Table of Contents
- Product Reviews
- Kiso Hinoki Cutting Boards, Made in Japan
- Shun DM0817 Hinoki Cutting Board
- Yoshihiro Hi-soft High Performance Professional Grade Cutting Board
- FAQs on Cutting Boards
If you are already using Japanese knives, then you should already know that these knives are extremely thin. They can easily get damaged if you use a hard chopping board. To keep your expensive Japanese knives in good shape, a well-equipped cutting board is what you should invest for afterward. Apart from keeping your blade safe, they will also enhance your working experience.
In today’s guide, we will make you familiar with some of the best cutting board for Japanese knives. So, if you are searching for the right one, you should consider purchasing these options. Below, we will discuss the detailed information about the cutting boards.
|Top||Kiso Hinoki Cutting Boards, Made in Japan, Authentic Japanese Cypress, 20 x 12 x 1 Inch||Learn more|
|Shun DM0817 Hinoki Cutting Board, Large||Learn more|
|Yoshihiro Hi-soft High Performance Professional Grade Cutting Board Japanese Sashimi Chef's Tool Made in Japan (Large)||Learn more|
The cutting board has been chosen based on our research by considering various aspects of the product. They are proven to be reliable as per the previous customers. Check out the detailed reviews of the boards from below.
Kiso Hinoki Cutting Boards, Made in Japan
The Kiso Hinoki Cutting Board is made in Japan for Japanese knives. Like your premium-grade Japanese knives, the cutting board is also well-optimized to ensure a decent experience. It is a 20x12x1 inch cutting board from the Thirteen Chefs brand, large enough to work with ease. You will glad to know that it is made of 100% authentic Japanese cypress. The wood is also well-known for being gentle on Japanese knives from various brands.
The Kiso Hinoki Cutting Board is rich in natural phytoncide compounds. This ensures that the wood will naturally prevent the growth of mold and bacteria. Besides, it is crafted from one-inch-thick strips of hinoki apart from being layered. As a result, it can ensure you more strength and durability for a long-term user experience. You should consider the cutting board to keep the blade edge and lessen the maintenance.
- Rich in natural phytoncide compounds to prevent the growth of molds and bacteria.
- 20x12x1 inch cutting board, large enough to work with ease.
- 100% authentic Japanese cypress, known for being soft and gentle with your knives.
- keep the blade edge and lessen the need for maintenance in the long term.
- This board may not be a great choice for heavy chopping.
Shun DM0817 Hinoki Cutting Board
The Shun DM0817 Hinoki Cutting Board arrives from the popular Japanese knife manufacturer brand Shun, assuring you of its quality. It is crafted from Hinoki, a Japanese cypress that is well-known for its beauty, natural fragrance, and softness. The woods are medium-soft, which helps you to preserve the edge of the cutlery while cutting things efficiently. By utilizing the board, you can significantly reduce the need of sharpening the knife frequently.
The dimension of the board is 18 x 12 x 0.75 inches, which means it is pretty big to do almost all of your cutting works efficiently. Due to the choice of materials, the weight of the board is also adequate, around 0.05kg only. Besides, the board is stain-resistant and easy to care for with mild detergent. You will be glad to know that wood for the products is grown under the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification which assures you of sustainability.
- 18 x 12 x 0.75 inches board big enough to do almost all of your cutting works efficiently.
- Made of Hinoki, a Japanese cypress with beauty, natural fragrance, and softness.
- It is made stain-resistant to assure durability; easy to care for with mild detergent
- Woods are medium soft to preserve the edge of the cutlery while cutting efficiently.
- As some users, it molds easily even though described as stain resistant.
Yoshihiro Hi-soft High Performance Professional Grade Cutting Board
If you want something more premium and high-performing, you should go for the Yoshihiro Hi-soft Professional Grade Cutting Board. The large board is made of plastic for the Sashimi Chefs. Although made of plastic, it can help to keep your blades sharp and durable for long-term performance. The board can also help you to get the best performance from your Japanese knives.
The Yoshihiro is mainly designed for high-carbon steel knives. It is made of polyvinyl acetate in Japan and optimized to minimize the impacts on the edges of your blade. Along with that, it can also minimize the stress on your hand for a better performance while also ensuring an improvised lifespan. As per the manufacturer, it is also pretty easy to clean and resist odor. Overall, it can be a great option for you.
- 6 x 10.6 x 0.8 inches board large board is made of plastic for the Sashimi Chefs.
- Help to keep your blades sharp and durable for long-term performance.
- A perfect choice for your Japanese knives and other High carbon steel knives.
- Made of polyvinyl acetate in Japan and optimized to minimize the impacts on the blade.
- Optimized design to ensure ease of cleaning and resistance against odor.
- The board is a bit costly although made of plastic.
FAQs on Cutting Boards
While purchasing a cutting board, there are certain questions that may arrive to your mind. Below, we will answer some of such questions.
Can you use both sides of a cutting board?
Typically, you can use both sides of a cutting board. Some boards arrive with a drip groove on one side to work with foods with liquid while another side can be used for cutting dry food as well as a serving platter.
Is wood or plastic better for Japanese knives?
Wood is a better choice for Japanese knives as it can help to keep the sharp edges of the knives. Besides, the plastic cutting board will be better if you want to clean and sanitize with ease.
Do you cut on the smooth side of a cutting board?
Yes, you should cut on the smooth side of the cutting board for ease of cleaning. On the other hand, it will be harder to clean if you cut on the sides with grooves.
If you are thinking about purchasing a cutting board for the Japanese knives, we will recommend you to consider the above choices. They arrive with all the qualities that you will require to enjoy a smooth performance.