Table of Contents
- How To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
- How To Make Ribs In The Style Of St. Louis
- How to Make St Louis Style Ribs
- Grilling Techniques To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
- Cooking The Ribs
- How Long To Cook Country Style Ribs On A Charcoal Grill
How To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
How To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill? These St. Louis Style Ribs are dry-rubbed first, then basted with apple juice, wrapped, and basted again with BBQ sauce for a fall-off-the-bone tender rib. Allow me to demonstrate how to do it on the grill or in the oven! Did you know that St. Louis Style Ribs refers to the cut of rib rather than a dry rub or BBQ sauce?
How To Make Ribs In The Style Of St. Louis
Did you know that spareribs come from the abdomen and are usually thicker and have more meat? They are called a St. Louis because they are chopped down into a rectangular form, have flatter bones, and have the cartilage and breastbone clipped away.
Step 1 To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
Preheat your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. We’ll be grilling them over indirect heat. For a gas grill, use the two-zone method, in which half of the grill is lighted to obtain the desired temperature. The meat is placed on the opposite side, with the sides lit but the middle left off or at the lowest temperature. To grill with indirect flame on a charcoal BBQ or smoker, light the coals and set them to one side of the grill, making room for the food or the middle with the meat you’re cooking. To avoid flare-ups, place a drip pan underneath the meat.
Step 2 To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
Close the cover and place the rack on the grill, bone side down. Allow 30 minutes for these St. Louis Style Ribs to cook. At this time, use apple cider vinegar to wipe the ribs on the grill for a tangy taste of apple juice for a sweeter rib.
Most people prefer to take the ribs off the grill after 30 minutes and arrange them on two pieces of aluminum foil. Fold the edges of the ribs up over them and pour apple juice over them.
Step 3 To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
Wrap the foil over the ribs as tightly as possible. After putting in the apple juice, you want this to be as waterproof as possible. To cook and keep these ribs moist, we’ll steam them. Replace the wrapped St. Louis Style Ribs on the grill, shut the lid, and cook for 30 minutes at 375°F.
Reduce the heat to 250°F. Remove the ribs from the foil, unwrap them, and return them to the grill. Baste each side with your preferred BBQ sauce every 5 minutes for a total of 30 minutes.
How to Make St Louis Style Ribs
Ingredients To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
- St Louis Style Ribs, 4 pounds
- 1/4 cup mustard, yellow
- a quarter cup of apple juice
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
Rub with a dry cloth To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
- Fennel seeds, 2 tbsp
- two tablespoons cumin seeds
- one tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 pound brown sugar
- two tablespoons salt
- smoked paprika, 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- one tablespoon powdered onion
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Also 1 tbsp oregano (dried)
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- In a sauté pan, toast the fennel, coriander, and cumin seeds until aromatic and oils have escaped. In a spice grinder, grind until powdered. If you want, use ground spices instead, but use 1/2 teaspoon less of each.
- In a small mixing container, combine the toasted/ground spices and the rest of the dry rub ingredients. Remove from the equation.
- Remove the membrane from the rear of the ribs. On both sides of the ribs, spread mustard. Pat the dry rub all around and over the ribs on both sides.
- Set them aside and let them rest for at least 30 minutes (or 8 hours, covered if refrigerated).
Grilling Techniques To Cook St Louis Style Ribs On The Grill
- Preheat the gas grill or smoker to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use indirect heat when grilling (See Note 3).
- Place the rack on the grill, bone side down, and close the lid. Allow 30 minutes for the ribs to cook.
- Now, keep the ribs away from the grill and arrange them on aluminum foil. Wrap firmly in foil after folding up the edges and pouring apple juice (mop sauce) over them. After putting in the apple juice, you want this to be as waterproof as possible.
- Return the wrapped ribs to the grill, shut the lid, and cook for another 30 minutes at 375°F.
Cooking The Ribs
Once you have seasoned the ribs properly, it’s time to cook them on the charcoal grill. Make sure that you keep a medium flame. It can be challenging to keep the optimum flames on a charcoal grill as it won’t allow you to control the flames using regulators, unlike gas grills. But you can do that by variating the amount of charcoal thrown into the fuel box.
Place the ribs on the charcoal grill and close the lid for ten minutes. Afterward, open the lid and flip the ribs over so that the other side can be cooked evenly.
How Long To Cook Country Style Ribs On A Charcoal Grill
This question does not have a specific answer, as the grilling time depends on how much cooked you want the ribs to be. For example, people who like medium-cooked ribs should leave them on the grill for 5 minutes on each side. But the ones who desire well-done ribs are recommended to cook them for at least 10 minutes on each side.
The standard cooking time for ribs on a charcoal grill is set at 8-10 minutes for each side.
The term “St. Louis Style Ribs” does not always relate to a dry rub or barbecue sauce but rather the rib cut itself. Dry ribs rubbed and mopped while cooking or smoking, then basted with a BBQ sauce until lacquered and fall-apart tender is what we’re aiming for! Allow me to demonstrate how to do it on the grill or in the oven.