How to Cook Chicken Breasts on George Foreman Grill
Table of Contents
Do you Want to Know Quick and Easy George Foreman Grill Chicken Recipe?
Grilling chicken breast on George Foreman Grill is straightforward; you can cook it within minutes with minimal preparation. Chicken breast is very healthy, affordable, and versatile as also there are many different ways to cook it. And once you put it on the George Foreman Grill, you can make restaurant-quality grilled chicken breasts with very little expertise.
George Foreman grill chicken breasts is a healthy lean protein that you can have several times a week. Some people are intimidated by the thought of cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts. What if I overcook them and up with a dry, tasteless meal?
A George Foreman grill (or any indoor contact grill for that matter) and an instant-read digital meat thermometer take the guesswork out of cooking the perfectly juicy and succulent chicken breast.
Nutrition of Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
Chicken breast is a healthy meal for people who eat animal protein and prefer it lean. Here are some of the values for a 3.5 ounce cooked portion of chicken breast.
- Calories: 165
- Protein: 31 grams
- Total fat: 3.6 grams
- Saturated fat: 1 gram
- Cholesterol: 85 milligrams
A boneless, skinless chicken breast is a good source of specific minerals and vitamins. Even a single serving can give fulfill your daily needs for iron, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-12, and selenium. It is also a good source of zinc
How to Cook Chicken Breasts on George Foreman Grill
These grilled chicken breasts are easy to cook yet delicious, healthy, and affordable.
- Course Main Course
- Cuisine American
- Keyword boneless chicken, easy chicken
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 6 minutes
- Total Time 16 minutes
- Servings 2
- Calories 81 kcal
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1/2″ – 3/4″ thick)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Step 1-Preheat your George Foreman Grill for at least 5-7 minutes on high with the lid closed.
Step 2-Lightly brush chicken breasts with olive oil.
Step 3-Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4-Place on grill and grill for 6 minutes (with an optimal internal temperature of 165F/74C).
Step 5-Make sure to turn the chicken breasts halfway around the 3-minute mark, so they get excellent grill marks on both sides.
- Use salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are doubling the recipe, store the cooked chicken breasts in an oven-safe dish and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
Tips for Quick and Easy George Foreman Grill Chicken Breasts
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast on the George Foreman Grill
Chicken breasts cook so quickly on a George Foreman grill that it might just make your head spin. The chicken breasts can be cooked only in 3-6 minutes on your George Foreman Grill.
Your chicken breasts are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. As always, allow your chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before serving. This rest time is essential to allow the chicken breast to finish cooking and the juices to redistribute evenly.
How to Ensure George Foreman Grill Chicken Breasts Cook Evenly
A few tips are mentioned below to make sure you enjoy evenly cooked chicken breasts.
- First and foremost, it is important to preheat the George Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes with a closed lid before cooking your boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It is important to use a meat mallet to pound your boneless skinless chicken breasts to an even thickness of ½ inch. Pounding your chicken breast not only helps to tenderize the protein for a perfect juicy chicken breast, but an even thickness also provides more surface contact with the grill plate.
- Make sure chicken breasts should have more contact with the grill surface as they will be cooked evenly. The more evenly your chicken breasts cook on the George Foreman grill, the fewer risk portions of your boneless skinless chicken breasts will overcook and dry out while waiting for the thicker parts to cook through.
- If you don’t have a meat mallet, then use a rolling pin. Just put your chicken breasts in a gallon-size freezer bag.
- Always make sure to thoroughly wash your hands and sanitize any surfaces your raw meat may have come in contact with.
Can We Modify the Seasoning on This Recipe?
Yes, we can modify the seasoning. You can add a sprinkle of garlic powder. In case you are sodium conscious, then omit the salt and use any of your favorite salt-free seasoning blends.
You can even marinate chicken breast before cooking them. After pounding it, simply add your marinade and let it sit for 2-4 hours. If you marinate it for more time, then it will begin to break down the proteins in the chicken and negatively affect the texture. Nobody wants that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How do you cook chicken on a George Foreman grill?
Ans: Start with tossing chicken breast using olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Preheat the George Foreman Grill for about 5 minutes with a closed lid. Place chicken on grill; cook for 6 to 8 per side minutes or until cooked through
Q2: Do you need to flip chicken on a George Foreman?
Ans: The George Foreman Grill cooks food from the top to the bottom by pressing heated plates right against it. So there is no need to flip your chicken. Once you have cooked for the recommended time or your food reaches the recommended temperature, you are done.
Q3: How do I know when my chicken is done?
Ans: Cook your food at 158 Fahrenheit that is 70 degrees Celsius according to the World Health Organization (WHO). On the other hand, USDA advises that poultry should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F (73.8 C)
To Wrap it Up
Chicken is one of the most favorite dishes of many people. It is also easier and quicker to cook. Chicken breast is full of protein. It fulfills your daily protein needs. When you grill it on George Foreman Grill, it becomes tastier. It is also a perfect meal for diet-conscious people. As you use less amount of oil for grilling.