Table of Contents
Can you cook sausages and bacon in an air fryer? Of course, you can easily cook both of them with the air fryer. Currently, the air fryer is a culinary appliance that is capable of cooking most conveniently.
Sausage and bacon are very common in the U.S. as breakfast or evening snacks. They are very easy to make and excellent to eat. But their high-fat content and calories can be an issue for you. That’s why we recommend using an air fryer instead of a typical oven. Because an air fryer can cook them nicely without any oil.
In this article, we will share with you the detailed process of cooking sausage and bacon. So keep reading this article to know the recipe steps for making sausage and bacon.
Can You Cook Sausages and Bacon in an Air Fryer?
When it comes to cooking sausage or bacon, people prefer air fryers. This is because they guarantee to cook efficiently in less time than microwave or stovetop. The most important thing is that cooking in an air fryer does not require any oil which allows the food to maintain healthy nutritional value.
Since already oil is used when making sausages and bacon, it is unhealthy to use the oil again when frying them. And oil is something that will increase the amount of fat and calories in your body. This can lead to a variety of diseases. So air fryers are a reliable way to avoid this kind of risk or issue.
How to Cook Sausages in an Air Fryer
If you are a health-conscious person, always look for healthy ways to cook sausage. For this reason, you should know the correct direction of cooking sausage in the air fryer. Interestingly, you don’t need any extra ingredients to cook the sausage, such as seasoning, oil, or anything else. Let’s see how to make air-fried sausage.
First, you need to collect sausages of any brand of your choice. Then piercing the sausages evenly with a knife. This will keep the sausages free from blowing up during cooking. If you want, you can poke some holes without cutting them.
Now place the air fryer in a flat and heat-free place in your kitchen area. Plug it into an electric outlet where there is no blockage and turn it on.
Take the basket out of your air fryer and arrange the sausages. Anyway, you can spray light cooking oil so that they do not stick to the basket. However, try to keep the amount of oil very low as we are healthily cooking this sausage.
Keep as many sausages as possible in a single layer. Never add the sausage in double or multiple layers. Because it can make your sausage cooking uneven or inconsistent.
All you have to do next is put the basket inside the air fryer and set the cooking time and temperature. The standard time for air frying sausage is 8 to 12 minutes. On the other hand, set the cooking temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, this period will vary from air fryer to air fryer. Because not all devices have the same capacity and features. Select the time according to the serving of your air fryer model. Also, you can apply a little trick while cooking and that is to check them frequently
Now let them cook. After the recommended time, remove the basket from the device and give a closer look. If you think the sausages are well cooked, turn off the air fryer. Then wait a while and serve them with the sauce or mayonnaise of your choice.
Note that sausages should not be rushed when unloading from the air fryer. This can lead to any kind of accident. Plus, flip in half midway to bring perfection to your favorite sausages with all angles.
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
Presently, bacon is a favorite snack of teenagers. This is a must-have snack for every occasion on game day, weekend, extended school day, or evening. An air fryer is always ready to fulfill your snack demand at any time.
If you are thinking of making bacon using an air fryer for the first time then this recipe is for you. There are currently some food manufacturers who provide good quality bacon. Here we are trying Turkish bacon. You can select any other if you want.
Bacon Cooking Process with the Air fryer
- First of all, decide how much bacon to make. Then determine the bacon slices accordingly. Now sprinkle regular seasoning on them to get a better taste.
- Then arrange the sliced bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure the bottom tray is well-positioned. Otherwise, the oil from the bacon will leak into the inside of the device and it will be difficult for you to clean it.
- Once the bacon is set in the air fryer basket, simply put it inside the air fryer. Now prepare your device. To do this, plug in a secure power source and start it.
- All you have to do now is pick the right temperature and duration. The average duration for bacon frying is 8 minutes and the temperature is 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flip them over at halftime. Although it is optional. Because bacon slices are very thin. Moreover some people like some juiciness in bacon. In that case, they do not need to flip. But don’t forget to turn the bacon slices over to get a crispy flavor.
- Once you get close to cooking time, you should check the food. Some air fryers can make them faster while some others may require a bit of extra time, which we said in the previous recipe.
- Now just arrange the bacon on a plate and enjoy them with your favorite sauce or dipping.
That’s it, this is the complete process of the bacon recipe.
Air-fried sausages and bacon can be a quick and occasional treat for your family. Trust me, they are super easy to make and less messy. So if you want to enjoy sausage or bacon in a healthy way, follow the air fryer method. Let us know how they come out.