Table of Contents
- How to Cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
- What is an Air Fryer?
- How does an Air Fryer Work?
- Do we get the Crispy Turkey in an Air Fryer?
- Is Turkey Bacon healthy to Eat?
- What is the Best Time to Cook Turkey Bacon?
- How to Cook Turkey Bacon in an Air Fryer?
- Why will this Recipe Work for Me?
- What are the Different Ways to Enjoy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon?
- Some Tips for the Recipe:
- Bottom line:
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
It is easy to air fry turkey bacon and less messy than frying it on the stove, which is indeed a bonus.
Turkey bacon in an air fryer is a healthier option for people who are on a diet as well as for heart patients. The reason is that first there is no use of oil in it also it has less fat and calories as compared to pork bacon.
You can have it for breakfast with eggs or take it for lunch with a salad. Also, enjoy a turkey bacon sandwich in the evening with a cup of tea.
What is an Air Fryer?
The exterior design of an air fryer is also unique; keep it anywhere in your home or kitchen.
Most people like deep-fried items, so they think there will be a change of taste in an air fryer. However, that is not true even in an air fryer; the flavor will be the same as a deep-fried item.
Air fryers are also suitable for people on dieting and with heart disease. As in it, you don’t need much oil to cook the food. Just a spray of oil or one tablespoon is enough.
How does an Air Fryer Work?
The hot air rushes down and moves around the food once you turn an air fryer on. From the heat of the hot air, the food gets crispier.
Here’s a guide on how to use an air fryer:
- Place food in basket:
- One of the components of an air fryer is its basket. The basket can hold up to 2 to 10 quarts of food. Well, the basket size depends on the brand of the air fryer.
- We don’t need any oil for an air fryer; however, if you want the food to be crispier, then spray oil or add one tablespoon to the recipe.
- Temperature and time setting:
- Once you are done with placing the food in the basket, the next step is to set the temperature and time of an air fryer.
- Usually, the temperature ranges from 350° to 400°F and the time can be between 5 to 25 minutes. They both depend on the food we are preparing.
- Let the food cook:
- The final step after placing and setting is to let the food cook. Flip the food in between if needed; otherwise, allow it to cook.
- Don’t forget to clean the air fryer once done with cooking.
Do we get the Crispy Turkey in an Air Fryer?
Often bacon turkey is leaner than beacon pork, so it doesn’t render as much fat that helps it to make crispier. So, it will not be crisper like bacon pork. Instead, its texture is similar to ham chewy; only its edges will get slightly crisper in an air fryer.
Is Turkey Bacon healthy to Eat?
Turkey bacon is a healthy alternative to pork bacon. As compared to pork bacon, turkey bacon has less fat and calories. Therefore, it can be better for people on a diet. Not only this, but it is also an excellent choice for people with heart disease.
Turkey bacon is very high in saturated sodium and fat like pork bacon.
What is the Best Time to Cook Turkey Bacon?
Turkey bacon will not take a lot of time to cook. However, it also depends on the size of the air fryer. Usually, it takes 10 minutes to cook.
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in an Air Fryer?
It is easy to cook turkey bacon in an air fryer. Here is the recipe:
- Preparation time-2 minutes
- Cooking time-8 minutes
- Total time-10 minutes
- Serves – people
- Only one packet of turkey bacon.
- Put slices in an air fryer:
- Open the packet, put the slices of turkey bacon in an air fryer if they are too long, and cut them in half.
- You don’t need to preheat the air fryer.
- Cook the slices:
- Now allow the slices to cook in an air fryer at 390 degrees up to 5 minutes. If necessary, flip them in between.
- You can also cook those 3 to 4 minutes more, depending on the crisp you want.
- Serve the turkey bacon:
- Once the slices are done, take them out of the air fryer basket and serve them warm.
- Cook the other slices.
Why will this Recipe Work for Me?
Well, this recipe is perfect to cook turkey bacon in an air fryer because of the following reason:
- It’s a straightforward recipe. Not many ingredients are required as well as no mess.
- You can make air fryer turkey bacon in less than ten minutes. So it saves time.
- It will give you even cooking.
- It’s a new way to cook turkey bacon.
What are the Different Ways to Enjoy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon?
Some of the ways to enjoy turkey bacon are:
- You can have a slice of turkey bacon in a sandwich.
- Enjoy it in a burger as a jalapeno turkey burger.
- Serve the turkey bacon with eggs and toast for breakfast.
- Even you can add it in quiches, frittatas, and egg bake.
Some Tips for the Recipe:
- After 5 minutes, check the bacon. If necessary, flit it as well.
- Brand matters a lot for cooking time. For example, it usually takes 8-10 minutes to cook turkey bacon in an air fryer.
- Always place a single layer of turkey bacon in an air fryer basket.
- If the size of your air fryer is small, then cut the turkey strips in half before cooking.
- When the slices are cooked, it is recommended to place them on a paper towel. It will drain any additional grease.
Indeed turkey bacon is delicious to eat. However, instead of a stovetop, it’s better to cook it in an air fryer with minimum use of oil.
It’s easy to air fry turkey bacon and less messy, but there will be no change in taste. That’s a promise.