Table of Contents
- How to Make Bitter Melon Juice
- How to Make Bitter Melon Juice?
- Bitter Melon Drink Recipe
- What is the nutritional importance of bitter melon?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Summing Up
How to Make Bitter Melon Juice
Are you looking to try a new and different drink? Bitter Melon Juice might just be the perfect way to take a break from all of those Vitamin C-heavy juices. Not only is it made from one of the most nutritious vegetables in the world, but it’s also packed with healthy antioxidants!
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make Bitter Melon Juice on your own. This article also features different nutritious factors of bitter melon along with an amazing recipe. Read on to learn how to make delicious Bitter Melon Juice!
How to Make Bitter Melon Juice?
This Bitter Melon Juice recipe is delicious and refreshing. It’s a bit different from the majority of juice recipes out there, thanks to the inclusion of honey and lemon juice! You can enjoy it either hot or cold… just take your pick.
Bitter Melon Drink Recipe
- 1 large or 2 small bitter melons.
- 3 cups water
- 3 fresh Lemons or Oranges. Cut into quarters (2 lemons will yield about 1 cup of juice)
- 1/3 cup honey
- Wash up your berries and cut off any damaged outer leaves. Place them in a medium-sized pot with some water to begin boiling.
- Boil your bitter melon for about 15 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for them to boil, you can go ahead and prepare the rest of your Bitter Melon Juice recipe by cleaning out your juicer and cutting up a few pieces of lemon or orange (or whatever your preferred citrus fruit is) into quarters.
- After the 15 minutes are up, strain the bitter melons out of their water, add a bit more fresh water to rinse them off and then continue boiling them for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cut your melons in half, place them on a cutting board, and use a spoon to scoop out all of the seeds.
- Add your bitter melon pulp to the juicer and let it run for about 1-2 minutes.
- After you’ve juiced your bitter melons, add the honey to the juice while it’s still hot (This will help dissolve the honey faster).
- After, you can add the 3 cups of water to the juice, stir it up and enjoy!
You can also serve your Bitter Melon Juice either hot or cold.
Note: If you’re worried about the bitterness of the drink, feel free to add more honey or sweeteners like agave nectar. Experiment with different combinations until you find something that works for you. You can also store up to 3 servings in the fridge for later.
What is the nutritional importance of bitter melon?
There’s no doubt that Bitter Melon Juice is full of antioxidants and nutrients. Bitter Melon contains anthocyanins, which are red pigments that are flavonoids with anti-inflammatory properties. Other beneficial components include phytonutrients, polyphenols, flavonols, and isoflavones
The juice also contains a range of minerals, including iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and manganese. The iron content is especially important for women who have problems with iron absorption naturally. It helps absorb iron in the digestive system, which can boost your energy levels.
The olive oil used in many Bitter Melon Juice recipes will prevent you from having indigestion after drinking this drink. Olive oil is a healthy lubricant that can allow you to enjoy a complete meal without any stomach aches or other unpleasant side effects.
Moreover, Bitter Melon is rich in Vitamin A, C, and E. It also contains beta-carotene, essential fat, and vitamin K as well as dietary fiber. This makes it a great choice for weight loss or other diet-related purposes.
Bitter Melon Juice is also believed to have anti-diabetic, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you drink bitter lemon juice daily?
A: Most of us try to add a bit more sweetness to our diet when we first start our juice cleanse, and that can make bitter apples, cukes, and limes a little difficult. But if you’re trying to cleanse your system of any toxins that are lingering after the fast, then there’s no reason why you can’t drink bitter lemon juice regularly.
Q: What are the possible side effects of bitter melon juice?
A: The only side effect that you might develop from eating bitter melon is diarrhea. If this happens to you, reduce the amount of juice that you drink and eat a more fiber-rich diet to help it pass through your system better.
Q: What is the best way to store bitter melon juice?
A: Bitter Melon Juice is a very delicate vegetable and it will stain clothing and machinery if you store it for too long. If you can’t drink it within 36 hours of making it, then you can store your leftovers in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
Q: How long does Bitter Melon Juice take to digest?
A: The time it takes for your body to break down the toxins and replenish itself is the same amount of time that it takes for you to consume the juice. Your body will absorb nutrients from bitter melon much more quickly since it’s a much softer vegetable than others, so you’ll be feeling better sooner rather than later.
Q: What is the difference between bitter melon juice and cinnamon?
A: The main difference between these two foods is one of scale. Bitter melon juice is made of a large number of fruits that are crushed and blended together to produce a small amount of juice.
So, that’s all about how to make bitter melon juice on your own. You may see that it is very easy and interesting to make a bitter melon smoothie or juice with only some simple and basic ingredients. Hope you enjoyed it.