Table of Contents
How Long To Grill Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
How Long To Grill Boneless Chicken Tenderloins? Grilled Chicken Tenders serve as a culinary bridge between my inner child, who was a picky eater and ordered chicken fingers at every restaurant, and my outer adult, who is picky about her chicken fingers: the chicken must be moist and juicy, the flavor must be on point, and I’m probably in a hurry, so please don’t ask me to spend more than a few minutes cooking them.
Cooking chicken for 8-11 minutes at 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit, determined by the size and thickness of the chicken, or until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit is the recommended cooking time.
The Art Of Grilling Chicken Without Burning It
Grilling chicken without burning them requires watching the grill temperature, moving the chicken around to avoid hot spots, and turning the chicken often. The best grill temperature is between 375°F and 400°F. Rotate the chicken pieces evenly between the hot spots on the grill or avoid them altogether if you notice any spots that are hotter than others. To finish, turn the chicken frequently on the grill, or about every 2-3 minutes.
Why Kids and Adults Love Grilled Chicken Tenders
If you usually grill full chicken breasts or have finicky eaters in the house, try grilled chicken tenders today.
- Chicken tenders cook quickly. Whereas a chicken breast might take up to 12 minutes to grill, chicken tenders cook in around 6 minutes.
- Marinade time is reduced. Because the chicken is sliced smaller, the marinade can penetrate it faster. Prepare the tenders first, and they’ll be ready to cook by the time the grill is hot.
- Restaurant Laughter. I get a lot of joy from making a recipe that I would ordinarily only obtain at a restaurant at home. Homemade chicken tenders are no different.
- Kid-Approved. If you’ve ever glanced at a restaurant’s kids’ menu, you’ll notice that chicken tenders are widely accepted by children.
- Healthy. Unlike fast-food chicken tenders, homemade chicken tenders are lean and healthful. You may, for example, produce crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with almost little oil and fat that nevertheless taste deep-fried thanks to the air fryer!
The Trick To Keeping Grilled Chicken Moist
To keep the chicken moist when grilling, I borrowed a method from Thanksgiving turkey: BRINE the chicken before cooking it.
Brining involves immersing the chicken in a saltwater solution, which is commonly flavored with spices and herbs.
It imparts flavor to the chicken, much like a marinade, and it also uses science to keep the chicken wet while cooking.
When you soak the meat in salty water, the solution passes through it by osmosis (thank you grade-school science).
The brine taste and part of the water will be absorbed by the meat. You end up with a more juicy final product.
I recommend marinating the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but you can leave it in the fridge for up to 8 hours. After 8 hours, the meat may begin to break down excessively and have an unusual texture.
Grilling Time And Temperature For Chicken Tenders
To keep your chicken tenders moist, ensure sure your grill is at the proper temperature and that you don’t overcook them.
- For grilling chicken, I find that a grill temperature of 375 to 400 degrees F is ideal.
- You’ll need 6 to 8 minutes total for chicken tenders. Halfway through, flip the chicken tenders.
- When the juices flow clear when the chicken tenders are cut, they are done.
- Because the tenders are tiny, inserting an instant-read thermometer might be difficult, but if you can, the chicken should register 165 degrees F.
- Make sure your grill is completely hot before adding the chicken for nice grill marks. During cooking, try to disturb the chicken as little as possible.
Grilled Chicken Tenders Recipe To Grill Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
Use this recipe as a starting point and feel free to experiment with additional seasonings.
Our favorite seasoning is Italian. Try chile powder or cumin for a Mexican touch.
- Tenders of chicken. Juicy, quick to prepare, and ideal for healthful meals. Chicken has fewer calories than other meats and is a great source of lean protein. If you don’t have tenders, cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into 1 to 1 1/2-inch strip instead.
- Marinade with Salt Water (a.k.a. Brine). I used a mixture of soy sauce, water, a little spice (salt and pepper are adequate, and you can experiment around from there), and honey for the key salty marinade I stated above.
- Vinegar. Another method for tenderizing meat is to apply acid, which begins to break down the fibers. I chose apple cider vinegar, which has a subtle fruity flavor, for this simple marinade. Lime juice, lemon juice.
The Instructions To Grill Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Fill a dish or zip-top bag halfway with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken tenders for 3 to 4 minutes on each side at 375°F.
- Allow yourself a few minutes of relaxation before diving in!
More Recipes For Chicken Tenders
This dish is designed for the grill, although it is far from the only way to make them.
- On the stove, use a grill pan. Heat a grill pan, such as this one, over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Brush the pan with oil before grilling the chicken tenders according to package directions.
- Foreman, George It’s a simple choice if you have one of these useful gadgets. For around 5 minutes, preheat the grill (with the top closed). Cook the tenders in a single layer on the grill for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Make use of a Skillet. In a skillet set over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Place the chicken tenders in the skillet once the oil is heated. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Make use of the oven. Bake baked chicken tenders for 15 to 20 minutes on a baking sheet at 400 degrees F, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
In addition to Grilled Chicken Breast, I discovered the secret of grilling chicken tenders with golden, grill-marked outsides and moist, juicy insides.
They’re also really well-seasoned. While the flavor is moderate and kid-friendly, it pervades all the way to their cores. There will be no tasteless chicken for us!