Best Bread Knives Cooks Illustrated in 2023
Table of Contents
Top 3 Bread Knives
Usually, our morning starts with a cup of tea and a perfectly toasted bread slice. Everyone loves to have bread to create a new day.
The choice of bread varies from person to person. Some may like it in a toasted form, while others prefer to make a sandwich. People usually cut the edges to enjoy a neatly cut slice of bread for their sandwiches. For them, the choice of the proper knife is essential.
An accurately designed knife with a sharp blade is essential to be used as a bread knife. Some famous brands like Wüsthof, Global, and Victorinox have focused on manufacturing knives that can be efficiently utilized professionally and at home. Their blades are sharp with a superb grip on your palm.
Here is a guide to three best-designed bread knives:
|Top||Wüsthof Classic IKON Super Slicer, 10-Inch||Learn more|
|Global 10" Chef's Knife||Learn more|
|Victorinox Double Handled Cheese Knife with Blade Nylon Handles, 14"||Learn more|
Wüsthof Slicer, 10-Inch
Wüsthof Classic Ikon super slicer is a single strong high carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion. The knife extra-long blade with a scalloped edge for slicing bread without tearing or compressing it.
Ikon super slicer has precision edge technology which yields a blade 20% sharper as compared to other knives with twice the edge retention. Its half bolster allows the knife to sharpen the entire length of the blade and provides added balance.
The knife narrow and extra-long 10-inch blade is fantastic for cutting your bread. It’s hand-made in Germany; also, Wüsthof cutlery is awarded by the world’s top chefs for restaurant and home cooking.
The handle is made of smooth polypropylene, which is 5 1/4″ in size. The product dimension is 10 x 2 x 1 inch.
- It can be used by beginners and experts similarly.
- It is a multipurpose knife and can be used for cutting fish, vegetables, fruits, meat, bread, and so much more.
- The knife 10 inches one side blade angle gives more incredible sharpness.
- It is made in Germany with a lifetime warranty.
- It is made of stainless steel, best for professional chefs.
- The knife is difficult to sharpen at home.
- The knife requires maintenance and care (the blade cannot be soaked for long).
- Overall rating-5 out of 5 stars.
- PRECISION FORGED – Forged from a single block of High Carbon Stainless Steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models
- CARVING KNIFE – The CLASSIC IKON 10 Super Slicer is a long slender blade with a rounded tip. The blade is longer than many other knives so that it can slice across large roasts in one swift movement. The scalloped edge cuts though meat such as turkey without damaging it, bread without compressing it and tomatoes without squashing them
- DURABLE – WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen Knife set Comes with a limited Lifetime Warranty
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
Global 10″ Chef’s Knife
Global 10″ chef’s knife is flexible, softer but tougher-allowing it to cut through tough foods. It is designed for mincing meat and slicing bread. We can also say this a go-to knife as it will easily cut raw beef, chicken, soft vegetables, and fruits.
The blade of Global Chef’s knife is made of high-tech molybdenum/vanadium Cromova 18 stainless steel, making it durable and long-lasting. The stainless steel handle gives you comfort, a dimpled grip to cut the edges of bread without any slip. The excellent resistance to rust and staining comes from the high chromium content in it.
The most important feature of the knife is that it is paired with razor sharpness, supporting you to cut the bread without any damage effortlessly.
The knife weighs 0.4 kilograms with a product dimension of 18.6 x 3.8 x 1.2 inches. It carries a lifetime warranty.
- The Global chef’s knife is perfect for bread.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- The knife is paired with sharp edges.
- It is made of stainless steel.
- It has excellent rust resistance.
- The knife is very light in weight.
- It requires proper care.
- As the knife is 10 inches long, hence not easy for everyone to handle.
- A little more on the expensive end.
- Overall rating-4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Precisely balanced 10-inch chefs knife for chopping, mincing
- Blade made of high-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel
- Edge retains razor sharpness exceptionally well
- Stainless-steel handle molded for comfort, dimpled for safe grip
- Lifetime warranty against defects and break
Victorinox Double Handled cheese knife gives power and effectiveness to the palm of your hands. It is a perfectly designed knife for any size of bread slice.
The knife is equipped with Nylon handles which are slip-resistant even when your hands are wet. The 14-inch knife is a beautiful way to piece smaller wedges, cubes, or cut bread slices.
Victorinox is designed with two Nylon handles, so you will be able to put more force into your cut than a single handle knife; it allows you to cut even slices of bread. The Nylon handles are safe to be washed in a dishwasher.
This knife weighs 1.45 pounds with a product dimension of 5 x 2 x 2 inches.
- It is made of high carbon steel that is rust resistant, corrosion, and discoloration.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- It has two handles that give more force while cutting.
- The knife has Nylon handles that are dishwasher safe.
- It is too long (14 inches).
- As compared to other knives, it weighs more, making it challenging to handle
- Product Type: Kitchen Knife
- Item Package Dimensions: 65.786 L X 7.366 W X 2.54 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: Switzerland
- Item Package Weight: 1.45 Pou
How thick is the Global chef’s knife blade?
Ans: Global chef’s knife blade is 2 and 1/8 inches wide at its widest. It’s a hair less than or perhaps precisely 1/8″ thick.
Where is the Global chef’s knife made?
Ans: All Global Knives are made in Japan.
Does Victorinox Double Handled Cheese Knife come with a storage box?
Ans: No, it doesn’t have a storage box.
What is Better Stainless Steel or High Carbon?
Ans: Well, it depends on the user. If you are a professional chef, go for high carbon; otherwise, stainless steel is better for home use.
How long will Wüsthof Classic Ikon Super Slicer Knife work?
Ans: The knife will work for a long time as it is made of high-carbon steel.
What is the Exact length of Wüsthof’s Classic Ikon Super Slicer Knife?
Ans: It is 10 inches long.
The impeccable one for bread is Wüsthof Classic IKON Super Slicer from the knives mentioned above. The reason is that it is made of high-carbon steel, which is recommended for professional chefs. Not only this, it is made in Germany and gives you a lifetime warranty.
The knife blades are 20% sharper than any other so, it is easy to use for any size of bread. Furthermore, as bread is a delicate food and needs to be cut quickly and carefully for this Wüsthof Classic IKON Super Slicer, it is designed with 10 inches.