Best Fridge for Apartment in 2023
Table of Contents
The top 3 refrigerators for apartments
Are you looking for a refrigerator to fit into a small apartment? Whether you live in a standalone house or an apartment, it is impossible to run a home without a refrigerator. When choosing the perfect unit for an apartment, there is no one option for all since different apartments come in different sizes.
Generally, the best fridge for apartment units ranges from 7 to 17 cubic feet in capacity, giving you plenty of options to choose from in the market.
Here are the top 3 options for the best fridges for apartments.
|Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer, 3.5 Cubic Feet, White||Learn more|
|Top||Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator, WHD-113FSS1 - Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator AC 110V/ DC 12V True Freezer for Car, Home, Camping, RV -8°F to 50°F, One Size, Gray||Learn more|
Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer
The Midea 3.5 cubic feet chest freezer is an ideal choice for anyone looking for an apartment-size fridge freezer. It comes in a neutral color that can easily blend into the furniture in your kitchen and apartment, making it seem like part of the décor. It is certified as safe to use by the US energy regulation, even for apartment spaces.
It comes with adjustable legs that make it easy to move and handle. It also comes with bolt-like threading and afoot at the bottom. Overall, this is a decent cooling unit for a small apartment if you need to store food and drinks. The freeze option makes it possible for you to store everyday foods.
This is the perfect unit for apartments with 2 or 3 occupants. It can also be used in an office setting, a dorm room, and garage space. If you are looking to save on space in your apartment but still enjoy the luxury of keeping your food fresh, this unit will serve your needs.
- Mechanical Control with Adjustable Thermostat from -12 to -28 Degrees (Great for Storing Frozen Food, Ice Cream, Ice, etc)
- Contains 1 Hanging Wire Storage Basket
- Hinge-Style Door Remains Open from 45 to 75 Degree Angles
- Full 1-Year / Compressor 2-Year Warranty
Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator
If you prefer a double door fridge, the Midea 3.1 cu. Ft compact refrigerator is the best option for apartment living. It is larger than a mini-refrigerator but smaller than a traditional fridge that takes up space in the kitchen. This unit from Midea is the perfect balance for your apartment.
Its compact size makes it ideal for small kitchen places, bedrooms, dorms, and offices with adjustable legs and a reversible door ideal for compact spaces. This refrigerator comes with a separate compartment for fruits and vegetables, ensuring you can store just about any food. It also has internal walls on the main compartment where the lighting is fixed.
The feature that makes this the best fridge for apartment living is the energy star rating that makes it energy efficient. With this unit, you will not need to worry about diving up your power bill. It also comes with a thermostat for temperature adjustment, and a semi-automatic defrost system.
- Adjustable Temperature Ranges: Refrigerator Compartment 32 to 50 F/ Freezer Compartment -11. 2 to 5F
- Features Adjustable Legs and a Reversible Door that can Open from Left or Right
- Interior Light; Partial automatic defrost
- Separate Fruit and Vegetable Drawer. Note: The Internal Walls of the Main Compartment are Slightly Tapered Toward the Back. If the light is not working: Check if The power supply cord is unplugged, A household fuse or circuit breaker has tripped, Light bulb is loose in the socket, Light bulb burned down
- Full 1-Year . Fresh Food Capacity: 2. 2 cu. ft.
Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator
If you are concerned that your fridge will take up too much space in your apartment, the Whynter portable refrigerator is the best option for your space-saving needs. You can cool drinks and food from -8 degrees F and 50 F with this unit, making it ideal for use as a freezer or a regular fridge. This fridge comes with a fast freeze option for rapid cooling of foods to -8 degrees. This is perfect for frozen foods.
It is made with stainless steel handles that make moving this mini fridge easy. This way, you do not need a designated place for the fridge since you can store it away when you need to make more room in your apartment. The interior is made of two wire baskets that are removable for easier time organizing. It also has an insulated lid and walls and is easy to clean thanks to the drain plug feature.
The exterior of this mini fridge comes with coated tough steel available in gray and camo. This makes it perfect for a mancave, for use in a campsite, a morning tailgate, or a long hunting trip. The best part is that this fridge is a dual voltage appliance, featuring an 8ft AC power cord and a 10ft DC cord. This makes it easy for you to plug into a direct power source when around shore power.
The only downside is the 45qt capacity, which means you might need to find a grocery store more often. Also, the unit only comes with one compartment, meaning you cannot use it as a freezer and fridge at the same time. However, its compact size makes it perfect for small apartments.
- External dimensions: 23.5″ W x 16.5″L x 20.5″ H | Net weight: 45 lb
- 45 Quarts or 60 Cans (12FL oz) capacity; Adjustable temperature range: -8°F to 50°F; LED temperature display; “Fast Freeze” mode rapidly cools to -8°F
- 8-feet AC power cord and 10-feet DC power cord; Two removable wire baskets; Insulated lid and walls; ETL approved
- Power low indicator; Functions even when tilted 30°; Tough and solid outer powder coated steel housing; Drain Plug for easy cleaning; Stainless steel side handles
- Car, RV and home use; Operates as a refrigerator or freezer; work with 12/24V DC and 110V AC power; Voltage power AC (115V/ 60Hz – 65W/ 0.75A) or DC (12V/24V – 4.5A /2.5A Car Lighter Socket); unit can be plugged in with both AC power and the DC power at the same time. If both AC and DC are plugged in at the same time, then the unit will primarily operate on AC. If the AC power source fails, DC will become primary power supply source.
- Wattage: 65 Watts
- ETL approved; Refrigerant Type: R-1
What should I consider when buying a refrigerator for my apartment?
How much space do you have? This is usually the first question you will be asked when looking for an apartment fridge. Apartment kitchens usually come with limited kitchen space, limiting the number of kitchen appliances you can have.
The new refrigerators in the market require a quarter to a half-inch space between the walls and sides of the unit. This is recommended to ensure there is adequate airflow around the refrigerator coils. Before making a purchase, ensure you measure the space you want to fit the fridge to ensure you get the right unit for your home.
Storage space needs
Apart from the size of a refrigerator, you also need to determine how much food storage you want to have. Generally, the total storage space of a fridge is measured in cubic feet. Since it is difficult to visualize a size in your mind, it is best to ensure you check the storage in person. Generally, ensure you invest in a fridge is slightly more storage space than you imagine you require. Leaving a few inches between your food containers ensures there is enough room for cool air to circulate in the unit.
This is an important factor to consider for renters. The best fridge for an apartment you are renting should be easy to move and transport. The good thing about most apartment fridges is that they come in a lightweight design compared to full-size fridges for permanent homes.
Go for a refrigerator with castors/rollers to make moving easier. With rollers, pulling and moving a fridge is easy even when you need to clean under it.
Modern apartment fridges come in different configurations that include bottom drawer freezer fridges, the traditional top-drawer freezer options, and a refrigerator without freezer compartments. When choosing the best fridge for apartment living, go for one that balanced practicality with preference.
Like any other appliance, refrigerators also go through style changes, making it difficult to keep up. The best option for your style should be one that matches your kitchen’s design and style.
Purchasing a refrigerator is one of the major purchases you will make for your home. Whether you need a narrow fridge for a small apartment or a larger option, it is important to choose the best option for your needs. Choose the best fridge for apartment living from the reviewed options to enjoy convenience, energy efficiency, and style.