Table of Contents
- How Long to Cook a Tri Tip in a Air Fryer?
- What is Tri-Tip?
- What is an Air Fryer?
- Why should we Buy an Air Fryer?
- What is the Temperature for Cooking Tri-Tip?
- How to Cook Tri-Tip in an Air Fryer:
- Cooking tips:
- How to Serve Tri-Tip?
- Bottom line:
How Long to Cook a Tri Tip in a Air Fryer?
You can make your favorite food with the minimum use of oil and less mess—no need to fill the fryer with a packet of oil to get your food cook. Instead, add a tablespoon; that’s it!
It needs only 10 minutes to cook tri-tip in an air fryer. Then, you can cook it at your desired temperature. After that, it is up to you either you want medium rare, medium, or medium-well tri-tip.
What is Tri-Tip?
Tri-tip is a meat cut in a triangular shape from the sirloin’s bottom, also known as a triangle steak. It is incredible in flavor and less in price as compared to similar cuts of steak.
What is an Air Fryer?
You can call it an appliance of a new generation. It is simple and easy to use. Furthermore, you can save 75% of oil as an air fryer doesn’t need oil for cooking, making it perfect for health-conscious people or those on a diet.
If you are a deep-fried food lover, then you must try an air fryer. With an air fryer, you can cook any deep-fried food with a tablespoon of oil along with no compromise on taste.
Why should we Buy an Air Fryer?
Air fryers are going to stay in the market for a long time. So, if you didn’t buy one, then get it. This great, handy kitchen appliance is all range for excellent reasons.
We should buy an air fryer because it is a simple hand-off cooking appliance. Also, it is lightning fast and cleaning up is like a breeze.
Cooking in an air fryer is super fun. The air circulation makes sure that there should be no significant hot spots and every food cooks evenly.
Air fryers are best for busy people who want to enjoy delicious homemade meals in an instant.
What is the Temperature for Cooking Tri-Tip?
The concept of carry-over cooking is essential when cooking steak of any kind. This means that the beef will rise roughly 10 degrees after cooking or while it is resting.
You can follow the below-given temperature chart. However, keep in mind that steak should be removed from the air fryer when it is 10 degrees cooler than your desired doneness.
- Medium-Well:140°F and above
Tri-trip is not a fatty meal, so it is best to cook it at a medium or medium-rare temperature range.
- Preparation time-10 minutes
- Cooking time-10 minutes
- Total time-20 minutes
- Low- sodium soy sauce (1/3 cup)
- Worcestershire sauce (2 Tablespoons)
- Dijon mustard (1 Tablespoon)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Honey (3 Tablespoons)
- Garlic powder (2 teaspoons)
- Black pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Tri-tip, fat trimmed (1 equals to 2- to 3-pounds)
- For marination
Step 1-Make a Mixture
- Take a large sealable plastic bag. Wisk together the Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce, olive oil, garlic, honey, pepper, and Dijon mustard.
Step 2-Add all in a Sealable Bag
- Pour the mixture into the sealable plastic bag. Now, add the tri-tip into the bag. Squeeze it to out any air and then seal the bag.
- Move the tri-tip into the bag sot it is well-coated with a mixture of sauces before refrigerating it.
Step 3-Refrigerate it
- Put the bag in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour and a maximum of one night. Then, before cooking the marinated tri-tip, let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
How to Cook Tri-Tip in an Air Fryer:
Step 1-Preheat the Air Fryer:
First, preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheating is done to ensure that food cook at an even temperature from the start.
Step 2-Put Tri-Tip in an Air Fryer:
Put the tri-tip in the air fryer basket. Don’t pour the mixture. Let it cook for 8 minutes. When the internal temperature is 130 degrees Fahrenheit, take it out. (Setting temperature is according to your choice as mentioned below as well)
Step 3-Let the Tri-Tip rest:
Once the tri-tip is cooked, take it out and put it on a cutting board. Tent it with foil and let it rest for thirty minutes before you slice and serve it.
- Allow the tri-tip to rest after cooking as it will help to prevent it from drying.
- Watch it while it cooks, as the air fryer will heat just slightly differently.
- You can change seasoning into the rub to change the flavor.
- To check the internal temperature while cooking meat, use a meat thermometer.
How to Serve Tri-Tip?
The tri-tip can go with anything. If you are on a diet and taking it as a part of a keto or low-carb diet, then eat it with simple kale salad. Another option is to add some mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, or French fries.
- You can also serve it with the
- Santa Maria Sauce
- Butter and Garlic Sauce.
Tri-tip is healthy food if you cook it in an air fryer. It doesn’t take much time to cook. Just 10 minutes and enjoy a healthy meal.
Also, air fryers are easy to cook food. They create less mess as compared to deep-frying. Furthermore, food cook in an air fryer is healthier as it doesn’t need much oil to cook.