Best Fridge for Jeep Wrangler in 2023
Table of Contents
Jeep Fridge Buying Guide
If you love sending time outdoors camping and connecting with nature, a camping fridge is an essential item to ensure you pack when loading your Jeep Wrangler for a weekend in the wild or a long time on the road.
While a cooler box may seem sufficient, it is not the best option for long road trips in your jeep wrangler or camping since it does not have a refrigeration system.
A cooler box can easily turn into an icy smelly mess with time, which can ruin your trip and your food supply. Keeping food frozen or chilled allows you to be on the road longer and even survive off the grid.
When choosing the best fridge for jeep wrangler off-road adventures, most people go for expensive 12v fridges. The best fridge for camping depends on how often you set camp, your location, and the foods you prefer to have when on the road.
Here are the three-bestselling refrigerators for Jeep Wranglers.
|Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer (4 Liter / 6 Can): AC/DC Portable Thermoelectric System w/ Exclusive On the Go USB Power Bank Option (Blue)||Learn more|
|Igloo 28 Quart Iceless Thermoelectric 12 Volt Portable Ice Chest Beverage Cooler, Silver||Learn more|
|Top||ARB 10810602 Portable Fridge/Freezer Weatherproof Portable Fridge/Freezer||Learn more|
Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer
- An interior middle shelf
- Easy to use open handle
- Interior vents and fans
- Matte finish for easy cleaning
- Small feet to raise it above ground
- Made with plastic and aluminum
- 100% environmental friendly
The Cooluli mini-fridge and cooler is available in four different colors for the door, ensuring you can get something that matches your camping gear. The main difference you will note about this unit is that it is a mini cooling system with the capacity to hold up to 6, 12oz cans. The other difference between this and other mini camping fridges is that you can also use it as a warmer.
With just one click of a button, you can have the unit running at 40° below ambient temperatures or at 149F to keep your food warm. If you are in the market for a thermoelectric energy-efficient unit, this is the best choice for you. Running at an ultra-silent 28Db, it is the best choice for a mini camping fridge that comes complete with a grid handle for portability.
You can run it on the mains AC 110V, a car battery DC 12V, or a 5V USB port.
- CONVENIENT + LIGHTWEIGHT: The Cooluli Classic 4-liter thermo-electric cooler/warmer mini fridge sports a matte finish and a modern profile that’s perfectly portable. This unit measures: 7.25 W x 10.25 D x 10.75 H and weighs 4 lbs and inner unit measures: 5.3L x 5.7W x 8.3H
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS + USES: The Classic 4-L is super-versatile. Use it anywhere to store food, drinks, beer, snacks, breast milk, insulin, skincare and medications
- PERFECT FOR SKINCARE & BEAUTY ESSENTIALS: Store your skincare, personal care & beauty product faves! From moisturizers to masks… serums to creams…& everything in between!
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: The unique semiconductor operation is energy-efficient, ultra-quiet and 100% environmentally friendly.Cooling Capacity: 40ºF-45ºF below ambient temperature
- AC + DC + USB: The Cooluli Classic-4L covers all your bases! AC and DC power cords are included for indoor or outdoor use, plus it comes with a USB cord for ultra-flexibility.Warming Capacity: 122ºF-144ºF
Igloo 28 Quart Iceless Thermoelectric 12 Volt Portable Ice Chest
- An ergonomic shape for portability
- A swing-up grip handle on the top side
- Grey-silver and white color options in either 26 or 28 quartz.
- Molded side handles for better grip and portability when full.
This 20-qt electric cooler comes with the ability to hold up to 40, 12oz cans while keeping them at 36F below the environmental temperature. As an electric cooler, you do not need to worry about the mess of cleaning an icebox since you do not need ice for the unit.
To keep the unit cold inside, you only need to attach the provided 8-ft code to your car battery to keep your food and drinks fresh and cool. You can leave it connected while on the road by plugging in the 12v car socket.
When you get to your camping spot, you can be sure that your foods and drinks are still fresh and chilled. This small portable cooler fridge used a convection cooling system that circulated cold air inside the cooling unit and comes with an ultra-quiet brushless motor. Just ensure you keep the vents clear for it to work perfectly.
