Table of Contents
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Egg Rolls In An Air Fryer So It Taste Wonderful?
How long do you cook frozen egg rolls in an air fryer? A question that we will look into of course, but we will also look into other aspects of a frozen egg roll. There is one thing that I can tell you, after using an air fryer to cook your frozen egg rolls, you will never go back to your previous method. Not only is it tasty but cooking with an air fryer is pretty easy.
Why Are Frozen Egg Rolls So Easy To Make?
When you use an air fryer to cook frozen egg rolls, you are sure that they will always come out crispy with little to no effort. No more waiting around to preheat your oven or wasting valuable time on your egg rolls to thaw out.
What Do You Need Before You Can Cook Frozen Egg Rolls?
An Air Fryer can cook egg rolls, no matter what ingredients is in the egg rolls or what brand it is. The air fryer is also able to cook as many egg rolls as you want. However, the drawback of cooking a lot of egg rolls is the fact that you will need to cook them in batches.
You can use almost any oil on the egg rolls. You can choose to use natural oils like avocado, coconut, olive, and vegetable, or an oil that wasn’t part of the list. It doesn’t matter what oil you use but it does matter what type of oil is needed and what you need is a bottle of oil spray. If you be innovative, you can try putting your liquid oil into a spray bottle or brushing on your oil with a pastry brush.
We will have additional information in the Think Like A Chef section.
Think Like A Chef
- If you are the type of person that loves to eat their egg rolls extra crispy, add an extra spray of oil on your egg rolls and flip them over to achieve your crispiness.
- Each egg rolls can in fact be different in size. There are various reasons why the size is different, it could be the type of egg rolls or some brands are smaller than others. It is your responsibility to find out what will work best for your egg roll product. To ensure that the egg rolls don’t come out burnt or unsatisfactory, you will need to do some experimenting with the cooking time and temperature to see what works.
- Earlier, it was said that you can use any oil and it is true to a point, but research has proven that you cannot use any product that has aerosol in it. Spray oils like Pam can’t be used in the air fryer basket, because there are some harsh chemicals in the spray oil that can damage the coat in the basket.
- In the previous section, we were discussing one of the drawbacks of cooking large batches of egg rolls in your air fryer. When placing the frozen egg rolls in the basket don’t stack them on top of each other and don’t let the egg rolls touch each other. The reason why we want space between them is so that air can circulate around them and the egg rolls can cook evenly!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Egg Rolls In An Air Fryer
Here are few recipes that you try for yourself.
Air Fryer Egg Rolls
These Crispy Egg Rolls made in your air fryer are perfect for all Egg Roll lovers! These egg rolls are crunchy and crispy on the outside while being tender from the filling inside. What’s even better is that they can be made without a ton of oil for frying, and you don’t need to worry about them drying out as they generally do in the oven. These are what you have been waiting for!
SERVES: 12 Egg Rolls
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
TOTAL TIME: 32 mins
CALORIES: 97 kcal
- vegetable oil (2 Tablespoons)
- garlic (1/2 Teaspoon, minced)
- ginger (1/2 Teaspoon, minced)
- celery (1/2 cup, chopped finely)
- coleslaw mix (2 cups)
- chicken (1/2 lb., ground)
- oyster sauce (3 Tablespoons)
- soy sauce (1 Tablespoon)
- toasted sesame oil (1 Teaspoon)
- sriracha (1 Tablespoon)
- green onions (1/2 cup, chopped)
- egg roll wrappers (12)
- olive oil spray
- Set your oil on medium heat to get hot. Once hot, add in your celery, ginger, and garlic then stir fry until fragrant. Stir in your coleslaw mix and continue to cook until wilted.
- Next, add in your sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and ground chicken. Cook your chicken, while stirring to break it up and allow it to brown evenly (about 3-4 minutes). When there is no liquid remaining in your pan, and your chicken is cooked through, add in your green onions, stir and switch off the heat.
- Place your egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with a corner turned towards you. Add a spoon of filling on the corner closest to you then wrap the corner of your wrapper over the filling. Fold in the sides of your wrapper, then continue to roll until you get to the other side. This is much like rolling a burrito. Use a bit of water or whisked egg to seal the edges of your wrap. Continue rolling your remaining egg rolls until you’ve rolled them all.
- Lightly grease your fryer basket with cooking oil spray. Transfer your egg rolls to your greased air fryer basket then lightly spritz the tops of your egg rolls with oil spray. This will aid in achieving a beautiful golden-brown color on the tops. Allow to air fry for about 6 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- When the time ends, flip your egg rolls and return to the air fryer to get to the same golden color (about another 6 minutes). Serve hot.
Frozen egg rolls need 10- 12 minutes to cook properly. Which all you have to do is take the egg rolls out of the freezer put them in the air fryer. Spray the basket and the frozen egg rolls. That sounds like a low-effort kind of job to me. We also learned that not all oils can be used in the air fryer etc.
Remember to always have fun on your culinary journey.