Table of Contents
- Season Stainless Steel Grill Grates
Season Stainless Steel Grill Grates
How To Season Stainless Steel Grill Grates? Grilling food is one of the most common ways of cooking foods. However, grilling food greatly depends on the types of grill grates you have, the grilling apparatus you possess and also the type of char you are using.
There are multiple ways to arrange the stainless-steel grill grates. You can arrange the grill according to the food you intend to cook. People use different types of grill for chicken, different for chops and different for meat. In addition to this, there are many types of grill gates based on the material they are manufactured from. The different types of grill grates include aluminium grill grates, stainless steel grill grates, and copper grill grates.
Seasoning stainless steel grill grates is important because it prevents the grill from rusting. Rusting can destroy the grill and can also reduce the longevity of grill. Seasoning the stainless steel grill grates also ensure that the grills remain shiny and do not lose their grill. Otherwise, the colour of the grill fades 3without seasoning.
Steps For How To Season Stainless Steel Grill Grates
Seasoning grill grates holds much importance because it enhances the longevity of the grill grates. In addition to this, the seasoning also makes sure that the grills shine and retain their colour. Seasoning grill grates is quite simple and easy. You can use multiple materials to season your grill this includes vegetable oils, grease and other things too.
Here are steps which you can follow to season your stainless steel grill grates.
- Firstly, before using the grill evenly coat the grill with high heat oil or material. This oil can be sunflower oil, peanut oil, grapeseed oil or safflower oil. To coat the grilling grates evenly swipe the surfaces evenly with a clean cloth which is free of dirt.
- Next, ignite the grill and allow it to heat for around 15 to 30 minutes at high temperature. This will allow the grilling grates season well and will also help eliminate or burn out the lubricants during the manufacturing process.
- After you are done cooking, reapply a coat of oil on the warm grill and coat it evenly. This will ensure the good performance of the grill and will also protect it.
Why Is Seasoning Grill Important
Seasoning grilling is important due to many reasons. Here are the reason why seasoning the grill important and why should do it before grilling the food.
- While grilling foods like beef and pork, the crust of the meat gets stuck to the grilling grates. This leaves a thick layer of residue on the grates which absorbs all the flavour of the next food you intend to grill on your grilling grates. Hence, seasoning the grill is the safest option. Seasoning not only maintains the cleanliness of your grill but it also prevents the food from sticking onto the grill.
- Seasoning grill removes the contaminants from the grilling grates. This includes all the contaminants which have developed over time on the grill and also those contaminants which were a part of grilling grates from the manufacturing process.
- Seasoning will prevent the food getting void of flavours and will allow your food to taste more better and full of flavours.
- Seasoning also prevents your grilling grates from rusting. The oil seasoning helps to cut off the exposure of grilling grates from the oxygen and this prevents rusting.
How Often Should You Season Your Grilling Grates
One of the most common question is that how often should you season your grilling grates. There are various school of thoughts and answers on this question however, you should season your grilling grates when you observe any signs and symptoms of rusting. In addition to this, you can also season your grilling grates when you observe that the food has started to stick on your grilling grates.
Moreover, if you observe that the colour of your grilling grates is fading then you can also decide to season your grilling grates. Most people season biannually or annually. This totally depends on the number of times you use your grilling grates.
Is Seasoning Grilling Grates Necessary Every Time You Cook Food
Seasoning grilling grates every time you intend to grill is not necessary. However, the basic purpose to season the grill is to avoid sticking food on the grill. In addition to this, sticking food is a hint that your grill needs seasoning otherwise, it is not necessary to season your grill every time.
Which Oil To Use For Seasoning The Grill
There are many types of oil which you can use to season your grilling grates. However, you should always use those oils which have high smoking point. Oils which have high smoking point do not burn easily and hence aid in seasoning the oil.
In addition to this, seasoning with high smoking point oil doesn’t cause your food to have burnt smell afterwards. Apart from oils, substances containing high animal fat can also be used to season the grill. Substances having high animal fats include lard. The oils which have high smoking point include almond oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, and corn oil.
How To Add Flavour To The Food You Grill
There are many things which you can use to enhance flavour of your grill however, these methods are limited to the food items only. However, there is a method which you can imply to your grill to enhance the flavour of your food.
Applying apple juice to your grilling grates enhance the flavour of the food which you intend to grill on your food. It also enhances the aroma of the food which you are grilling.
Conclusively, you should season your grill when you encounter the symptoms of food sticking on your grill, loss in the colour of your grill, and signs of rusting. There are many common substances such as high smoking point oils which can be used for seasoning your grill. Ensure seasoning your grill to enhance the longevity of your grill.