Table of Contents
- How To Cook Frozen Fried Okra In Air Fryer Properly?
How To Cook Frozen Fried Okra In Air Fryer Properly?
During this lesson, I will teach you how to cook frozen fried okra in an air fryer. When okra cooked, they shrink after a while, and hence, there will be some of you who don’t like that slime. My apologies go to anyone who falls into this category. Despite the slimy okra’s slimy appearance, I enjoy eating it, although I do know some who cannot eat it. I decided to write specifically for you in this post.
Our goal will be to learn how to cook the okra so that it does not taste slimy. A side dish of fried okra will also be provided for you. It’s not surprising that okra will turn out crispy once you’ve mastered the art of cooking it.
This information does not need to be remembered by you. Southerners like their fried okra, and that tells you that it is also popular in the South as a side dish.
How To Make Fried Okra
If you haven’t already done it, let’s go to the supermarket and buy the okra. The most important thing you can do to your okra is to wash it. Your washed okra needs to be cut into stems. If you plan on making slices of okra, cut the pieces into half-inch lengths.
Take your flour and cornmeal and put them in a bowl. If you find a recipe, then you can follow their step, or you can use anything you like as your breading. Milk and egg should be combined in another bowl. The breaded mixture should be fully incorporated into the egg mixture.
Shake off any excess egg mixture first after adding the okra. Continue to make the breaded mixture in the same manner. In the basket of an air fryer, place freshly coated okra. We’re going to fry these bad boys in oil after you spray their coating with the stuff.
If cooking for 10 to 12 minutes, wait until the okra is golden brown. You have two options at halftime during the cooking process. Alternatively, you may shake the air fryer basket or flip your okra individually. You can spray your okra again when you’re shaking or flipping the okra.
Learn More About Okra With These Tips
Their breaded mixture is traditionally made from cornmeal and flour in the South. As an alternative to cornmeal, you can use flour by itself. Your okra is surprised to be more flavorful and crispy if you add cornmeal. Therefore, to be safe, cornmeal should be used.
Garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper even added to the breaded mixture. Additionally, if you would like, you can add some extra stuff.
It is unnecessary to add milk to the mixture of egg and egg. As a substitute, you may substitute a quarter cup of buttermilk.
Serve your fried okra immediately following their preparation with salt to maximize their flavor.
Frozen Okra Can Be Cooked In Your Air Fryer?
Now that you know your air fryer will be able to cook okra without a problem, the next step is to cook it from scratch. Can frozen breaded okra cooked in this device? It might not be practical for you to make your okra because you do not have time. At least you will know that you can prepare frozen okra with an air fryer if you’re on the go and craving okra.
The best way to cook frozen okra in your air fryer is to bake it at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. To flip the okra halfway during cooking, simply shake the basket or flip it one more time halfway through.
How To Cook Frozen Fried Okra In Air Fryer: Recipe Section
Here is an okra recipe that you can try for yourself.
Breaded Air Okra Fried
Essentially, you know what you’re going to get if you understand the recipe name. The chicken breast breaded and cooked for 15 minutes in an air fryer.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil spray
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 pound okra, caps and tips cut off and sliced (about 20)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour a shallow bowl and mix milk and egg.
- Prepare your grains, pepper, salt, and cornmeal.
- Then place the okra in the cornmeal mixture after you’ve mixed the egg and milk. Taking off any extra floor on your okra will help it remain fresh. You should do each step of cooking okra in batches if you have a lot of the vegetable.
- Cook the okra until it is golden brown, coating it in oil. Air fryers usually take between 10 and 12 minutes to complete this task. The okra in the air fryer basket can flipped or shaken halfway through its cooking time.
- Remove the okra from the oven and salt it to taste. Take advantage of the immediate service and enjoy.
Cheesy Chicken Fritters
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Ground chicken – 1 pound
- Breadcrumbs – ½ cup
- Green onion – 2 tbsps., chopped
- Pepper – 1 tsp.
- Onion powder – 1 tsp.
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp.
- Provolone cheese – ¼ cup, shredded
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup, shredded
- Salt– 1 tsp.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until combined thoroughly. Place the dehydrating tray in a multi-level air fryer basket.
- Make patties from the mixture and place them on a dehydrating tray. Place the air fryer basket into the instant pot. Seal pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select air fry mode and cook at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with frozen fried okra.
Per Serving: Calories 304, Carbs 12.7g, Fat 13.6g, Protein 36g
Those are the kinds of posts I like, where there is a bit of theory thrown in with a bit of practical advice. Balance is important. Our research has shown that okra can cook in the air fryer in 10 to 12 minutes. It was already taught that the okra should not have a slimy taste when prepared. Aside from learning to cook okra in an air fryer, you’ve also learned okra recipe suggestions. What can you say? Isn’t it great that you’ve accomplished so much? I don’t need to tell you that I am proud of you.
Well, that’s it for me, see you at the next one.