How to Grill Twice Baked Potatoes
Table of Contents
Grilling Twice Baked Potatoes
Do you love potatoes and looking for how to grill twice-baked potatoes? Well, then this blog post is for you. Grilled twice-baked potatoes are an elegant dinner dish that is easy to make and sure to please your guests.
These healthy, allergy-friendly side dishes are a delicious way to enjoy the summer bounty of fresh vegetables. In this article, we are going to share amazing recipes of twice-baked potatoes along with some most frequently asked questions.
How to Grill Twice Baked Potatoes
Here is the recipe for you, so let’s get started.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, (unpeeled and halved lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurts
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies (any combination of red bell peppers, broccoli florets, spinach leaves, or other favorite vegetables)
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-hot. Alternatively, heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place potato halves on a large work surface (keep the halves separate) and drizzle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon of oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and then top each potato half with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese (if desired).
- Drizzle evenly with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Top each potato half evenly with the desired vegetable combination.
- Gently place 1 potato half, cut side down, on the work surface and then top with the remaining potato half, cut side up.
- Drizzle evenly with remaining oil; sprinkle evenly with remaining salt.
Grilled Cheddar Bacon Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1/ 4 cup butter
- Half tablespoon salt
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8-10 ounce package of bacon
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/ 4 tbsp black pepper
- Take a large skillet and melt the butter on medium-high flame. Stir in salt, bacon, and potatoes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes unless your potatoes become fork-tender. Place potato halves in a greased baking dish.
- Top each with 1/4 cup of melted butter (1 time). Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of blue cheese (on top) & bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or just till the top is browning.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Serve hot with bacon and grated cheese.
How do you reheat twice-baked potatoes on the grill?
Fold Each Half of the potato in half and put butter between the skins. Place on grill with foil over the potatoes, add 1 tsp of blue cheese between the skins, and grill for about 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
How long do you cook a once baked potato on the grill?
Well, it depends on how thick you cut it and how hot of a grill it is, but if you put your cut side down for about 5 min and then turn over it and cook for another 5-10 minutes. You always have to cut it into quarters though. In addition, you may also like to put butter on the side, but you can use olive oil or butter spray
How long will twice-baked potatoes keep in the fridge?
Once these are stuffed and wrapped tightly in foil, they will keep for about 4 days in the refrigerator. You can make them in the evening, and then cook/stuff them the next evening. They also freeze fantastically, keeping for about 6-8 months.
Q: What is the best way to reheat the twice-baked potatoes?
A: If you have time, it is recommended to bring them out of the oven, unwrap them from their foil. And let them sit out at room temperature for about 15 – 20 minutes before serving. You’ve never had any problems with this method.
Q: Should I put the potato halves in a bowl before putting them on the grill?
A: We would suggest not. If you put the empty shells into a bowl, it is harder for them to hold their shape when you wrap them with foil. You can, however, add foil around individual halves if they seem like they are not holding their form or laying flat on the grill.
Q: Why do some people use yogurt and others sour cream?
A: This is purely a matter of personal taste. Some find that sour cream gives the potato a creamier, and thus, better consistency. Others feel that the naturally tangy flavor that yogurt brings to the dish makes it creamier. You can use any of these ingredients according to your taste and choice.
Q: How do I know when my potatoes are done?
A: This is a very good question. The perfect method for this is based on the amount of time that it takes to take a potato out of the oven. With other starchy vegetables, such as corn on the cob or even cornbread, you only have to spend about 5 minutes to make them crispy golden brown.
Then you have to start with the second half in the oven, and then test it at the 45-minute mark to see if they are ready. If you find that your potatoes are done too much, you can always pop them into the oven to try to crisp them up a little bit.
Q: What is the best potato for this recipe?
A: You can use any potato you like. Russets are very good and have a ‘fluffiness’ to them that others don’t have. However, you can even use red potatoes and find that they have a very similar taste and texture when cooked.
Hope you get how to grill twice-baked potatoes on your own. We also discussed a lot of commonly asked queries from the public. But if you think we have missed something important or you want to suggest something to us, please comment below. We’d love to hear from you.