Best Mini Fridge for Garage in 2023
Table of Contents
Top 3 Small Fridges for the Garage
No matter how many times you get to shop for the same products, venturing out in the market for a replacement is never an easy endeavor. The market is constantly changing, making it hard to choose the best product for your needs.
Garage refrigerators are no different. If you are in the market for the best mini fridge for garage use, the options in the market can get overwhelming. Reading product reviews only gives ideas of the best options in the market but can still make it challenging to choose the best ones by yourself.
We have tested several mini garage fridges to come up with the top three from the category. In this guide, you will find the top 3 best small refrigerators for your garage.
|Top||Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator AC 110V/ DC 12V True Freezer for Car, Home, Camping, RV -8°F to 50°F, One Size, Gray||Learn more|
|Top||FRIGIDAIRE FFTR1821TS 30 Inch Freestanding Top Freezer Refrigerator with 18 cu. ft. Total Capacity, in Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Top Top||BLACK+DECKER BCRK17B Compact Refrigerator Energy Star Single Door Mini Fridge with Freezer, 1.7 Cubic Feet, Black||Learn more|
Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator
If you are concerned that your fridge will take up too much space in your garage, the Whynter portable refrigerator is the best option for your space-saving needs. You can cool drinks and food from -8 degrees F and 50 F with this unit, making it ideal for use as a freezer or a regular fridge. This fridge comes with a fast freeze option for rapid cooling of foods to -8 degrees. This is perfect for frozen foods.
It is made with stainless steel handles that make moving this mini fridge easy. This way, you do not need a designated place for the fridge since you can store it away when you need to make more room in your apartment. The interior is made of two wire baskets that are removable for easier time organizing. It also has an insulated lid and walls and is easy to clean thanks to the drain plug feature.
The exterior of this mini fridge comes with coated tough steel available in gray and camo. This makes it perfect for a man cave, for use in a campsite, a morning tailgate, or a long hunting trip. The best part is that this fridge is a dual voltage appliance, featuring an 8ft AC power cord and a 10ft DC cord. This makes it easy for you to plug into a direct power source when around shore power.
The only downside is the 45qt capacity, which means you might need to find a grocery store more often. Also, the unit only comes with one compartment, meaning you cannot use it as a freezer and fridge at the same time. However, its compact size makes it perfect for small apartments.
- External dimensions: 23.5″ W x 16.5″L x 20.5″ H | Net weight: 45 lb
- 45 Quarts or 60 Cans (12FL oz) capacity; Adjustable temperature range: -8°F to 50°F; LED temperature display; “Fast Freeze” mode rapidly cools to -8°F
- 8-feet AC power cord and 10-feet DC power cord; Two removable wire baskets; Insulated lid and walls; ETL approved
- Power low indicator; Functions even when tilted 30°; Tough and solid outer powder coated steel housing; Drain Plug for easy cleaning; Stainless steel side handles
- Car, RV and home use; Operates as a refrigerator or freezer; work with 12/24V DC and 110V AC power; Voltage power AC (115V/ 60Hz – 65W/ 0.75A) or DC (12V/24V – 4.5A /2.5A Car Lighter Socket); unit can be plugged in with both AC power and the DC power at the same time. If both AC and DC are plugged in at the same time, then the unit will primarily operate on AC. If the AC power source fails, DC will become primary power supply source.
- Wattage: 65 Watts
- ETL approved; Refrigerant Type: R-134A
FRIGIDAIRE FFTR1821TS 30 Inch Freestanding Top Freezer Refrigerator
This is a free-standing refrigerator by Frigidaire comes with an above-average capacity of 18 cu. ft. that makes it possible to install it from the packaging to the garage with minimal stress and no requirement for adaptations. This is a highly recommended refrigerator for your garage made with a built that can fit in small spaces thanks to its 66inches in height, 30W x 32 D, and 205 pounds.
It comes with a top freezer that does not include an icemaker and measures 3.9 cubic feet in space that consists of a single evaporator unit. You can upgrade it to include an icemaker if this is a requirement for your garage refrigerator.
