Table of Contents
Learn how to Cook Chicken on a Gas Grill Without Burning
If you are here you must be looking for how to cook chicken on a gas grill without burning. So, keep reading.
Gas grills are one of the most popular ways to cook food. It is easy, convenient, and allows you to cook a large variety of dishes with just one appliance. However, if you are not careful, cooking on a gas grill can lead to disaster.
Chicken breasts or legs can be the most difficult meat you have to cook perfectly on your grill. But when you nail it, isn’t it delightful? You have to cook chicken with very care and attention as your little carelessness can burn it. You have to be very conscious about the flame, heat, and temperature that must be perfect for chicken.
In this blog, we are going to discuss a delicious recipe for grilled chicken breast. We will also discuss some of the tips along with you to cook it perfectly without burning.
Perfect Grilled Chicken Breast
Making grilled chicken breast is not as difficult a task as you are thinking. You just have to follow the below given some simple steps to make sure that you get a perfectly cooked chicken.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp sweet rub
Ingredients for Chicken Breast Marinade
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/ 3 cup of olive oil
- Parmesan cheese 2 oz
- Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Cut the chicken breasts. Also trim out any excess fat, connective tissue, rib flesh, loose pieces of chicken meat from the breasts.
- Now you have to marinate the chicken. For this, you have to combine all the ingredients of chicken breast marinade in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag and mix them well.
- After that, put the trimmed chicken into the marinade. If you see an air bubble inside of the bag press it outside and seal the bag tightly. Massage the marinade generously around the chicken breasts. And place them in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat your propane grill when you are ready to grill the breast pieces. It is recommended to preheat the grill up to 350 degrees F along with two-zone heat.
- Season your chicken breast. Remove them from the marinade and slightly shake off some excessive marinade. Season both sides of the breast thoroughly with Signature Sweet Rub or chicken seasoning.
- Grill them over the indirect flame. Put your seasoned chicken on the indirect side of the grill and close the lid.
- Cook them unless the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. You can check the temperature with the help of an instant-read thermometer. All this step generally takes about 25 to 30 minutes, but it may vary as it depends on the grill temperature and your meat thickness. This is the reason why a good thermometer is important.
- Now move the chicken breasts to the direct heat side of the grill. Seat it for 2 to 3 minutes a side unless you get some nice color on the chicken and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a plate and cover them instantly with a foil. Allow the chicken to rest and cover it for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You may serve it with different kinds of ketchup or your desired sauces.
How to Cook Chicken on a Gas Grill Without Burning
Now we will discuss some of the steps about how to cook chicken on a gas grill without burning.
- Never close the lid of the grill
- Cook chicken on medium-high heat that might be 425 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes a side or until the internal temperature reads 157 to 160 degrees.
- Flip the breasts frequently to even cook on both sides of the chicken. And pay full attention to the “hot spots” on the grill. You may see that some pieces of the flesh start to blacken, while it may look appealing as it will become dried out and crunchy obviously.
- Set one of your burners on a lower temperature so that you can easily transfer chicken that is cooking too fast and slow the burning so that the flesh does not dry out.
- Do not overcook the breasts. It is recommended to remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 157 to 160 degrees F. And then cover it with a foil so that the carryover cooking brings it up to the minimum temperature of 165 degrees F.
How long do you have to Grill Chicken Breast?
From start to end, it may take you about half an hour to grill the chicken breast. One thing you have to keep in mind is that you are cooking to the temperature, not to the time. You can use an instant-read meat thermometer to remove the chicken breast as the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F.
After removing it from the grill do not serve it instantly. It is better to tent it with aluminum foil for 5 to 10 minutes. This may help you in bringing the chicken up to a finished temperature of 165 degrees.
You can give a try to your own flavor combinations to get a grilled chicken breast that is certainly perfect.
Why do your chickens burn on the gas grill?
Your chicken gets burned on the gas grill. Well! The reason behind it is that you may have the temperature set too high. It is the steak that requires a higher flame to scorch and quickly cook on the grill.
On the other side, chicken may burn from the outside at the same temperature and not be fully cooked from the inside. It will cook more evenly and thoroughly at low or medium temperatures.
We hope that you got the idea of How to Cook Chicken on a Gas Grill Without Burning. So, now you can start practicing it with your family and friends. You may further explore the flavor of chicken by adding some sauces like barbecue sauce, ketchup, or soy sauce to enhance its taste.