Table of Contents
Learn about How to Cook a Steak on a Traeger Grill?
How to Cook a Steak on a Traeger Grill? Well, it is pretty easy if you do it the right way. A Traeger grill is a fantastic tool for anyone who likes to cook outside. It’s especially great because it can be used as an oven, smoker, and grill all in one.
If you’re new to cooking with a Traeger, this article should give you everything that you need to know about cooking up steak on your Traeger Grill.
How to Cook a Perfect Traeger Steak?
Here is how you can cook a perfect Traeger steak:
- First of all, you have to get a good sear because searing may give you aid in locking the natural flavors of flesh. This act also imbues the new flavors that may go best with your dish.
- For getting a better sear, you have to pre-warm your grill and set its temperature to smoke. Ensure that the lid of your wool pellet grill remains open while doing so. As 5 to 10 minutes pass, the fire starts, and smoke begins billowing.
- As your fire is established, close the grill lid and set the temperature to high. While preheating for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, open the lid and ensure that your grill’s temperature is higher than 350 degrees F. You can make sure by checking marks as searing and grill marks occur when the temperature goes up to 350 degrees F.
- When you reach the desired temperature, place your steak on the hot spot of the grill and close the lid for about 4 to 5 minutes. This is done so that the steak is cooked completely and properly.
- After 5 minutes, you have to flip the steak and continue the same process.
- Your wood pellet grill may have a cast iron that allows the even distribution of heat as well as heat retention. At the same time, it also provides you the facility of slow and even cooking with the help of deeper sear.
- Give some time, and let your steak cook to perfection so that it becomes juicy from the inside and tender from the outside.
- However, the internal temperature must be raised to somewhere between 125 to 135 degrees F. You have to do so to get a perfect tender, medium, and rare steak that has all the required flavors intact with the sear marks.
- After cooking, sit the steak to rest for 10 to 15 minutes and then serve with your favorite sauces.
Things to keep in Mind
Keep in mind that you do not have to sacrifice the authentic wood-fired taste only for the sake of grill marks on the steak. These are not necessary but you can enjoy them if you follow proper directions during cooking a steak or any other type of flesh.
You may find a lot of cast iron grill accessories available in the market and you can buy them for a better searing experience. Most people prefer the desired temperature that should be above 350 degrees F. And the reason behind this is that the high temperature allows the steak to caramelize and is guaranteed to improve the flavor of your meat.
Ensure that you check out some Traeger product assessment, when you are in the market for a wood pellet grill.
Some Amazing Traeger Tips for Grilling a Steak
Following are the tips you have to follow for the most delicious steaks of your life.
Tip 1: Meat Freshness
When you are cooking a steak, freshness must be your top priority. It is recommended to buy your steals early on the same day you have a plan to cook them.
Tip 2: Marbling
Go for the steaks that are well-marbled with fats. It will be very beneficial as these thin layers of fat will dissolve in the heat of the grill and moisten the flesh from the inside while it’s cooking.
Tip 3: Preparation
Before even grilling, allow your steaks for around 4 to 6 hours to come to room temperature. Starting cooking your steaks at a slightly high temperature allows you to cook even more properly.
Tip 4: Seasoning
You know how you season your meat matters a lot. You can season it with simple salt and black pepper or use a rub such as Traeger’s Beef Shake. However, the application is the main key. Apply generously and always do just a little more than you may think your steak needs. In addition, regardless of just sprinkling the seasoning on and then slapping and flipping the steaks on grills, pour the salt and pepper directly into your hand’s palm and then massage it into the meat.
Tip 5: Smoke
After you fire up your grill, leave it on smoke. Give your steaks at least 15 minutes (or 25 to 30 minutes are recommended) for taking on some delicious flavor. It is something that makes a Traeger steak entirely different from any other steak out there.
Tip 6: Preheat
As your steaks have smoked, remove them from the grill. Turn over the temperature up to high and let your grill preheat for a minimum of 10 to 15 minutes. You may have your grill running at the highest possible temperature. Now return your steaks to the heated grill and cook to your desired doneness.
Tip 7: Finishing Touch
For finishing touch, we recommend melting a pat of butter over the steak instantly after grilling. Without taking anything away from the steak, the melted butter enhances the flavor and taste of each bite of your steak.
That is all you have to remember for cooking a perfect steak. Follow these steps, and we are sure that your steaks will be appreciated by everyone who would eat them. If you want an extra layer of flavor then use Traeger Beef Shake seasoning as it goes great with any kind of meat. You can also use it for making a rub or marinade.
In this blog post, we have shared some tips and tricks on how to cook a steak on a Traeger Grill. We hope you found it helpful while following the instructions next time when cooking steaks.