Table of Contents
Cooking A Cowboy Steak On The Grill
How To Cook A Cowboy Steak On The Grill? A cowboy steak is a thick, bone-in meat ribeye steak cut from the rib which sits under the front part of the foundation of the animal. It is north of two inches thick and has a normal load of a little more than two pounds. It has liberal marbling, the wellspring of which is the longissimus Dorsi muscle otherwise known as the eye of the ribeye, the second most delicate muscle in a cow. So, the cut is delicate, succulent and wealthy in flavour.
For what reason is it called cowboy steak? There is not an authoritative response. Famous legend myths shift. Some propose that it is largely due to the point of fulfilling a rancher’s enormous craving. Others say that a cowboy steak can without much of a stretch hold it by the bone and nibble into it. No one knows.
How could it be not quite the same as Tomahawk steak? The main contrast between a cowboy ribeye and a Tomahawk ribeye is the length of the bone. The last option has something like five inches of Frenched rib bone and up to eight. The cowboy steak has a short, Frenched bone.
What Is Cowboy Steak
Before you get too confused, let’s just look into what cowboy steaks are. They are a bone-in ribeye cut that has several other names. You can also call it New York steak or the tomahawk steak, but the end product will be a cooked ribeye on the table after you’ve ordered it. It’s considered one of the tastiest steak cuts that are juicy and thick.
So no matter what name you give it, it’s sure that cowboy steaks are huge. The ribeye is the breast muscle of the animal, so, surely, it’s among the thicker meat cuts.
What Type Of Grill To Use To Cook A Cowboy Steak On The Grill
Grilling the steak starts with picking the grill of your choice. Some people may find it weird that you have to choose the grill, but it matters a lot. Grills come in various types like charcoal, gas, and electric grills.
The charcoal grill is the traditional type of BBQ. It uses coal to light flames, and the food cooked with the pleasant smoky charcoal aroma enriches the taste. Using a charcoal grill gives a special taste to the steak, but you have to keep an eye on the coals all the time. Furthermore, it’s challenging to light up charcoal and control the flames as there is no regulator.
So if you want comfort in the first place, then using a gas grill is recommended. It allows you to control the flames using a gas regulator, so the concern of handling burning coals is eliminated.
Furthermore, the electric grills give you the option to grill indoors in the comfort of your kitchen. Electric-powered grills control the temperature, and you can cook steak conveniently.
So it’s up to you which grill you are willing to use for cooking the cowboy steak. But for the finest taste, a charcoal grill is the best. Nevertheless, all types of grills do the job equally.
Facts About A Cowboy Steak On The Grill
The impeccably cooked cowboy steak, very much like every other steak, has a dried up, burned, all around prepared outside and a delicate delicious taste, cooked to the ideal doneness. What’s more, the cooking methods expected to get that ideal cowboy steak are additionally equivalent to pretty much any other steak – you simply need to change the cooking times a little. There are a couple of various ways of getting to that ideal amazing steak. The most widely recognized method is singing the outside and afterwards, the stove simmering until the middle is cooked perfectly.
Raw Cowboy Steak
You can see the rich marbling in the cowboy steak, which provides it with a huge load of flavour. You do not need to add a sauce with the Cowboy steak, as the fat substance is bounty rich. Be that as it may, people jump at the chance to do a fast dry rub on the steak – earthy coloured sugar and a couple of flavours, are a certain hit.
Cost Of The Steak And Where To Get One
Since when you buy a cowboy cut ribeye you are not paying for the extra-long bone of the Tomahawk, it is generally expected all the more evaluated per pound. You can find the cut at meat divisions of enormous supermarkets, butchers and online hamburger vendors.
Ways To Cook A Cowboy Steak
- Remove the steaks from the cooler in the first part of the day and spot them in the ice chest. They ought to thaw out when you want to put them on the barbecue (6-8 hours). At the point when they have thawed out or, if they are new, remove them from the cooler 30 minutes to an hour before you place them on the barbecue.
- Ensure you season these steaks because they are so thick.
- Preheat your barbecue and keep temperatures around 325-350 degrees. You should barbecue these steaks on aberrant hotness and wrap up with the converse burn over direct hotness.
The explanation for this is that this is done as a result of the thickness of the steak. Burning toward the starting will make the muscle strands of the meat contract, pushing out dampness, which isn’t what you need to do. At the point when you barbecue the steaks in a roundabout way first, it keeps the meat loose, loaded with flavour and dampness.
- Expect barbecuing the steaks for 17-20 minutes on each side. Watch the temperature with your iGrill. At the point when you flip the initial time, use your meat thermometer to check for temperatures. You ought to associate it with 80-85 degrees. Assuming it’s higher, decline the cooking time on the second side to 10-15 minutes. This will be the case since they are so thick.
- When the inward temperature of the meat is around 125-130 degrees move them over the immediate hotness side of the barbecue for 1.5-2 minutes/side for burning.
- A last way to grill with charcoal. What research has found is that assuming that you move the steaks straight over the hotness, the fat and dampness can cause significant eruptions. How To Cook A Cowboy Steak On The Grill is easy to know!
A cowboy steak is a unique piece of meat that may seem intimidating to people while they are purchasing it. However, upon reading this article you needn’t worry about how to cook a cowboy steak on the grill.