Table of Contents
One of the big benefits of the air fryer is you don’t need a pan to cook on it. You can directly put your food directly on the air fryer basket and make it ready within a short time. However, there is an issue. Such as, while cooking some specific variation of the food, they might stick in the air fryer basket. This is something you might not want. So, should you line your air fryer with parchment paper?
Well, the answer is yes. You can line your air fryer without any issues. To know more about this, keep going through the article. Below, we will let you know why and when you should line your air fryer. Keep going through the article to find out the process of using parchment paper in the air fryer.
Should I Line My Air Fryer?
Yes, you should line the air fryer if needed. However, don’t utilize the standard papers for lining purposes. This may cause burn issues and produce smoke. Even, sometimes the papers can sometimes even cause a malfunction in the air fryer. If you really need to line the air fryer, the parchment liner will be the best choice.
One of the selling points of the air fryer is it doesn’t require much cleaning compared to the other methods of cooking. While it is true for some dishes, cleaning is highly necessary in most cases. As an example, while cooking something that includes the breadcrumbs, you will require going through the cleaning. That is because the air fryer will be very dirty. In such cases, using the parchment liner will be very effective to make the cleaning easier.
Note that it is not always necessary to put the parchment paper while cooking in the air fryer. It will benefit you only while cooking some specific foods. These might include cookies, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, hush puppies, etc. Moreover, you should use parchment paper while cooking things that include rough dough and may stick with the bottom of the basket.
How to Use the Parchment Paper in the Air Fryer Correctly
A lot of us don’t know the right way of using the parchment paper in the air fryer in the right process. Below, we will discuss how you should use parchment paper in the air fryer.
1. Before doing anything else, make sure that you are utilizing the right parchment paper as there are a lot of varieties of it. As an example, you must not use wax paper in the air fryer may not be much effective and even sometimes may damage the air fryer.
2. The parchment paper should be smaller in size than the total diameter of the air fryer basket. If you have a bigger paper, you should cut it into smaller sizes. This is important to assure proper air circulation and avoid any unwanted issues. Another thing you may want to do is to create some small holes in the paper to allow further air circulation.
3. Don’t add the air fryer while preheating the device. That is because the paper may fly around in the basket with the hot air and sometimes even stuck in the heating element. This can malfunction the operation and sometimes even produce smoke. There is also no benefit of using parchment paper while preheating.
4. Never put the parchment paper in the air fryer basket without food or without weighing it down. Also, never put the paper above the food. This will blow the paper when you turn the machine on.
Should You Use Perforated Parchment Paper
The perforated parchment paper is more beneficial than the usual parchment paper when it comes to the air fryer. The perforated parchment paper is nothing but parchment paper with holes. They offer you added benefits for the air fryer with the holes, which helps the air to circulate through smoothly. They are readily available in a lot of online shops. But you don’t really require to buy them. Instead, you can consider making them on your own.
Want to know how to make the perforated parchment paper at home. Well, below, you will find the exact steps you will require following for that.
1. Put the insert of your basket in the parchment paper and use a pencil to mark the outside of the insert. If the insert is not available, you may use something that is similar or smaller to the air fryer basket. Trace its shape on the paper and then cut it off using scissors.
2. Now fold the parchment paper into half and then into quarters. Now use a perforator to cut the middle and then cut the edges based on how many holes you want on it.
That’s it you are done. You may watch some relevant tutorials about the process to make the entire thing easier for you.
What are the Benefits of Lining the Air Fryer?
There are a good number of benefits of lining the air fryer. Below, we will discuss some of the benefits.
- The parchment liner will make the cleaning easier for you. Especially, while cooking things that can make the basket messy, the parchment liner will be very helpful. You may still require cleaning the surface but the process will be less tedious.
- When you use the parchment liner in the air fryer, you will require less cleaning. This will help to reduce the wear and tear from continuous cleaning for a longer lifespan.
- The parchment paper often helps to prevent sticking in the bottom. While cooking something with the rough dough which can stick in the basket, the parchment paper can be very beneficial to prevent stickiness.
- The parchment papers are safe to use in the air fryer and they are FDA approved. So, you don’t need to be worried about your hygiene.
As we said above, you can line your air fryer without any further hesitation. All you need to make sure is you are using the correct variation of the liner. The parchment liners are a great way to cook your things in an air fryer without leaving a mess. We hope the given information will be helpful for you.