Best Wood to Use for Cutting Boards in 2023
Table of Contents
What is the Best Wood to Use for Cutting Boards
Who doesn’t want to own the best wood to use for cutting boards? However, there’re different types of wood. They’re compatible with various cutting boards. Yet, we’ll provide the three types of cutting boards from other wood materials in the article.
We’ll also talk about the compatibility of each cutting board with different food items. Anyways, there’re mainly three types of cutting boards. They’re end, face, and front grain. In addition, wood material can be teak, bamboo, walnut, maple, and many more. The best, according to us, is the teak and bamboo.
However, we’ll provide the list of the three best cutting boards in this article. Each panel will have its showcase with features and more relevant information. Yet, we’ll provide an insightful buyer’s guide to understand the cutting board industry better. Hence, let’s get into it.
|Top||Zulay Kitchen 3-Piece Bamboo Cutting Board With Juice Groove - 100% Thick Wood Cutting Board Set - Large Cutting Board Bamboo With Handle - Wood Cutting Boards For Kitchen||Learn more|
|John Boos Block R02 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board, 24 Inches x 18 Inches x 1.5 Inches||Learn more|
|SEMORK Thick Wood Chopping Board for Meat with Sharpening Stone & Easy-grip Handle (Medium, 13 x 9"), Best Butcher Block for Vegetable and Cheese, Hardwood Fruit Cutting Board for Home Renovation Gift||Learn more|
The Three Best Wood to Use for Cutting Boards Latest Reviews
Zulay Kitchen 3-Piece Bamboo Wood Cutting Board
The Zulay Kitchen Cutting board is of bamboo wood. It comes with a juice groove and completes a thick wood cutting board set. With the feature of a wood handle, the bamboo cutting board set is our top pick.
The cutting boards are rectangular. Hence, its uniform design helps to achieve stability for users while cutting food items. Yet, the feature of all-natural bamboo makes the board durable and sturdy.
In addition, the wood is BPA-free. Thus, it’s environmentally friendly and doesn’t affect user health. The thick one-piece design ensures the anti-scratch, smell, and odors resistant properties.
Moreover, the cleaning feature is one of the best and convenient features. It just takes some soap and water to clean. Yet, it’s the best practice to use a bit of oil before cutting to avoid absorbing moisture.
- Comes with a set of boards
- Thickness level is compliant
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Curved boards with grooves
John Boos Block Maple Wood Cutting Board
The maple wood board from the John Boos brand is perfect for edge-grain cutting boards. However, the reversible cutting board ensures flexibility for users.
There’re three different sizes available. However, we’re talking about the size of 24 x 18 x 1.5 inches, which is the biggest of the three dimensions. Besides, with a weight of 6.5 pounds, the shape of the board is rectangular.
The primary housing material of the cutting board is northern hard rock maple wood. Moreover, with a 1.5 inches thickness, it’s excellent for cutting any food item.
All the cutting boards from the John Boos brand are of the “R” series.
- Uniform thickness
- Hand wash and dry safe
- NSF certified boards
- Integrated Handgrips
- All user-friendly
- Don’t come with board sets
- John Boos Block R02 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board measures 24 inches long, 18 inches wide and 1.5 inches thick
- Made in the USA: Each John Boos Butcher Block and Cutting Board is proudly made in Effingham, Illinois by skilled craftspeople using time honored techniques since 1887
- Cutting board is made from sustainably sourced, hand-selected Northern Hard Rock Maple Wood- widely recognized as one of finest, most durable food preparation surfaces in the world
- This board is reversible, both sides are flat and can be used as cutting surfaces. Integrated handgrips on each end make lifting, moving and cleaning this classic, versatile board easy for all users
- The R series cutting boards by John Boos are hearty boards that are just right at 1.5 inches thick. They have earned a reputation as a customer favorite in home and commercial kitchens alike
- 1 Year Warranty: John Boos is proud to offer a one year guarantee against defects in workmanship and materials. R Boards are NSF certified
- The Professional Choice: Often imitated, Boos Boards and blocks are the preferred cutting surfaces of top chefs and restaurants around the world
- Safe for fine cutlery: Wooden cutting boards are easier on knives than plastic boards (which can dull knives more quickly)
Semork Thick Wood Chopping Board
The Semorck Thick wood cutting and chopping board is perfect for meat-type foods. However, the product comes with a sharpening stone. Hence, it’s a unique and versatile cutting board.
