Table of Contents
- How To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
- What Is A T-bone
- Cooking T-Bone Steak On A Gas Grill
- Ingredients And Tools To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
- Cooking Time And Temperature At Which Steak Is To Be Grilled At
- Measuring The Doneness Of The Steak To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
How To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
How To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill? T-bone steaks are taken from the best part of beef. We will tell you the most convenient way to grill a T-bone to entice your family gatherings, romantic dinners, a BBQ party or an outdoor camping trip.
What Is A T-bone
T-bone steaks are cuts from the short lion part of the beef. They are cut closer to the front and contain a small portion of tenderloin. It has a T bone and neat on both sides. A T-bone is generally 0.5inch (13mm) wide.
Cooking T-Bone Steak On A Gas Grill
T-Bone steak is a cut that’s well-suited to grilling. It doesn’t require much seasoning because it already has a deep, rich flavor. The only thing you need to do when cooking t-bone steak is to sear the outside and then cook it over indirect heat for about 10 minutes per side.
If you’re worried about cooking your steak too fast, don’t be! Grilling in the summertime is all about keeping it simple so you can enjoy your meal in the backyard with friends or family.
To prepare for grilling, start by preheating the gas grill on high heat for 10 minutes. Then, trim any excess fat from the steak and season both sides with salt and pepper before searing each side for 3 minutes on high heat (letting them rest after searing).
After searing, turn the grill down to medium and cover the grill with a lid. Cook for five more minutes per side or until done (or an internal temp of 135 degrees Fahrenheit). Remove from the grill and rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Ingredients And Tools To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
You’ll need the following ingredients and tools to cook t-bone steak on a gas grill.
Two 16-ounce T-Bone Steaks
1 Table Spoon Olive Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, plus more for seasoning
Flavouring Of T-bone
As the T-bone comes from the best part of beef, the meat itself is very tasty and delicious and doesn’t need much to it.
We can only use salt and black pepper. We won’t even require oil as the steak is already marbled. No oil means no dripping, preventing the steak from burning.
Any sort of steak flavouring or seasoning can be used to increase the taste. We can garnish the cooked steak with some melted butter mixed with a minced garlic clove and some crushed red pepper to make it mouth-watering.
Cooking Time And Temperature At Which Steak Is To Be Grilled At
- For medium, cook 1-1 ½ inch T Bone Steaks for about 6-7 minutes per side, on a gas grill, flipping once. When a thermometer is put into the thickest section of the meat, but not touching the bone, the internal temperature should be 150F.
- For rare, the steak should be grilled about 4-5 minutes per side and the internal temperature without touching the bone should be around 125F.
- and, For medium rare, internal temperature should be 135F to 140F and the steak should be grilled 4-5 minutes per side.
- For medium well, the steak should be cooked for 8 to 9 minutes per side until the internal temperature is 165F to 170F.
Measuring The Doneness Of The Steak To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
- For medium, centre should be light pink while outer portion is brown.
- Also, For rare, centre is bright red with pinkish towards the outside.
- For medium rare, centre is very pink and mildly brown towards the outside.
- And For medium well, centre is slightly pink and outer portion is brown.
- For well cooked, the steak should be uniformly brown throughout.
How To Slice A T-bone Steak
T-bone steak is like a fillet and a strip steak combined with the T-bone.
The steak should be sliced perpendicular to the grain so that it is less chewy and fibrous. However, it still tastes good even if cut wrongly.
Ingredients For Grilling A T-bone
- 4 T-bone steaks (1-1/2 lb each)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
Optional Ingredients To Grill A T-bone On A Gas Grill
- Minced garlic clove
- Crushed red pepper
Instructions On How To Cook T-bone On A Grill
- Make sure the meat is completely unfrozen
- Remove the meat from the freezer 30-40 minutes before grilling and make sure it reaches room temperature before you grill it.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat the grill on high. Place the steak on the grill and sear it for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill as listed above.
- After the time is done and the steak is cook, it should be placed in a foil. The temperature will increase upto 5F which is called carryover cooking.
- Resting steak is also critical because when the meat is freshly cook, it tends to soak up the juices. If slice immediately, these delicious juices end up on the plate rather than in the steak. Allowing the steak to rest for a few minutes will let the juices sink in the meat making it moist and appetizing.
- T-bone steaks are best cooked by pan-frying, grilling, or broiling.
- To cook t-bone steaks on a gas grill, preheat the grill to high heat.
- Place the steak on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side for medium-rare steak.
- Remove from the grill and rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
T-bone steaks are difficult to cook without a gas grill because they are so thick and require more time on the grill than other cuts of meat. However, with a little practice, you will be able to achieve the right thing.
Steaks are an integral part in making a get together more memorable and enjoyable. Just remember to keep an eye on them and flip them at the right intervals. The right recipe will definitely make things tastier. No matter how well cooked you want your steak to be, the right seasoning and techniques will definitely make your steak flavourful and juicy and whoever will give it a try will be left licking his fingers.