- Swing-up bale handle with comfort grip for easy carrying. Liner Material: Polypropylene
- Molded-in side handles for two handed carrying or lifting. Capacity-32 12-oz cans; 26 quarts (24 liters)
- 8 long power cord plugs into any 12V DC receptacle (e.g. cigarette lighter) for portable use - good universal fit in 12V outlet
- uses your cars cigarette lighter to cool without ice, unlocking more room for food and drinks, as well as keeping all contents fresh and dry. Takes cooler temperature down to 36°F below surrounding air
- Cools without ice and leaves you more room for food and drinks
- Ergonomic design features a curved back that comfortably hugs your side while carrying
- Quiet brushless motor and convection cooling with a fan to circulate cold air
- The 8 feet long power cord plugs into any 12V DC receptacle (cigarette lighter) for portable use
- 18 1/4 inches by 12 3/4 inches by 17 1/4 inches
ARB Portable Weatherproof Camping Fridge Freezer
- Ability to be mounted permanently onto a boat, RV, or SUV using tamper-proof bolts
- Gas spring lid to ensure it remains open when in use.
- Non-removable lid
- Weatherproof open recessed electronic control
- Built-in battery
- Wireless LED display with dimming backlight
- Inner basket
The ARB portable weatherproof fridge body is constructed from long-lasting 403-grade stainless steel
With anodized aluminum hinges. This makes the portable refrigerator an ideal choice for outdoor adventures where it is dragged and pulled, thanks to its durable and tough built.
It is also a weatherproof portable refrigerator, making it perfect for camping even in the extreme conditions. You can leave it outside or carry it at the back of an open truck without having to worry about wear and tear. It being weatherproof, it is created to withstand harsh UV rays.
All the electric components are well sealed and protected. You can use a 4-digit code to lock the fridge from the electronic display pad. It also comes with a padlock fitting for security when the cooler is not connected to a power outlet.
- Weatherproof control panel, Main body and lid constructed from 304 grade stainless steel with raised feature forming and embossed ARB logos on both sides of the cabinet, Tamperproof bolts for permanent mount options and added security
- Strong ASA protective corner pieces on main body and lid, Recessed rear remote monitor transmitter positioned to be protected from the weather
- Unique infinite position gas strut – will hold lid open in any position, Heavy duty tamperproof cast stainless steel hinges (non-removable lid)
- Evaporator height increased which also surrounds both primary and secondary compartments (no longer a dairy section), Increased fridge cabinet insulation thickness
- 4-digit pin code protected electronic locking system, Locked/unlocked warning, Dimmable display, DC voltage supply read
FAQs about the best fridge for jeep wrangler
How much gas will my jeep wrangler fridge use?
If you use 200g of gas every 24 hours, your fridge used at least 4.5g of the gas in 22 days. You can get 133 hours from a 60W electric camping fridge using a car battery. This type of fridge turns off at a given temperature, therefore preventing it from running nonstop.
If you connect your fridge to the main electricity on a camping site, you only need to pay a small amount to charge your unit every day.
How do jeep wrangler fridges work?
Generally, camping fridges work using a compressor or a thermoelectric system. The compressor system is more efficient than the two since it pressurizes a unit to expand in a valve. This pressure reduces and forms a liquid, which cools the system as it uses a fan to circulate the cold air.
On the other hand, a thermoelectric cooling system makes use of the Peltier effect conductor. When an electric current is passed through the conductor, it produces cool air, cooling the system.
Both systems require vents to prevent condensations and function well with interior fans to circulate the air.
How to pack your jeep wrangler fridge
Once you have chosen the best fridge for jeep wrangler for your needs, it is important to know how best to pack it. The following process will only take you about 5 minutes and will make it much easier to manage your mini-fridge while on the road.
Always stack your foods in the order you will be eating them. This makes access quicker and ensures you do not keep the fridge door open for too long.
Ensure you do not cover the vents to ensure even air circulation to keep all areas of the inside space evenly cooled. Always keep the fridge and freezer cool for improved efficiency by preventing empty air pockets. Also, ensure you utilize the inner baskets.
With the best fridge for jeep wrangler, you can make your trip last longer without worrying about running out of food while off the grid. Any of the three fridges highlighted in this article can turn any camping trip into a wonderful adventure.