There’re six sizes of board available. But, we’re talking about the medium-sized board. With an easy-grip handle and a length of 12.99 x 9.06 x 1 inches, the board is perfect for most kinds of cutting operations.
The housing materials are full of ebony hardwood. Hence, there are no concerns for durability features. It won’t split or crack at any point of use.
Besides, the reversible cutting surface provides flexibility. The width or thickness level is perfect to avoid water absorption. Thus, durability is enhanced.
- Compatible with cutting and chopping
- 2-in-1 block cutting board
- Doesn’t absorb moisture
- Limited Lifetime warranty
- PERFECT COMBINATION WITH SHARPENING STONE - Our cutting board block has an additional feature on it and its pretty handy to use, whenever needed, just use the sharpener attached at the corner to quickly polish the kitchen knife to cut food more effectively. Your family would definitely love this two-in-one block cutting board.
- THICK AND DURABLE - Our thick cutting board is 100% made of ebony hardwood with 1-inch thickness, which is made to last for years. The natural chopping board wood would not harm the knife when chopped, nor will it split or crack. Its a perfect option for meats, veggie, cheese and fruit preparation.
- REVERSIBLE & HYGIENIC - The medium cutting boards for kitchen has a reversible cutting surface perfect for everyday food preparation, from slicing fruit to chopping veggie and craving meat and poultry. Two silicone stand pads are placed on the width of the kitchen chopping board to solve the water residue issue after cleaning for your familys hygienic purpose. Meanwhile, our stainless steel handle is convenient for you to take or hang on the wall.
- MULTI-PURPOSES & BEST GIFT- The medium cutting board is safe, practical, and of high quality. It can also be served as a handy cheese board, dessert plate, appetizer tray, petit fours or BBQ board etc. The kitchen cutting board is also an ideal gift for all occasions like home moving or renovation, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthday and most importantly the best present for Father and Mothers Day.
- EASY TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN - Hand-wash in warm water and allow to air-dry. Apply food-grade mineral oil regularly for a longer lifespan. Tips*: In some cases, you might find the board sticker could not be peeled completely, please apply mineral or vegetable oil, or simply soak it in water for around half an hour before wiping it off with a damp clean clo
Latest Buyer’s Guide for the Best Wood to Use for Cutting Boards
So, a cutting board can be of different types. Different woods are compatible with other cutting boards. However, such panels have some common qualities that all should consider while buying. So, look out for the quality factors below.
Wood can be bamboo, teak, maple, beach, and many more. However, for end-grain cutting boards, bamboo woods are the best. And for front grains, teak or maple can be two options. Hence, choose according to the board grain type.
Easy to Operate
The board design should be such that it’s comfortable and flexible to perform the chopping operation. Size is a contributing factor in ease of operation.
Durability depends on few factors. For example, boards that don’t absorb moisture or water remain solid even after an extended period. Hence, choose according to compliant features.
The grip feature of a cutting board plays a big role in the safety factor. If a cutting board grips well to any surface, it’s good to go.
Size depends on individual selections. There’re different sizes available in the market. However, medium to large-sized is the best for most operations.
So, we understand that there’re different types of wood. Hence, there’re various cutting boards. In accordance, users have a variety of choices. However, the best woods for cutting boards are bamboo and teak. Maple wood is also durable.
For end grains, bamboo woods are the best choice. One keynote is that many brands are in the wood and cutting board industry. So, it can get confusing at times to identify the most suitable cutting board. But, if you follow our buyer’s guide, it’ll be more accessible.
Cutting boards are an essential part of our kitchen lives. Hence, it’s the best practice to own the best product. No kitchen is complete without an appliances list that doesn’t contain cutting boards. However, watch the video below to learn more about cutting boards in general.