Table of Contents
- Complete guide on How to Slow Cook Ribs on a Gas Grill
- How to Slow Cook Ribs on the Gas Grill
- Some Important Tips to know when you are Cooking Ribs on a Gas Grill
- How long do you have to grill the ribs?
- How do you get to know when your ribs are done on the gas grill?
- Final thoughts
Complete guide on How to Slow Cook Ribs on a Gas Grill
Slow-cooked ribs on the gas grill are the best ribs around. You can easily make them for summer family summer and enjoy the amazing taste and flavor. Want to learn how to slow cook ribs on a gas grill? Well, we are going to share the recipe of slow-cooked ribs on the gas grill along with some exciting grilling tips and commonly asked questions.
How to Slow Cook Ribs on the Gas Grill
Here are the ingredients and the recipe for you to slow cook ribs on your gas grill for a perfect taste.
- Grill rub
- Half cup of apple juice
- Barbecue sauce (any sauce of your choice)
- 1 rack of ribs
- Rub your ribs thoroughly along with seasoning half an hour before you have to cook them.
- Wrap the ribs within the tinfoil.
- Now heat your grill to about 225 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the ribs on the upper rack not directly on the top flames of the grill. In case you do not have another rack then turn off the burner and then put the ribs on that side.
- Let the ribs cook for almost 2 hours in such a way that they bone side down on the grill at the same low temperature.
- Turn the ribs and add apple juice to the tinfoil. Close the tin foil up again and let them cook for more than half an hour.
- Next, uncover the riba and baste them with barbecue sauce. After that, cook them for 15 minutes.
- Baste the ribs again with sauce and move down to the direct flame for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Your ribs are ready, you can serve them with some extra or your favorite sauce.
Some Important Tips to know when you are Cooking Ribs on a Gas Grill
Here are some of the tips you have to keep in mind when you are cooking ribs on your gas grill.
Cooking grilled ribs may require indirect heat and you do not have to put the rib directly on the burners. Along with it, also place a drip pan under your ribs. Because this pan may go under the grids but should not rest on the burners.
Gas Grill Setup
It is one of the most important things you have to consider while cooking or grilling your spare ribs. You have to preheat the grill to almost 200 degrees F, oil the grill grates to clean them, and then place the ribs on the grill.
Meat or Flesh to Use
Whether you are grilling baby back ribs, T-bone steaks, spare ribs, or any other pork ribs make sure that it is deforested first before cooking it. Also do not forget to check the ends of the bones for loose pieces of bones or bone chips before cooking.
Some of the new gas grills may come with an in-built smoking box. However, you can also build a cast-iron smoking box in your old grill. In case you need something quick but temporary, you may also use an aluminum foil pack of wood chips for smoking the meat. Does not matter if it is apple, mesquite, or any other favorite wood that you may like.
Removal of the Membrane
All of the pork ribs generally have this removal membrane on the back of the ribs. And you have to remove this lining from the lung cavity. Whenever you remove it, it adds more flavor to your ribs.
Although it might not be your favorite part, the entire process is very easy and only takes a few minutes. You can remove it just with your fingers and a butter knife. Begin with generously working your way under and near the end of the rib. As you have got a good hold on it, it becomes very easy to start pulling at an angle until it comes off.
How long do you have to grill the ribs?
The time of ribs that is used in a grill may vary as it depends on the grill along with the types of ribs you are going to cook. So, there is no exact time for grilling the rack of ribs.
Meanwhile, if you are following the standard range of grill temperature, the estimated cooking time for medium-sized meat must be about 3 hours. For smaller-sized ribs, the estimated time to get it grilled could be almost 2 hours.
However, a thick slab of ribs may need a cooking time of almost 4 hours and you will need to add almost half an hour to an hour to the cooking time for a thicker slab along with a vertical rack.
How do you get to know when your ribs are done on the gas grill?
Checking the doneness of the ribs can be a big issue while cooking them. If the ribs stay too long in the grill, they will become overcooked. And when they stay too short, they would not be tender and may remain tough.
The three main things you have to search for to confirm the doneness of the meat is an instant-read thermometer of between 200 to 250 degrees F, checking the ends of rib bones start to stick out, and when your tongs crack some piece of the flesh when you hold them up about 1/ 3 of the way.
This is a simple and easy guide through which you can easily cook barbecue ribs at home. Along with it, there are many other ways to grill the ribs without any complications because of hot coals or gas grills. we hope that you learned how to slow cook ribs on a gas grill by now. So, enjoy this delicious recipe now.