Best Medium Sized Gas Grills in 2023
Table of Contents
When shopping for a medium sized grill, you can easily get overwhelmed by the seemingly endless options in the market. The best grills should be able to meet your grilling needs in the size you want it in. Every year, grill manufacturers go out of their way to deliver high-end medium-sized grills that offer features meant to edge out the competition. For you, the consumer, this gives you many choices, increasing the chances of getting the best grill at an affordable price range.
To make your selections process easy, there are certain factors you need to consider when choosing the best medium sized gas grills. Here is everything you need to know about choosing the best grills for your needs.
|Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill, Black||Learn more|
|Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Black||Learn more|
How to choose the best medium size gas grills
Gas Grills types
The first thing you need to determine is the type of grill you want. This choice is based on the fuel type used by the grill you choose. A good medium size grill will deliver the desired grilling results regardless of the type of fuel used.
These types of medium sized grills are the most commonly used in most American households. They are loved for their ease of use and low cost of operation. Gas is a fuel that burns hot and fast, ensuring the grates are ready to grill in no time. Most gas grills come with advanced temperature control features to give you complete control of the process. They are ideal for grilling all types of foods.
Gas grilles can be connected to a direct natural gas line in your home or use portable propane gas cylinders. A full 20l gas tank can give you many hours of grilling before you have to refill.
While you can use your charcoal grill as a smoker, having a dedicated smoking chamber comes with its advantages. A smoker gives you the chance to sit and relax as your meat is cooked in a controlled environment. With a smoker, you can also smoke vegetables and cheese.
BTUs are the standard measurement for heat output in a grill. When choosing the best medium sized gas grills, you need to ensure you pick one with high heat output. This goes a long way in determining how well the grill performs when cooking your meat. Generally, the best medium sized gas grill should be able to deliver at least 100 BTUs per square inch. With this guideline, you can choose the best gag grill for your needs, be it a 90,000 BTUs grill or 40,000 BTUs grill.
While most people downplay the importance of heat control, high BTU ranges in a grill ensure there is even heat distribution, which ensures your food is evenly cooked.
The grill size and cooking surface
The best medium size grill should come with enough cooking space to allow multiple pieces of food to grill at the same time. A large cooking surface also gives you the versatility to create different cooking zones for different dishes, all on the same grill. To determine the right size and cooking surface:
- Check that the burners are large enough to cover the entire cooking surface. This allows even heating of the grill from one end to the other.
- Ensure each grill comes with a control knob. This allows you to use the grills based on your grilling needs at different times. This also allows you to create different cooking zones on the grill.
- The best medium size grill should have at least 3 main burners, a side burner, and a searing burner. This offers more cooking options and increases the overall size of the cooking space.
The material used to construct the gas grill is an important consideration to make. Check how the body of the grill is made and that the finishing is perfect. It should be sealed with high wending finishes, and most parts should be made from steel. The grates should be made from cast iron with a porcelain coating for longevity and non-stick features.
Cast aluminum is a rust-resistant material ideal for the construction of gas grills. Cast iron is also a highly durable material. It is susceptible to rust and should, therefore, be well coated. Stainless steel is a material used to make high-end gas grills. It is rust-resistant and does not discolor.
Apart from the grill cover, it is important to consider grills that come with other accessories. Some of the accessories commonly included in medium size gas grills include grill carts, grills baskets and pans, food prep tools, grill rotisseries, pizza stones, and smoking accessories.
Recommendations for the best medium size gas grills
Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill
- This product is a Natural Gas unit and you must have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have Natural Gas plumbed, please look at our selection of Propane barbecues
- Natural gas grill with 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee, 10 foot flexible hose included ,Left table down width - 42 inches
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 44.5H x 52W x 27D
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels. Built-in lid thermometer
This Natural Gas unit can be used if you have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck. This grill boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, and grease Management system. It also comes with porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates that make up the 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. The open cart design comes with six tool hooks and two large wheels. It also has a built-in lid thermometer.
Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Power Source: Propane/ liquid petroleum gas. The propane tank is not included.
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated grease pan is durable and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Stainless Steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking
- Porcelain coated cast-iron grates are rust-resistant and made to last
This is a Propane/ liquid petroleum gas-powered medium-size gas grill that comes in an exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability. It uses a reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and the 10, 000 BTU side burner. It comes in a Porcelain-coated grease pan for durability and is removable for easy cleaning. The stainless steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking over the porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, which are rust-resistant and made to last.
Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
This medium-size gas grill boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system. It uses porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates over the 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. The 30 000 BTU-per-hour input from the main burners ensures you enjoy even heat distribution for even cooking.
When you decide to dive into the world of grilling using gas grills, it is important to take the time to do your research before buying. With this guide, you will have an easier time choosing between the best medium size gas grills for the best one for your needs. To save on time, you can pick one of the three best recommendations in this article.