Best Microwave Oven under $100 in 2023
Table of Contents
Top 3 microwave ovens for less than $100
For a kitchen in nay home to be classified as usable, it needs to be equipped with some of the best and most convenient appliances in the market. One of the appliances your home cannot do without is a microwave oven. This is a versatile piece of appliance that can elevate the convenience in your kitchen to new heights when it comes to home cooking. While microwave ovens can be convenient for your kitchen, most of them com with very high price ranges, making it almost impossible for most homeowners to afford. The most modern microwave ovens come with advanced features that include baking, grilling or even roasting features.
If you are in the market for the best microwave oven on a budget, sometimes finding the right one for your needs can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find the best microwave oven under $100 if you take your time to choose the perfect one, and this review can be of help. Here, we review three of the best microwave ovens for under $100 in terms of features, size and performance.
|Amazon Basics Microwave bundle with Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Charcoal||Learn more|
|Top||Farberware 1.1 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven With 6 Cooking Programs, LED Lighting, 1000 Watts||Learn more|
|Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor Easy Clean Interior, ECO Mode and Sound On-Off, 1.2 Cu. ft, Black Stainless Steel||Learn more|
Amazon Basics Microwave bundle with Echo Dot
If your kitchen comes with limited counter space but you still need an affordable but functional microwave in a compact size, or you just need a second small microwave for whatever reason, this AmazonBasics unit should be your go-to choice. It comes in a small size, measuring 17.3″ x 14.1″ ensuring it occupies the smallest section on your countertop. You will barely notice it is there.
Despite coming in an exceptionally low price range, this appliance offers all the basics you would expect in a microwave in terms of settings/features. It comes with 10 progressive power levels up to 700 watts, an LED display kitchen timer, a child lock, and a 10-inch glass turntable. On top of these basic features, the AmazonBasics microwave comes enabled to pair with the Amazon Echo dot, Alexa, making it a smart appliance at a ridiculously low price.
It is important to note that while it is compatible with Alexa, the microwave’s basic package does not include an Echo dot. This means that you are required to purchase the echo dot separately, or as part of your purchase. With this feature, you are able to control cooking options on this microwave using your voice. Now that is smart functionality that is exclusively common in high-end kitchen appliances, that cost an arm and a leg, but you get it with this high end yet affordable microwave.
That is not all. With this smart feature, you do not have to specify the details of your microwave use as is common with manual operated microwaves. You can ask Alexa to heat a cup of noodles for it to set this optimal power and time for this function automatically.
One more important detail worth mentioning is that when this microwave is paired with the Echo dot, Alexa works by remembering the last time the microwave door was opened. For this reason, it is important to ensure the microwave door is properly opened each time before a command to make it easier for Alexa to turn on the microwave following a voice command. Bottom line, this is definitely the best microwave oven under $100.
- This bundle contains the Amazon Basics Microwave and the Echo Dot (3rd Gen).
- Now it’s easier to defrost vegetables, make popcorn, cook potatoes, and reheat rice. Quick-cook voice presets and a simplified keypad let you just ask Alexa to start microwaving.
- Automatically reorder popcorn when you run low and save 10% on popcorn orders—enabled by Amazon Dash Replenishment technology.
- Compact size saves counter space, plus 10 power levels, a kitchen timer, a child lock, and a turntable.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new presets.
Farberware 1.1 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven
The Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB microwave oven is a highly rated Microwave Oven that sells under $100. It combines a compact footprint with a large cooking cavity to give you the best of both worlds with a generous 1.2 Cu. ft. cooking cavity and a large 12.4-inch glass turntable inside, giving you enough room to heat and cook anything.
This model looks great with a sleek in design and features that give other high-end microwave oven models a run for their money. One of the amazing features is the limited beep sound that limits sound even when you forget about your midnight snack. It also comes with like +30 quick command buttons, which enable you to adjust the cooking times and even fine-tune the meal preparations.
Unlike most expensive and high-end microwave ovens, the Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB functions in silence with a power output of 1000 watts. It features a very sturdy handle and is one of the easiest microwave ovens to use.
The turntable in this affordable yet high-end microwave oven spins with a steady speed to facilitate even cooking and heating. It comes with a memory feature that you can use to save all your favorite custom recipe settings. The best part is that, the cavity in this microwave is very easy to clean in case of spills. You can easily clean it with a soft cloth to have it as good as new in no time.
With 1000 watts full power, you can make a quart of ice cream easily in ten seconds, heat a full dinner plate in a minute with ease, bake a couple of potatoes in ten minutes or. This compact size microwave oven is a reasonable choice for any kitchen countertop.
- Spacious & stylish: with 1.1-Cu. feet Of cooking capacity, a sleek Stainless Steel exterior and Stainless Steel interior and 10 power levels, This counter top microwave delivers power, style, and convenience to any kitchen
- 6 cooking programs: Auto cooking programs (popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, dinner plate) provide convenient control and avoid guesswork
- Express cooking: Cook your leftovers with just a touch of a button by touching the number pad (1 through 6 minutes)
- Digital clock: Easy-to-read LED display lights up the digital clock and highlights each cooking setting
- Child lock: Lock the control panel using the child safety lock option to prevent accidental use or access by children
- Defrost: For all your frozen foods, defrost by time or Weight so you can enjoy more flavorful foods
- Glass turntable: large 12.5-Inch glass turntable allows for even cooking and is removable for easy clean up
Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven
While this option is prices slightly above the $100 mark, the Toshiba EM131A5C-BS is a spacious microwave oven that is offered within the 100s range. The microwave can conveniently house larger dinner plates thanks to its 1.2 cu. ft. of cavity volume. To match with the high capacity, the turntable diameter of the cavity measures 12.4 inches.
In terms of power rating, this microwave comes with 100 watts of power capability, which is higher compared to its predecessor. It comes with up to 10 power levels with microwave settings that can be finely adjusted to meet the requirements of different recipes. Apart from the amplified capacity and power output, this microwave oven comes with sensor cooking capabilities, which is a major feature addition for a microwave this affordable.
This Toshiba microwave has a cavity with built-in sensors that respond to the vapors and humidity inside by automatically adjusting the cooking power and times to deliver consistency and thorough cooking or reheating of meals. This is a very convenient feature if you prefer to take the guesswork out of your cooking.
The icing on the cake is the buzzer that can be switched off or muted by long pressing the ‘8’ button. It uses the “eco-mode” for energy saving and includes an easy-to-use control panel, making this one of the best microwave ovens in the $100 range.
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage: 120V - 60Hz
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inch (w x d x h), turn table 12.4 inch (diameter)
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel, glass turntable
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- One touch start popcorn and two defrost settings - custom or one-pound auto defrost. Turntable diameter: 12.4 inches
- Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel, power saving mode, sound on/off option, glass turntable. Rated input power (microwave): 1550 watt
- If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, pleas long press on the button 8 for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
- The keypad was covered by a protective film during the shipment. Please peel it off before your first use.
- 1 year, please keep the packaging for contacting Toshiba after sales service and product returns.
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description sect
Finding the best microwave oven on a budget can be stressful, but not with this guide. Whether you are sticking to the under $100 category or willing to spend a few dollars more for an ideal microwave oven, any of the three options offered here can meet your kitchen microwave oven needs on a budget.