Best Fridge for Sprinter Van in 2023
Table of Contents
The Best Fridges for Off-Grid Van Life Living
If you often go off-grid camping in your sprinter van, one of the most important things you need for your trips is refrigeration. A campervan fridge should also be one of the many factors to consider when you want to build your sprinter van for camping or RV life. Considering installing refrigeration will change how you design your RV, and is one of the best ways to make your sprinter van feel more like home.
If you are in the market for the best fridge for sprinter van, here are the three best options, including a guide on how to make the best choice for your needs.
|Igloo 28 Quart Iceless Thermoelectric 12 Volt Portable Ice Chest Beverage Cooler, Silver||Learn more|
|Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer (4 Liter / 6 Can): AC/DC Portable Thermoelectric System w/ Exclusive On the Go USB Power Bank Option (Blue)||Learn more|
|Top||ARB 10810602 Portable Fridge/Freezer Weatherproof Portable Fridge/Freezer||Learn more|
Igloo 28 Quart Iceless Thermoelectric 12 Volt Portable Ice Chest
This 20-qt electric cooler comes with the ability to hold up to 40, 12oz cans while keeping them at 36F below the environmental temperature. As an electric cooler, you do not need to worry about the mess of cleaning an icebox since you do not need ice for the unit.
To keep the unit cold inside, you only need to attach the provided 8-ft code to your car battery to keep your food and drinks fresh and cool. You can leave it connected while on the road by plugging in the 12v car socket.
- An ergonomic shape for portability
- A swing-up grip handle on the top side
- Grey-silver and white color options in either 26 or 28 quartz.
- Molded side handles for better grip and portability when full.
When you get to your camping spot, you can be sure that your foods and drinks are still fresh and chilled. This small portable cooler fridge used a convection cooling system that circulated cold air inside the cooling unit and comes with an ultra-quiet brushless motor. Just ensure you keep the vents clear for it to work perfectly.
- Swing-up bale handle with comfort grip for easy carrying. Liner Material: Polypropylene
- Molded-in side handles for two handed carrying or lifting. Capacity-32 12-oz cans; 26 quarts (24 liters)
- 8 long power cord plugs into any 12V DC receptacle (e.g. cigarette lighter) for portable use - good universal fit in 12V outlet
- uses your cars cigarette lighter to cool without ice, unlocking more room for food and drinks, as well as keeping all contents fresh and dry. Takes cooler temperature down to 36°F below surrounding air
- Cools without ice and leaves you more room for food and drinks
- Ergonomic design features a curved back that comfortably hugs your side while carrying
- Quiet brushless motor and convection cooling with a fan to circulate cold air
- The 8 feet long power cord plugs into any 12V DC receptacle (cigarette lighter) for portable use
- 18 1/4 inches by 12 3/4 inches by 17 1/4 inches
Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer
The Cooluli mini-fridge and cooler is available in four different colors for the door, ensuring you can get something that matches your camping gear. The main difference you will note about this unit is that it is a mini cooling system with the capacity to hold up to 6, 12oz cans. The other difference between this and other mini camping fridges is that you can also use it as a warmer.
- An interior middle shelf
- Easy to use open handle
- Interior vents and fans
- Matte finish for easy cleaning
- Small feet to raise it above ground
- Made with plastic and aluminum
- 100% environmental friendly
With just one click of a button, you can have the unit running at 40° below ambient temperatures or at 149F to keep your food warm. If you are in the market for a thermoelectric energy-efficient unit, this is the best choice for you. Running at an ultra-silent 28Db, it is the best choice for a mini camping fridge that comes complete with a grid handle for portability.
You can run it on the mains AC 110V, a car battery DC 12V, or a 5V USB port.
- CONVENIENT + LIGHTWEIGHT: The Cooluli Classic 4-liter thermo-electric cooler/warmer mini fridge sports a matte finish and a modern profile that’s perfectly portable. This unit measures: 7.25 W x 10.25 D x 10.75 H and weighs 4 lbs and inner unit measures: 5.3L x 5.7W x 8.3H
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS + USES: The Classic 4-L is super-versatile. Use it anywhere to store food, drinks, beer, snacks, breast milk, insulin, skincare and medications
- PERFECT FOR SKINCARE & BEAUTY ESSENTIALS: Store your skincare, personal care & beauty product faves! From moisturizers to masks… serums to creams…& everything in between!
