Table of Contents
- Learn How to Cook Salmon Burgers on the Grill
- How to Cook Salmon Burgers on the Grill
- How you can Make Salmon Burgers
- What is the Best Salmon Burger Sauce?
- What are the different types of toppings you may use on Salmon Burgers?
- How do you get to know when your Salmon Burgers are done?
- Some Amazing Preparation and Storage Tips
- Final thoughts
Learn How to Cook Salmon Burgers on the Grill
Wondering about how to cook salmon burgers on the grill? Salmon burgers are an excellent way to still enjoy the flavors of summer without having to eat a burger full of red meat.
You might have had salmon patties before, but this is a different recipe. This is going to be a very simple recipe that does not include any bread crumbs, eggs, or other binders. Well, a healthy Salmon Burger can be a delicious twist on a burger night. The recipe of Salmon burgers gives you a restaurant-style and quality taste within 10 minutes of the hands-on preparation. You can also add sweet and creamy salmon burger sauce for an easy and flavorful family supper.
In this blog, we are going to discuss how you cook salmon burgers on a grill along with some manual recipes.
How to Cook Salmon Burgers on the Grill
You may know that you can prepare the Salmon burgers on the grill. Here is the given procedure for how to cook salmon burgers on the grill.
- Heat the grill to a medium flame that is about 400 degrees F.
- Before putting the patties of the burger onto the grill, oil the grill grates thoroughly.
- Then cook the salmon burgers for about 4 to 5 minutes from each side. Turn them in only once if it is possible. Work quickly but generously so your burgers do not fall apart.
Note that when you want 100 percent safety for the burgers against sticking or falling through the grill grates, you can lay a piece of aluminum foil down on your grill. Along with it, coat the foil with nonstick spray and then grill the burgers on the foil.
How you can Make Salmon Burgers
You might be aware of the fact that an overlooked companion flavor to the salmon is ginger. As ginger gives an excellent balance to almost any fish. Here we are going to share an easy recipe for Salmon burgers along with you.
Ingredients you may need
Salmon is the base of your burgers. The tiny and cut pieces of salmon may become more tender and flaky as they cook and create a crispy texture.
- Lemon juice
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice can brighten everything up and help the burgers in making their taste better.
- Greek Yogurt
It is one of the most important binding agents for your burgers. Not only is it great in taste but also a tangy way to hold the burgers together. Along with it, it also gives burgers an excessive dose of protein.
- Spices and Herbs
Herbs such as parsley, chives, cilantro, or their mixture will work amazingly for your burgers and also add a fresh touch to them. You may also add salt, black pepper, and ginger for adding some flavor.
- Cut the salmon into very small and fine pieces.
- Put all the above-mentioned ingredients in a medium bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Make four patties from that mixture and squeeze them until they hold together.
- Put them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or unless they are ready to cook.
- Till then you can easily prepare the sauce.
- Cook the patties with oil in a non-stick skillet or grill over medium-high flame for almost 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve them with your favorite sauces.
What is the Best Salmon Burger Sauce?
Most chefs recommend pairing the two tablespoons of Greek yogurt that bind with the salmon patty along with a perfect herby Greek yogurt sauce.
A little bit of diced herbs such as parsley, dill, or cilantro, and vinegar along with garlic powder while mixed can make an easy and perfect sauce for your salmon burgers that adds even more moisture to them.
Although tartar sauce is the one most cooks prefer for the fish burgers. However, using Greek yogurt regardless of mayonnaise can keep the recipe light and bright.
What are the different types of toppings you may use on Salmon Burgers?
Here are some of the delicious toppings for you that you can add to your burgers.
- Tomato: a thick slice of a juicy tomato can be one of your favorites for pairing with the burger sauce.
- Arugula: the peppery notes may stand up to the flavorful salmon burger patty.
- Grilled Pineapple: when you have to elevate your recipe to a tropical paradise, add some grilled pineapple. As a pineapple caramelizes on the grill and adds some sweetness to this burger that makes it more delicious.
- Some other delicious toppings are dill pickles, sliced red onion, mustard, mayonnaise, and lettuce.
How do you get to know when your Salmon Burgers are done?
Does not matter which method you are going to use for cooking the salmon burgers, the easiest and best way to find out whether your burgers are done or not is by using an instant-read thermometer.
Put the thermometer into the thickest part of the burger. When the burgers reach 245 degrees F, it seems it is done.
In case you do not have a thermometer, check that the burger is slightly crisp on the outside and that the meat inside it is pink and flaky. It must not look like that, you have to cook it for some more time.
Some Amazing Preparation and Storage Tips
Here are some of the amazing preparation and storage tips for you that you can follow while storing the salmon burgers.
- It is better to plan, although the hand-on time is not very long it is essential to allow the patties a lot of time to chill in the fridge. It will keep them from falling apart when you cook them.
- You may stir the salmon burger sauce in advance. And keep it covered in the fridge even a week before.
- How can you store them? Cooked salmon burgers can stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Wrapped tightly, the cooked burgers can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
So, these were the different and delicious types of salmon burgers that you may try at your home. You can also give a twist to this recipe by adding some other ingredients such as Greek yogurt and using it for preparing the perfect sauce that enhances the flavor of your burger even more. We hope that you got to know How to Cook Salmon Burgers on the Grill by now. So, enjoy the top-class recipe and grill those burgers at home.