Table of Contents
- Learn How to Grill Italian Sausage perfectly
- How you can Grill Italian Sausages
- How Long Does it Take to Grill Italian Sausage?
- What is the best temperature to grill Italian sausages?
- What type of toppings goes great with Italian sausages?
- How can you cook Italian Sausage on the Grill?
- Some Amazing Tips and Tricks
- Final thoughts
Learn How to Grill Italian Sausage perfectly
Do you love Italian sausage? And are you wondering how long does it take to grill Italian sausage? If so, then this blog post is for you.
The grilled Italian sausages that are perfectly cooked and overwhelmed with flavor can be great for the next summer picnic. As sausage on a bun is a very classic and aesthetic summer meal. And can be amazing for BBQs, family gatherings, picnics, and other parties.
Grilled sausages are a very easy way to feed a lot of people. You just have to grill up a bunch of sausages and have plenty of buns for that. But you have to make sure that there are many options for toppings so that your guests will be pleased.
In this blog, we are going to share a very simple recipe for grilling Italian sausage. We will also discuss some of the most commonly asked questions about this food.
How you can Grill Italian Sausages
Here is an easy recipe along with instructions for you to grill Italian sausages. They will be great on a bun along with different types of toppings.
- 8 Italian sausages
It may take 5 minutes to prepare the ingredients while 15 to 17 minutes to cook or grill them.
- First of all, preheat your grill on medium heat to almost 400 to 425 degrees F.
- Put the sausages on your grill. While placing them ensure that there is enough space between them. Then close the lid of the grill and cook them for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Flip the sausages slightly, close the lid and cook them again for 4 to 6 minutes from the other side. Turn them over for the last time and grill for a final 4 to 5 minutes or until your sausages are completely cooked and hit an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Your sausages are ready and you can serve them on their own such as on a bun with your favorite toppings. They might go amazing with diced onion, pickles, grilled peppers, relish, and sauerkraut.
How Long Does it Take to Grill Italian Sausage?
While grilling the sausages, close the lid of the grill and let them cook for 5 to 7 minutes. After that, turn them once to finish the grilling for almost 4 to 5 more minutes. Or unless they are thoroughly cooked and reach the internal temperature of about 165 degrees F.
What is the best temperature to grill Italian sausages?
One of the most common mistakes that most people make while grilling sausages is to grill them at a very high temperature. Remember that when your grill is too hot, your sausages will dry out and their outside will be charred.
It is better to set your grill to medium heat and aim for a temperature around 400 to 425 degrees F. This temperature is very good for grilling sausages. As your grill is preheated, put the sausages on the grill by leaving some space between each of them. Now close the lid of the grill and let them cook undisturbed for 5 to 7 minutes.
You must have to leave the grill’s lid closed as much as possible during the entire process of grilling. Because the closed lid will cook the sausages more evenly. As the sausages are on the grill for about 5 to 7 minutes, lift the lid and turn them over. You will see amazing grill marks on your sausages.
What type of toppings goes great with Italian sausages?
Grilled Italian sausages are the best ones on their own or maybe thrown on a bun. But you may also love them with a lot of different toppings such as hot pickled peppers, mustard, sauerkraut, relish, dill pickles, diced onion, and pickled zucchini.
How can you cook Italian Sausage on the Grill?
Here are some of the tips for you to cook Italian sausage on a grill
- You can easily buy Italian sausage links at almost every second grocery store. You may also prefer spicy ones or mild Italian sausage for a family reunion or kids.
- Now heat your grill to medium heat. In case you do have an outdoor or backyard grill, you may also use a grill pan and cook the Italian sausage in it.
- Put the sausages directly onto the grill and cook them for 5 to 7 minutes a side or unless they are completely cooked.
- When your sausages are done with grilling, remove them from the grill and put them in a dish or a plate, and tent in aluminum foil to keep them warm. You can also put them on a rack in the grill to keep them hot over indirect heat like the veggies cook.
- If you are going to top them with bell peppers and onions then grill both of them until they have a nice char. It is better to grill them for 7 to 10 minutes. Both of them will give a great flavor to your Italian sausage.
Some Amazing Tips and Tricks
Following are some of the tips and tricks for grilling Italian Sausages.
- Non-Stick Spray: whenever you are grilling, always use non-stick cooking spray on your grill gates. It will keep your food from sticking to the grill grates.
- Seasoning: keep the seasoning as simple as you can. You can use only salt and pepper along with a drizzle of garlic powder. But if you like spicy food, you may use a dash of red pepper flakes before grilling.
- Score: when you are concerned about the sausage bursting while grilling them, you can make a few score lines on each of your links.
We hope that you got to know how long does it take to grill Italian sausage. Just follow the tips and tricks we have mentioned in this article and cook some delicious Italian sausages. We also hope that you learned how to cook them on a grill, what is the best temperature for grilling sausage? So, start cooking now.