Table of Contents
Learn How to Grill Ribs After Boiling
You are eager to learn how long to grill ribs after boiling. Well! It may take your little time and patience as the entire process could not be easier. Does not matter if you are going to use a gas grill or a charcoal grill, you have to cook your spice-seasoned ribs over indirect heat for more than an hour.
You may cook them smokey, charred, tender, and to give them a sweet-sticky taste you have to bate them with a glaze of barbecue sauce. You can easily make your own BBQ sauce or could be a grocery store-bought one to make things easier for you.
In this blog, we are going to discuss how you can cook the best-grilled ribs. Along with it, we will also discuss some most commonly asked questions.
How to Cook Best Grilled Ribs
Here is an easy and simple recipe for you along with all the ingredients and instructions to cook the best-grilled ribs.
Ingredients of Grilled Ribs
- 2 racks of baby back ribs (5 to 6 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Half cup of chicken stock
- 1 and a half cups of barbecue sauce
- 1/ 4 cup of apple cider vinegar
Ingredients for the Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 1 and a half tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 and a half tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1/ 4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 and tablespoon of garlic powder
- Half tbsp of ground cayenne pepper
It may take you about 1 5minutes to prepare the ingredients and then about 2 hours and 15 minutes to cook the ribs.
- Preheat the grill whether it is a gas grill or charcoal, heat it to 300 degrees F with the flames or coals only beneath half of your grill.
- For the spice rub take a small box and mix the smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder, brown sugar, black pepper, salt, and cayenne in it.
- Put the rack of ribs on a large sheet tray. And get off the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Sprinkle and then rub the vegetable oil generously all over the ribs, and then season evenly with the spice rub.
- Arrange the ribs on a sheet tray in such a way that the curves of the bones are facing down. Then put the chicken stock and vinegar to your tray and wrap it firmly with aluminum foil.
- Put the tray on the grill over the side having no flame or coals. And cook it over indirect heat unless its internal temperature reaches 180 to 190 degrees F. It may take you about 80 to 90 minutes.
- Now increase the temperature of the grill to about 375 degrees F and oil your grill grates thoroughly. At this point, you have to transfer the ribs directly on the grill grates and brush their tops with the Barbecue sauce.
- Cover the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the ribs over carefully and baste the other side of the ribs with the BBQ sauce. Cover your grill again and cook the ribs for another 5 minutes.
- Continue the process unless the BBQ sauce will create a sticky coating and ribs get charred in spots. It may take you 10 to 20 minutes longer.
- Your ribs are done, transfer them to a cutting board, and cut them into pieces. You can serve them with different sauces.
How Long to Grill Ribs After Boiling?
This factor depends on the heat of your grill. However, ribs must take about 1 and a half hours to 2 hours in total for grilling. You may also use visual cues to know when your ribs get done. If you want them to be tender and easily pierced with a fork and knife, but not falling from the bone, then it is important to check them.
What are the benefits of boiling ribs before grilling?
As we all know, ribs have a lot of fats. So most cooks prefer either to parboil the meat for a short period or boil it for a longer time to tenderize the ribs. Doing this will render some of the rib’s surface fat and make it easier to remove the inner skin before grilling them.
Moreover, this extra step will also help you in shortening the grilling time. As then the ribs are grilled further on the grill and slathered with your desired sauces. Along with it, some recipes may require the ribs to be simmered for a minimum of one hour. And it will automatically lessen the time you may require to grill the ribs.
However, simmering ribs for a long period may soften all of its connective tissues. As a result, you will be able to enjoy a lot more tender grilled ribs. Remember that it is important to simmer the spare ribs regardless of cooking them at a full boil for a longer time. The reason behind this is that the heat of the boil can make the flesh tough.
What is the Best Way to Cook Ribs in the Grill or Oven?
Both ways of cooking ribs in the grill and oven are so far so good. Cooking ribs on the grill might give you the smoky flavors that you love the most. However, cooking them in the oven is an easy and quick way that gives you more control over the temperature. Both of the methods work very well, but when you have enough time, just fire up the grill.
We hope that you know how long to grill ribs after boiling so now you can make ribs at your next barbecue party. You should try different flavors or spice rubs, sauces, and glazes to enhance the taste of your grilled meat. Good luck!