That is not all. This refrigerator features four adjustable pullout shelves split to create enough space for different container sizes, drinks and foods. There are also crisper bins at the bottom of the refrigerator and a meat/deli bean on the upper part that can keep your cold foods at 32degrees.
The lower side of this fridge can be reversed, and it comes with an interior space that has storage made up of 4-tray columns that have the depth to accommodate 2-litre bottles. You will also find a self-contained butter/margarine container that comes with a cover located above the storage space. You can also use the two long storage spaces on the freezer door to freeze your juices or other narrow frozen foods.
The best part is that this is an energy-efficient refrigerator with an annual consumption of $43, which is the average local utility range in local areas. There is nothing not to love about this refrigerator.
- Total (cu. Ft.): 18 / Fridge: 14.1 / Freezer: 3.9
- 2 Full-width Sliding Glass Shelves
- 2 Humidity Controlled Crisper Drawers
- Dimensions (WHD): 30 X 66.1 X 29.9 in.
BLACK+DECKER BCRK17B Compact Refrigerator
This is a compact & stylish, space-saving refrigerator measuring 17.5″ x 18.5″ x 19.7″. It stores food, soda, beer, and other beverages with a minimal energy consumption of 70 watts and does not take up too much space.
The sleek, modern design is available in black, stainless steel, and white, perfect for college dorm rooms, offices, garages, home bars, small apartments, and RV campers.
It comes with a removable glass shelf that expands the storage space and makes the fridge easy to clean. Additional door storage can fit two cans (like soda and beer) or small containers on the top shelf, and a liter or taller bottles and containers (like water, wine, and milk) on the bottom shelf.
Convenient features on this compact garage fridge include a reversible door, leveling legs, and adjustable temperature control that can go up to 33.8 degrees Fahrenheit at the lowest setting.
This makes this mini fridge even more practical. The small freezer measuring 8 inches wide x 2 inches tall fits ice packs, most frozen dinners, and the included ice tray.
- COMPACT & STYLISH - This space saving small refrigerator (17.5 x 18.5 x 19.7) stores food, soda, beer, and other beverages with minimal energy (70 watts) and without taking up too much space. The sleek, modern design - available in black, stainless steel, and white - is perfect for college dorm rooms, offices, garages, home bars, small apartments, and RV campers
- LARGE CAPACITY - The removable glass shelf expands the storage space and makes the fridge easy to clean. Additional door storage fits two cans (like soda and beer) or small containers on the top shelf, and liter or taller bottles and containers (like water, wine and milk) on the bottom shelf
- CONVENIENT FEATURES - A reversible door, leveling legs, and adjustable temperature control (33.8 degrees Fahrenheit at the lowest setting) make this mini fridge even more practical. The small freezer (8 inches wide x 2 inches tall) fits ice packs, most frozen dinners, and the included ice tray
- ULTRA QUIET - Low sound operation is perfect for places where you don’t want a noisy appliance – waiting rooms, TV and game rooms, and even baby rooms where you can store milk for easy feeding.Do not use harsh chemicals,abrasives, ammonia, chlorine bleach,concentrated detergents, solvents or metal scouring pads
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY - 1 year warranty for parts and labor, and 2 year warranty for compressor p
What to look for in the best mini fridge for garage
How much space do you have in your garage for a fridge? This is usually the first question you are asked when looking for a garage. Most garages come with limited space, limiting the number of appliances you can have there.
Storage space needs
Generally, the total storage space of a fridge is measured in cubic feet. Since it is difficult to visualize a size in your mind, it is best to ensure you check the storage in person. Ensure you invest in a fridge is slightly more storage space than you imagine you require. Leaving a few inches between your food containers ensures there is enough room for cool air to circulate in the unit.
This is an important factor to consider, especially if you move around a lot. The best mini fridge for garage should be easy to move and transport. Go for a refrigerator with castors/rollers to make moving easier. With rollers, pulling and moving a fridge is easy even when you need to clean under it.
Purchasing the best mini fridge for garage use is a major purchase. Whether you need a narrow fridge for a small garage or a larger option, always choose the best option for your needs. Choose the best fridge for garage use from the reviewed options to enjoy energy efficiency, convenience, and style.