Table of Contents
- So, How Long to Cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
- How to Cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
- Cooking Tips for Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
Did you try turkey bacon prepared in the air fryer? If not, you should definitely try this delicious and tasty treat. If you are someone who can’t eat pork, the turkey bacon will be an excellent alternative. It has less fat and fewer calories when compared to the port. Besides, as you will not require utilizing any oils, the turkey bacon will be healthier. Keep reading to know how long to cook turkey bacon in air fryer.
If you are thinking about preparing turkey bacon, we will recommend you to keep reading the article. Below, we will let you know how long it takes to prepare the turkey bacon. Besides, we will also describe the procedure of preparing turkey bacon. You will find adequate information about turkey bacon below.
So, How Long to Cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
Preparing turkey bacon in the air fryer is extremely fast when compared with the other methods. It takes only around 5 minutes to prepare the air fryer. That is a lot less when compared to the other methods. Preparing this bacon in the oven takes around 15 minutes. That means your food will become ready within three times faster in the air fryer.
Note that the time may vary for few minutes depending on the capability of your machine. Besides, you will require adjusting the period to get the preferred cook and crispiness.
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
Preparing the turkey bacon is also extremely easy and effortless. All you need to do is to simply put the ingredients in the machine. They will be done within a few minutes without requiring your attention. Here are some reasons why you should try this recipe:
- Extremely easy and don’t require much of your attention.
- Superfast, take less than 10 minutes to complete the entire cooking.
- Don’t leave messy stovetop grease, require almost no cleanup.
- Assure even cooking for a smooth taste and the best texture.
- Great for a fast breakfast in a busy morning, snack, or salad or sandwiches.
Aren’t these reasons enough for cooking the turkey bacon in the air fryer? If you think so, keep reading to know the recipe. Below, we will discuss the step-by-step procedure of cooking the turkey bacon in the air fryer.
Step 1: Choose the Right Turkey Bacon
There are different types of turkey bacon available out there. You need to pick the right one to get the best result. While purchasing, you will find some are labeled as cured while some other will be uncured. It will be better to go for the one that is uncured. It means this one is not cured with sodium nitrate and it is healthier.
Step 2: Preheat the Machine
Now turn on your air fryer after connecting it to the electricity. Then utilize the temperature knob to change it to 360-degree F. Note that preheating is not mandatory but you can get crunchy and well-cooked turkey bacon simply by preheating the machine for a while.
Step 3: Add the Turkey Bacon in the Fryer Basket
The next thing you need to do is to organize the turkey bacon in the air fryer basket. Simply take out the basket and put the turkey bacon in a single layer. Note that you shouldn’t add multiple layers of the ingredient. This will cause uneven cooking and some parts will be overcooked and some others will be under-cooked.
Step 4: Put them in the Machine and Cook
Now put back the basket in the air fryer. Allow them to cook for the mentioned time. After cooking the bacon for five minutes, bring out the basket carefully and flip the ingredient. Do this step carefully as you can end up burning your hands. Then put them back and cook for four to five more minutes. The food should be ready in the meantime.
Note that the time may vary depending on your machine as we said earlier. So, you should give attention to the fryer in the last few minutes. Keep cooking if they are not done yet. If you think it is not cooked yet, you can continue cooking for a few more minutes.
Step 5: Repeat if Required
If you are preparing larger serves, you will require cooking them in smaller batches. After the first batch is complete, you will require repeating all the steps except preheating. Things you will need to do include adding the bacon, and cooking them, and flipping them. Note that the next batches will require less time for cooking as the air fryer will be heated adequately.
That’s it your cooking of turkey bacon is completed. Make sure to remember the time the machine took to prepare the food so that you don’t require much attention the next time.
Cooking Tips for Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
Here are some tips that may help you to get the best cook while preparing the turkey bacon in the air fryer.
- As we discussed earlier, it is not recommended to prepare a lot of food at once in the air fryer. Make sure that there is enough air circulation as the air is doing the cooking work in the machine.
- If you still want to cook a large quantity at once, you can consider utilizing a cooking rack for the air fryer. They can help you to stack the food inside the machine without blocking the air circulation. They are available separately while some machines include them.
- If you find the bacon blowing inside the machine, you can consider adding a trivet. This will prevent the bacon from blowing around without impacting the air circulation.
- Be aware while cooking as you can easily end up with overcooked bacon. You can take them out as soon as they firm up and get crispiness around the edges.
Turkey bacon can be a better alternative to your pork bacon. Now you can prefer them easily within a small period of time. We will recommend you utilize the above guidance to get the best result.