon of white pepper and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
What to serve with Tilapia
Here are some perfect sides that let you enjoy Tilapia to the fullest.
- Parsley Sauce
- Smoked-Almond Sauce
- Fresh Herb Sauce
- Rich Ketchup Sauce
- Mint Sauce
- Lemon Cream Sauce
- Salmoriglio Sauce
- Red Wine Sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
What vegetables go best with Tilapia?
Well, vegetables are versatile and can be enjoyed with lots of meals. The same is the case for Tilapia as well. They are healthy, fresh, and provide various nutritional benefits. Furthermore, you can enjoy Tilapia with many veggies during summertime, such as asparagus, eggplant, bell peppers, and zucchini.
Does fish need to rest after oven grilling?
No. it is not required. Fish usually cooks pretty quickly compared to chicken or meat. Therefore unless you see it is a bit undercooked, there is no need to let it rest. However, if it is, place it on a warm plate or grill for a few more seconds until your desired result.
The Bottom Line
Oven grilled Tilapia is a tasty and healthy alternative to regular meat. It has incredible smoky flavors and is quite moist at the same time. Perfect for every occasion! Therefore, refer to our guide mentioned earlier on how to grill Tilapia in oven and enjoy.