Table of Contents
How long do you Cook a Frozen Pot Pie in an Air Fryer?
Can you cook a frozen pot pie in an air fryer? Absolutely! This recipe works for fried chicken chops and can also be attended to turkey pot pie and beef. You can make any of your favorite pot pies with an air fryer, including the Marie Callender and Banquet brand. You will love how accessible this weekly nutriment is when you use this one ingredient recipe! A single Air Fryer Frozen Pot Pie contains 720 calories, 63 grams of carb, and 27 grams of protein. This is for a total of 13.5 ounces (383g) of Whole Foods White Meat Chicken Pot Pie. Of course, the exact details of a healthy diet of your pot pie will depend on the type of product and the taste you use, as well as the size of your portion.
Why prepare a pot pie in an air fryer? Here are some of my reasons:
- It doesn’t heat the house: When it’s hot outside, I know I don’t want to open the oven to serve the pot. This is because the air fryer does not heat the kitchen as much as it does in the oven.
- A light mid-week dinner: Pot pies are a great way to eat a busy weekend night out. Add a veggie side dish or two and get yourself a complete meal.
- Crisp Crust: You can cook pot pies quickly in the microwave, but the crust will not grow. Air fryer pies in a pot with a crispy crust with no firm texture.
- Fun: Pot pies are a family-friendly food impression for many kids. This will take adults on a memorable journey.
I use a 10-Quart Digital Air Fryer Oven for my air frying recipes. Suppose you use Ninja Foodi, Cosori, Philips, Pampered Air Fryer, Actifry, Nuwave, Instant Vortex, Cuisinart, Power Air Fryer, or another air fryer. In that case, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Your air fryer needs to be large enough to fit the pie inside (small air baskets that can fit the pies of large pots).
In addition to the air fryer, you will also need foil and a meat thermometer. We want to make sure our pipe is cooked correctly. A great way to test is with a meat thermometer.
If the pie you are using is not in a safe pie can in the oven, you will need to place it in a small metal baking pan the size of your air fryer. Most pot pies come in discarded aluminum cans that are air-safe. Plastic containers should not be refrigerated.
To How to Do It
- Preheat the air fryer for 375F (190C) for 5 minutes. Remove any plastic wrap and plastic wrap from your pot pie.
- You can put it in its aluminum pie pan. I cook the pot pie with only the top cover in the aluminum pan. Remember that your pot pie can be cooked differently if there is a crust on the bottom and if it is on a paper pie plate.
- There is no need to cut holes to remove the crust of the pot pie. Just place it in your hot air tray or basket, and cover the top with foil.
- I like to entirely wrap the top of the pot pie with foil, not just the edges of the crust. In my very humble opinion, the finished cooked pie looks excellent when the whole pie is wrapped and more in browning.
- Put the pie in a pot in the air fryer to fry. If you have an air-fried oven, place the middle pie in the oven.
Cooking Time and Temperature
- How long does it take to cook in a frozen pot in an air pan? When to cook a pot in an air fryer? Frozen air fry chicken in a pot for 49-50 minutes in a preheated air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190C).
- You will fry the pie in a pot, covered with foil, in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. Then remove the crust, move the pie to the pot at the top of the air oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes. This will help you to get a tasty and brown crust.
- Remember, I cooked frozen pot pie (13.5 ounces / 383 grams). Check small pot pies after 25 minutes, adding extra time if needed.
- To make sure your pie is cooked correctly, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Chicken pot pies should be cooked in a secure 165F (74C) inner filling area. (Actually, I cook all the frozen pot pies in this heat.)
Can you Reheat the Chicken Pot in an Air Fryer?
You can remove the remaining pot pie as soon as it is cooked. Preheat the air fryer in 375F (190C) and air fry the pie for 5-10 minutes.
What is the Best-Frozen Pot Pie?
The centerpiece of a frozen one depends on what you want! For an easy option, look for small pot pies with a crust at the top only (no crust at the bottom). Blake’s Frozen Pot Pie has no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives and is compliant with this process.
Do you have to melt a Frozen Pot Pie before Frying?
No, do not reheat the pot pie before frying in the air fryer. Instead, you can put frozen pot pie in the air fryer, just as you bake frozen pot pie in the oven.
Large frozen pot pie products do not offer keto, vegan, low carb, or gluten-free options. That means you will be leaving frozen pot pies if you follow one of these particular foods. Many find success in keto diets because they need to stop consuming too many processed foods. However, as delicious as it is, foods like pot pies contain low protein and low-calorie vegetables in terms of their total calories. Therefore, you may need to eat more calories in pot pies to feel fuller than opting for a low-protein diet with vegetables.