Table of Contents
NuWave is a popular brand of kitchen appliances. You will find several air fryer and oven models manufactured by the brand. Both the Nuwave air fryer and oven arrive with identical features which may confuse you about which one you should choose. So, what is the difference between a Nuwave oven and an air fryer?
In our today’s article, we will let you know about the similarities and the differences between an Nuwave air fryer and oven. If you are confused about which one to choose, check out the below paragraph to decide the right selection for you.
What is NuWave Air Fryer? How does it work?
The air fryer is comparatively a new cooking appliance that allows you to cook things easily. The air fryer is a device that uses hot blows of air to cook things in an enclosed compartment. As it names implies, an air fryer is basically used for frying foods. Most of the air fryers out there is based on a technology titled as “Rapid Air Technology” initially developed by Phillips. What makes the air fryer unique is the use of unique technology compared to traditional cooking appliances.
Typically, the air fryer mechanism consists of a fan and heating element. There is also a basket that holds the food while cooking. The mechanism produces a very hot air circulation inside the closed compartment. The hot air from the fan circulates through the basket. This air action cooks the food from a different angle and also makes the food crunchier. Such a mechanism allows the air fryer to cook food with little or no cooking liquid.
Most of the time, you don’t require using a lot of oil to cook the food in the air fryer. Especially, things like meats, frozen foods, etc. require a lot of oil when you are cooking in frypans and stovetop. But you can cook these foods without any oil in the air fryer. This has become possible because of the unique mechanism of the device. This device is used by health-conscious individuals around the globe to cook healthy meals.
NuWave Air Fryer Benefits
Some of the benefits of the air fryer include:
- The biggest benefit of the air fryer is cooking things with little or no cooking liquid. Not a lot of cooking appliances offer you such a convenience.
- The air fryer is impressive energy efficient. Compared to an oven, an air fryer can save around 20 to 30 percent of the electricity.
- The device is suitable for a variety of cooking works. These include reheat, stir fry, bake, roast, broil, rotisserie, grill, etc. Some models of the air fryer even allow you to cook whole chicken or turkey.
- There are small air fryers for single persons which allows them to quickly prepare the meal. They are also portable and easy to move.
- Air fryers can cook comparatively faster compared to the other ways of cooking. It also assures better cooking performance with mostly automated features.
NuWave Air Fryer Drawbacks
Some of the laid-off of the air fryers.
- One of the main drawbacks of the air fryer is it has limited capacity. You simply cannot cook a lot of food at once in an air fryer.
- Although the air fryer is presented as an alternative to the deep fryer, there are noticeable differences between the taste of these two.
- Some models of the air fryer may cost you a lot of money. Especially, if you want to go for something that offers a lot of features.
- Air fryers also require more time to cook some dishes when compared to deep fryers.
What is NuWave Oven? How does it work?
The NuWave Oven is comparatively more popular and used by more people. What makes the oven different than an air fryer is its mechanism. Instead of air circulation on convection, an air fryer utilizes conduction and infrared simultaneously to cook the food. Conduction is the procedure of transferring heat to the food for cooking. Besides, infrared technology uses infrared rays to cook both inside and outside of the food.
The use of technology in the oven helps to make your food healthier. You can cook without oil and the extra fat from the food is also released while cooking in the oven. Moreover, you can cook different variations of food including meats, veggies, and others. It also allows you to cook frozen foods perfectly. Such capabilities of the NuWave ovens make them very popular amongst the consumer.
NuWave Oven Benefits
Some of the benefits of the NuWave Oven will be discussed below:
- Allows you to perform different types of cooking including steam, grill, bake, broil, barbeque, and much more.
- The quality of cooking is comparatively higher compared to the other ways of cooking food. Food will be well-cooked from both inside and outside.
- Cleaning the NuWave Oven is very easy. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe, allowing you to keep it in the good shape for long-term performance.
- NuWave Oven enables you to cook different types of food at once with its triple cooking feature.
- The cooking capacity of a NuWave oven is comparatively higher in comparison to the NuWave air fryer.
NuWave Oven Drawbacks
Here are some drawbacks of the NuWave Oven:
- One of the cons of the NuWave Oven is it requires cleaning after every use. It is not that important to clean the air fryer after every use.
- You will need to handle the oven a bit more carefully. That is because the device is more prone to scratches, cracks, and other issues due or handling in the wrong way.
- When it comes to baking food, your conventional oven can offer better performance than the NuWave Oven.
Both the air fryer and the oven can help you to make your cooking easier, faster, and more efficient. Both of the appliances has their advantages and drawbacks. Now it is up to you to select the right cooking tool based on your preference. If you have a small family and require cooking less, an air fryer will serve you better. For cooking a large amount of food at once, the NuWave Oven will be a better choice.