Table of Contents
How Long to Cook Frozen Fish Fillets in Air Fryer?
I want to share my secret recipe with you all for all those fans of frozen fish fillets out there. Well, it’s not exactly a secret. My air fryer makes cook raw fish fillets super easy. An air fryer is a game-changer; it will come out all crispy on the outside and succulent and delicious on the inside. Air fryers are the best way to make frozen breaded fish crispy, with no sogginess at all.
This quick and straightforward dinner entrée is so easy that even novice cooks will successfully execute it with my air fryer recipe. From food safety, making air fryer frozen fish is best because you have to defrost the fish first. Previously when ovens were used for cooking frozen fish fillets (air fryers weren’t a thing back then), the process was both time-consuming and labor-intensive. In addition, the outcome wasn’t ‘attractive.’ Frozen fish fillets are better air-fried than a regular oven because the hot circulating air makes the fish fillets crispy without having to oil them.
Benefits of using an Air Fryer to Cook Frozen Fish Fillet
- It is nutritional. According to the general nutrition guidelines, it is paramount for every individual to aim for at least two servings of seafood per week. It is an excellent nutritional and an excellent source of protein. However, it is unfortunate that most individuals do not meet this target, claiming that it is expensive or challenging to make. An air fryer frozen fish fillet is a solution to this.
- It is fast. Cooking this fish will be done in less than 15 to 20 minutes with this recipe. Sometimes you don’t even have to preheat the air fryer beforehand, making this suitable for a fast home-cooked meal.
- No Preparation is necessary. Cooking can be highly stressful especial when you are short of time. The shopping for ingredients, measuring, cutting, washing, to cleaning after cooking, it is preferable to use frozen fish fillet with this recipe. All that is needed is the box of fish and the air fryer to make it.
- It is good if you are new to cook. However, if you are still a novice cook, these recipes should boost your confidence in cooking and help you try some more complicated dishes soon.
- It is good food for Picky Eaters. I am a picky eater, but I find that I enjoy this seafood recipe, as it is a mix of crispy and succulent.
- Less oil is necessary for cooking. Unlike most other cooking methods, using an air fryer requires little or no oil.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets
I have made it a habit to make my Friday dinners all about my air fryer. Air-fried potatoes with fish fillets can be done in about 15 minutes, making way for a very relaxing weekend. But before I give out my frozen fish fillet recipe, here are some air frying tips.
- Little or no oil is necessary.
- Cook Frozen. You do not need to thaw first.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Instead, lay the food in a single layer for more spacing is better.
- Know your air fryer. While some air fryers are preheating automatically, you might need to leave some for a while for preheating. The capacity of air fryers also differs, so you might need to cook in batches depending on your model.
- You can use the first batch as a test. After that, many factors can result in your fish fillet not coming out the way you want it, so it is better to test to know exactly what time and temperature you’ll use with your specific air fryer. After this, you’ll be an air frying fish fillet expert!
- The timing in this recipe is based on those non-preheated air fryers. So if you are cooking in multiple batches back to back, the subsequent batches may cook a little quicker, and you might need to adjust the cooking time.
- Set a timer to flip/toss as directed the fish fillet according to the recipe.
- Be flexible. Several factors could affect how the frozen fish fillet cook, as they all vary in size, thickness, type, and heaviness of the breading. For this reason, you need to adjust the timing.
- One box of frozen fish fillets (whatever brand you prefer will do)
- Any spice you will like to add( I like mine spicy) Vegetable oil, whatever brand your family use will be fine
- Tartar sauce and a few slices of lemon(optional)
- The air fryer. This is the essential piece of kitchen equipment in this recipe.
- Timer. This is to check the time of the cooking.
- A kitchen thermometer. This is very helpful to ensure your fish reached the minimum safe internal temperature after cooking.
- The cooking time for this recipe is 16 minutes.
- First and foremost, put your frozen fish fillet in a bowl, spray it with a bit of vegetable oil, with a squeeze of lemon, then season to taste (while this is not compulsory, it allows me to spice up my fish fillet ). The next step is you will need to place the frozen fish fillet in the air fryer basket. Make sure they do not overlap. Air Fry it at 380°F (193°C) for 12 minutes only. Check to see if it is crispy and done on one side, then flip the fish fillets over and continue to cook at 380°F (193°C) for another 2-4 minutes or until cooked through and the coating is entirely crispy. When you’re air frying the fish fillets, check to make sure they’re cooked through the inside and crispy on the outside. Your fish fillet is ready to be served hot. Some tartar sauce dip on hand is recommended.
- If your air fryer preheats automatically or is cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce air frying by 2 to 4 minutes.
- With some minor tweaks to the recipe, you can pretty much fish in becomes a good food item that can be cooked in the air frying.
Finally, I will like to say a frozen fish fillet is a time-saving and easy recipe that every aspiring cook should try in the air fryer. It is the best way to make frozen fish crispy, with no sogginess at all.