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: The unique semiconductor operation is energy-efficient, ultra-quiet and 100% environmentally friendly.Cooling Capacity: 40ºF-45ºF below ambient temperature
- AC + DC + USB: The Cooluli Classic-4L covers all your bases! AC and DC power cords are included for indoor or outdoor use, plus it comes with a USB cord for ultra-flexibility.Warming Capacity: 122ºF-144ºF
ARB Portable Weatherproof Camping Fridge Freezer
The ARB portable weatherproof fridge body is constructed from long-lasting 403-grade stainless steel
With anodized aluminum hinges. This makes the portable refrigerator an ideal choice for outdoor adventures where it is dragged and pulled, thanks to its durable and tough built.
- Ability to be mounted permanently onto a boat, RV, or SUV using tamper-proof bolts
- Gas spring lid to ensure it remains open when in use.
- Non-removable lid
- Weatherproof open recessed electronic control
- Built-in battery
- Wireless LED display with dimming backlight
- Inner basket
It is also a weatherproof portable refrigerator, making it perfect for camping even in the extreme conditions. You can leave it outside or carry it at the back of an open truck without having to worry about wear and tear. It being weatherproof, it is created to withstand harsh UV rays.
All the electric components are well sealed and protected. You can use a 4-digit code to lock the fridge from the electronic display pad. It also comes with a padlock fitting for security when the cooler is not connected to a power outlet.
- Weatherproof control panel, Main body and lid constructed from 304 grade stainless steel with raised feature forming and embossed ARB logos on both sides of the cabinet, Tamperproof bolts for permanent mount options and added security
- Strong ASA protective corner pieces on main body and lid, Recessed rear remote monitor transmitter positioned to be protected from the weather
- Unique infinite position gas strut – will hold lid open in any position, Heavy duty tamperproof cast stainless steel hinges (non-removable lid)
- Evaporator height increased which also surrounds both primary and secondary compartments (no longer a dairy section), Increased fridge cabinet insulation thickness
- 4-digit pin code protected electronic locking system, Locked/unlocked warning, Dimmable display, DC voltage supply read
How to choose the best fridge for sprinter van
Chest vs upright fridge
When choosing the most suitable fridge to install in a sprinter one, one of the factors you will need to consider is whether to go for an upright, front-loading fridge or a chest ridge/freezer.
Most reviews will tell you that chest fridges are the most efficient for vanlife since they do not let out a lot of cold air when opening. However, a front door, upright refrigerator is also efficient and off-grid power is not as scares as it once was. Therefore, your choice should be based on your preference and the size of your sprinter van.
How big or small a sprinter van is determines how big or small your fridge should be. You need to consider the motorhome kitchen space and the layout to determine the best fridge for your needs.
If you spend weeks or months on end on the road or off-grid, investing in a larger motorhome fridge would make more sense since you would be able to store enough food to last you longer on the road before you need to replenish.
The power supply
Generally, the power supply in a van can be either 110v AC, propane-powered, or 12v DC. 12v is the best option for a small-size sprinter van. These look the same as small coolers but have the functions of a fridge. The mini fridges that run on 12v DC are mostly cooler-style fridge freezers.
Propane is alternate energy commonly used in motorhomes. With a propane-powered power source, you can save a lot of money on the electric setup in your motorhome. The downside to using propane is that you need to ensure you always have a good supply of gas on your motorhome to keep your fridge powered at all times.
When living in a printer van, the power supply is an important topic, especially if you are on the road for extended periods. Sprinter van fridges are some of the most power-consuming gadgets in your motorhome since they are always connected to the source. If you are worried about power conservation, you should consider going for a 12v DC fridge to save energy.
Whenever you are not connected to shore power, a 12v motorhome fridge places a lesser load on your power inverters and batteries. You can use inverters that invert 12v to 110v and save up to 90% of energy.
Finding the best fridge for printer van living does not have to be a task. By reading this guide, you have acquired knowledge that you can use to choose from the best options in the market. To save you from the comparison hustle, you can select from the three reviewed above for the best options in the market.