Table of Contents
- Cleaning the George Foreman Electric Grill
- How to Clean a George Foreman Grill?
- How to Clean Trays, Spatulas, and Exterior of the Grill?
- What are the best sponges to clean a George Foreman Grill?
- Some Additional Tips to Clean a George Foreman Grill
Cleaning the George Foreman Electric Grill
Are you worried about how to clean the George Foreman electric grill? Well! It is not rocket science and you can easily do it with little guidance. On the internet, you may find different ways to clean the George Foreman Grill.
Keep in mind that you have to be very careful while cleaning the grill as most people scraped the non-stick coating right off of their grill and usually ruined it. However, knowing how to clean a Foreman grill is comparatively easy. As it allows anyone who owns it and cooks healthy grilled foods on it can do it easily as he has various heavy-duty cleanup.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail the cleansing of a Geroge Foreman Grill along with some amazing tips.
How to Clean a George Foreman Grill?
Here are some of the cleaning instructions before you have to start cleaning your George Foreman Grill.
As you have done with cooking your first meal on the George Foreman Grill, clean it thoroughly. It will keep your grill all ready for your future grilling adventures. Some Foreman grills may have removable plates or grates that make cleaning them a lot easier. While some may contain plates that are not removable. However, both types of grills are very simple to clean.
Cleaning of Removable Grill Plates
Let’s move towards cleaning the grill’s plates. For any Foreman grill, that may come with removable plates, you can clean it by the following given steps:
- First of all, unplug your grill and let it cool down completely.
- You can also use an oven mitt on its plates if you have to be sure the plates are cooled off thoroughly.
- Remove the plates and submerge them in hot and soapy water.
- Now you have to use a soapy sponge to scrub the plates and then allow them to air dry.
- Do not use metal scrubbing pads because they can damage the surfaces of your plates.
Cleaning of Non-Removable Grill Plates
Here is a good tip for you to clean a Foreman grill that comes without removable plates and that is to clean the grill when it is still warm before any food residue or leftovers get a chance to harden. For keeping your grill in the best look and working at its peak capacity, you can follow the given steps to clean your grill:
- As you have cooked the food, unplug the grill and keep it open for 10 to 15 minutes, let it cool slightly.
- Put various damp paper towels onto the grill and close its lid.
- Let the grill rest for a few minutes and then clean it with the help of paper towels.
- It might be necessary for you to grab more clean paper towels once the former ones get dirty.
- Make sure you have cleaned under the bottom of the grill where drippings mostly settle.
- It is better to avoid using harsh scrubbers or brushes on the grill, as these can damage its non-stick surface.
- You may also have the option of using a soapy sponge to clean down the interior of the grill.
How to Clean Trays, Spatulas, and Exterior of the Grill?
Trays and Spatula
Trays that may come with your George Foreman grills catch all of the fat and drippings from the food are very easy to clean. And same goes for the spatulas that help you to turn over the food. For cleaning them, you have to put them in a sink full of hot, soapy water and then wash them as you wash any plastic dish. You can also clean the plastic spatulas in the same way.
The Exterior of the Grill
You know that George Foreman grills are generally not designed to be immersed in water. Because they are electrical appliances and putting them in water can lead you to electrical shocks. You can clean the exterior of the grill in the following way:
- After unplugging, clean the exterior or outside of the grill with the help of paper towels or damp towels.
- Simply wipe the exterior of the grill and allow it to air dry.
What are the best sponges to clean a George Foreman Grill?
You may experience that a pack of George Foreman cleaning sponges comes along with some grill models. These sponges are specially designed to clean different surfaces of the grill. As they have a scouring side that will not damage your plates or grill grates. Along with it, grooves are also made on the sponges to fit exactly into the grill plates for easy cleaning.
Some Additional Tips to Clean a George Foreman Grill
Following are some of the amazing tips to clean your George Foreman Grill.
- Cleaning right after using the grill is the smartest way to go. When you leave the grills to sit for a long period, the debris and leftover food hardened that will ruin your grill.
- Always turn off the grill as soon as you are done with cooking on it so that the leftover food will not continue to cool and harden.
- It is recommended to clean the grill plates when they are still warm.
- Put the removable plates in a sink full of hot soapy water, even if you have to run them via the dishwasher.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or metal to clean your grill’s surfaces. Always use wooden, plastic, or nylon utensils so that the coating will not get scratched.
Now that you know how to clean the George Foreman electric grill? Now you can do it without any help and get your grill back to its best. As we will keep on writing about this amazing product, there is a good chance that soon we may come up with another blog post having more tips and tricks for cleaning the George Foreman electric grills.