Table of Contents
- How to Fry Frozen Breaded Okra in Air Fryer?
- Does Air Fryer Okra Taste Good?
- What do you need to Air Fry Breaded Okra?
- How To Cook Frozen Breaded Okra In The Air Fryer
- How to make an Air Fryer Okra all by Myself?
- Can you Reheat Okra In The Air Fryer?
- Tips to Make Fried Okra In The Air Fryer
- Bottom Line
How to Fry Frozen Breaded Okra in Air Fryer?
Do you want to keep your diet on track and still want to enjoy a tasty and healthy snack? If yes, then you should try out air-fried Okra. The ultimate crunchy treat, appetizer, or side dish to create in your air fryer is air-fried okras.
The Okra becomes crunchy with only a few spritzes of oil after being coated in an egg and bread crumbs mix and then air fried to crunchy deliciousness. Although the breading process might take a little time, you can get in ready to cook and breaded form.
Here in this guide, I will tell you how to air fry frozen bread okra.
Does Air Fryer Okra Taste Good?
If you plan to toss some okra in the air fryer for the first time, then the first question that comes to mind is whether it tastes good. Like eggplants, Okra can also absorb any seasoning and flavor due to its smarmy texture. While you place it on your tongue, you will love the crunchy and slimmer combination of the Okra. It can be served with rice as a side dish or as an appetizer.
What do you need to Air Fry Breaded Okra?
Frozen Fried Okra
You can find the frozen breaded Okra of your desired brand from the nearby grocery store or superstore.
The oil is only required for spraying the Okra so that they get the desired crispness and color. After that, you can use any oil.
How To Cook Frozen Breaded Okra In The Air Fryer
Below are some of the steps for air frying crispy and crunchy Okra.
Step 1: Thaw
When you get frozen Okra, you need to defrost them first. You can either leave them in the open air for few hours until they thoroughly defrost. Although, if you need to cook them, instantly defrost them in a microwave or soak a bag of frozen Okra in the warm water.
Step 2: Preheat
Step 3: Place the Okra
Now place the Okra in the air fryer basket so that they form a single sayer. Make sure no okra overlaps each other so that all of the cooks evenly.
Step 4: Cook
Cook the Okra for 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown. During the cooking, shake the air fryer basket a little, cooking evenly without getting burned. After they roast to perfection, remove them from the air fryer and enjoy with your favorite sauce.
How to make an Air Fryer Okra all by Myself?
Air frying okra from scratch is not a big deal. You only need to find Okra and then cut them into 1-inch thick slices. After that, you need to prepare the seasoning. Below are the ingredients required for making fresh Okra.
Things you Will need for Air Frying Fresh Okra.
- A cup of plain Okra (fresh or frozen 1-inch pieces)
- A beaten egg
- Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil spray
- Minced garlic 1 tbsp.
- Parsley(finely chopped) 2 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese (grated) 2 tbsp
- Salt according to taste
- Grounded black pepper half tsp
How To Air Fry Fresh Okra?
Step 1: Cut the Okra
Step 2: Prepare the Bowls
You can prepare three bowls wherein one bowl, and you can beat the egg. In the other bowl, put flour and all the ingredients along with bread crumbs in the third bowl. Mix the ingredients in the third bowl. It is better to use a smaller and deeper bowl for the egg since it can easily coat the Okra.
Step 3: Bread the Okra
First, dip the Okra into the flour, then in the egg, and coat it into the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that everything thoroughly covers the Okra. Bread all the Okra. You can dip it with the help of a fork.
Step 4: Pre Heat the Air Fryer
Step 5: Place the Okra and cook
You can place a single layer of Okra in the basket, spray a little bit of cooking oil, and then cook it for 8 to 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown. After cooking, remove them from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dippings.
Can you Reheat Okra In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can reheat the leftover okras in the air fryer. In other words, it is the best way to reuse the leftover okras from the fridge. You need to:
- Preheat the air fryer for 380 degrees for few minutes.
- Evenly place the Okra in the air fryer basket and heat it for 2-3 minutes or until it gets warm thoroughly.
- Now remove the Okra, and it will be as crunchy as the freshly air-fried Okra.
Tips to Make Fried Okra In The Air Fryer
- If you want to air fry quickly, the Okra dips the Okra with the help of a fork as it will be breaded faster.
- You can make more okras and then freeze them. This way, you can make frozen Okra ready to eat.
- You can cook extra okras and then reheat them afterward.
- Get a small bowl for whisking egg as it will quickly dip the Okra.
Frozen okras are a delicious snack that you can air fry. It let you enjoy the delightful treat without getting your diet disturbed. Moreover, it will require less than 15 minutes to cook the okras. You can get ready to cook okras or fresh it is up to you. Above, we discussed both ways to air fry okras and breaded okras.