Table of Contents
Guide on How to Cook Frog Legs on the Grill?
Wondering about how to cook frog legs on the grill? Follow our simple instructions below to learn how to make frog legs on the grill.
If you’re looking for a tasty and easy meal to prepare on your grill this summer, then we have the perfect recipe for you! Frog Legs are often overlooked as a food source because they can be difficult to cook properly. However, these legs provide much more meat than chicken or turkey and taste great when grilled with just salt and pepper.
How to Cook Frog Legs on the Grill?
Frogs’ legs are usually a sweet mixture of texture and flavor between fish and chicken. Everyone loves to enjoy them with family having fun in the sunshine. They cooked in no time and it is better to keep the ingredients of the frog legs as simple as you can. You may use white wine, olive oil, fresh parsley-like simple and easy ingredients.
Here are a few of the recipes to cook frog legs.
Grilled Frog Legs
Here is the complete recipe for you for grilled frog legs.
- 8 medium-size frog legs
- 1/ 4 cup white wine
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper: 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp fresh cayenne pepper flakes
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- For cooking grilled frog legs, you can use a portative noma grill. You have to light it up with hot charcoal and maple kindling wood.
- Mix all the above-mentioned baste ingredients in a small bowl.
- Now put the frog legs on the grates of the grill and brush their upper side with the prepared basting mixture.
- Grill them for about 4 minutes.
- Next, turn over the legs and brush the other side with the same mixture.
- Then grill for another 4 minutes or unless the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove them from the grills and allow the legs to sit for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Seve the grilled legs with some extra baste mixture and different sauces.
Grilled Frog Legs with Creole Dipping Sauce
Following is the recipe for grilled frog legs with Creole Dipping Sauce
- 2-pound frog legs
Ingredients for Marination
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Garlic and onion powder: 1 tbsp
- Cayenne pepper: 1 tbsp
- 1 cup cornstarch
Ingredients for Creole Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Half cup yellow diced onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp garlic (minced)
- Half cup coarse-grained mustard
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf chopped parsley
- Take a medium bowl and mix all of the marinade ingredients in it.
- Put the frog legs in a large zip-locked bag. And pour the marinated mixture into it. After that marinate it for about 12 to 14 hours in the fridge.
- Now it’s your turn to make the creole dipping sauce. Take a medium saucepan and put it over medium-high flame. Heat the olive oil and butter in it.
- Then add the onion, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. Saute it for about 5 minutes or unless your onions get translucent.
- Now add the cream and bring your mixture to a simmer. Continue cooking it on low flame while stirring occasionally for 10 minutes unless the cream reduces by half.
- Add mustard with continuously stirring unless it gets fully incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep it warm, unless your frog legs are ready to serve.
- When your legs are ready to cook, set the temperature of your grill to high and preheat it for about 15 minutes. Remove the legs from the marinade and put them on the grill.
- Grill for about 4 minutes, gradually turn the legs over, continue to cook unless the internal temperature of your legs reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove them from the grates of the grill and serve with your prepared Creole Dipping Sauce.
Note that cooking times may vary as it depends on the set and ambient temperatures.
Best Frog Legs
Here is another recipe for frog legs for you. Must give it a try.
- 4 lbs frog legs
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cup olive oil
- 4 large lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1/ 4 cup cilantro
- Remove the legs from the frig and wash them thoroughly.
- Separate the legs into individual ones if you want them separate and then put them in a large air-sealed freezer bag.
- Pour some olive oil, lemon juices, and wine into that bag.
- Then chop the parsley, garlic, and cilantro, and add them to the bag.
- At the end also add the paprika, pepper, and salt to the bag and zip it up.
- Put it in the fridge and marinate overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you are ready to grill them, take them out of the fridge. And let them sit at normal temperature for about one hour.
- Now get the fire started or ignited in the BBQ grill. If you are using a charcoal grill, light the charcoal and let them get extra hot.
- When the coals get super hot, grill the frog legs for about 1 to 1.5 minutes on both sides.
- Never keep them flipping over and over again. Let them get a bit charred before you turn them. It will surely enhance their taste and flavor.
- When it seems they are done, remove them from the grill and put them in a covered dish.
- Now serve instantly. You can serve them with lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce.
How can you cook an alive Frog?
A boiling frog can be a fable describing a frog that is being slowly boiled alive. So if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it may jump out. But when you put the frog in lukewarm water that is then brought to a boil gradually, it will not recognize the danger and will be cooked till death.
we hope that you enjoyed this article and that you now know how to cook frog legs on a grill. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.