- The Easy Way To Cook Chicken Leg Quarters In An Air Fryer
- Removing The Skin From Chicken Leg Quarters:
- Cooking Chicken Leg Quarters An Air Fryer
- How Long To Cook Chicken Leg Quarters In Air Fryer
The Easy Way To Cook Chicken Leg Quarters In An Air Fryer
Chicken is the easiest protein that you can cook, the only way you can mess up a chicken is unless you didn’t cook it for long. In this post, we’re going to learn how long to cook chicken leg quarter in air fryer. Now, you must be asking yourself, why am I starting you on chicken leg quarters? To answer your question, if you can cook chicken leg quarters, you can probably cook any part of the chicken.
To be honest with you, I can’t remember the last time I ate chicken leg quarters. Oh well, that’s my problem to deal with. You can buy chicken leg quarters at the meat section at the supermarket. When you buy it, it comes with the skin on. I don’t mind it with the skin on or not I’m still going to buy it. Some people don’t like the skin on, hence the next section will be about removing the skin.
Removing The Skin From Chicken Leg Quarters:
There are two options that you can use to remove the skin from the chicken leg quarters.
The Hard Way
Even though I say that this is the harder way, this is just my opinion. It may be simple for you. Before you cook the chicken, you can remove the skin from it. The skin will be a little bit stubborn so you may need to put some force into removing the skin, that’s if you’re using your hands. It may be a little bit easier if you use a kitchen shear. The kitchen scissors will help you to cut off any stubborn skin.
The Easy Way
Let the chicken rest for two minutes after cooking it with the skin on. You can use the kitchen shears or you can use your fingers to take the skin off the chicken. For this method, I use my fingers for the easy part. If there are some stubborn skins that I can’t take off with my fingers, then I’ll use the kitchen shears instead.
So, which method did you like? You don’t even have to ask me, you know I already love the easy way. There is something about removing the skin from a cooked chicken. I think it’s the feeling of juices flowing onto your finger while removing the chicken skin. But you still need to be careful, the chicken will still be hot even if it’s resting for two minutes. Don’t be like me and burn your fingers.
This section was for those that don’t like the skin on their chicken. If you don’t mind cooking or eating with the skin on, you’ll have nothing to fear.
Cooking Chicken Leg Quarters An Air Fryer
If you have decided to cook with the skin on or off, you will need to spray the chicken leg quarters with oil.
Season the chicken leg quarters with your favorite seasoning. It could be garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, or even oregano, just to throw that out there. But no matter what, salt will need to be included.
In the air fryer basket, place the chicken leg quarters skin side down. Cook your chicken for 20 minutes, flip it halfway through your cooking time. After the timer is done, check to see if the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F. If it isn’t, give it another 5 to 10 minutes and check again. Continue doing this method until it reaches 165°F.
Let the chicken rest for two minutes, once the chicken leg quarters have reached the internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve and enjoy.
How Long To Cook Chicken Leg Quarters In Air Fryer
The moment that you all have been waiting for, the reason why you have been continuing to read this post. I won’t kid myself and assume that I am funny, you know what I’m doing. You would cook your chicken in the air fryer at the temperature of 380°F for 20 – 25 minutes. Flip the chicken leg quarters halfway through the cooking time.
When you’re putting in the chicken into the air fryer basket remember to put it skin side down first. To ensure that the chicken is properly cooked, use a food thermometer. Ensure that the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Here are a few recipes that you can try for yourself.
Chicken Leg Quarters In An Air Fryer
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- Garlic powder (1/4 tsp.)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt (1/4 tsp.)
- 2 chicken leg quarters with skin
- Black pepper (1/4 tsp.)
- Set the air fryer temperature at 400°F to preheat.
- Spray both sides of the chicken with olive oil.
- Season both sides with garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken leg quarters, skin side down, in the air fryer basket. Ensure that the chicken has enough space between each other.
- Let the chicken cook for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken during the halfway cooking time.
- Check the chicken internal and see if it is at, using an instant thermometer. If it isn’t cook it for another 10-12 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 2 minutes, once the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Best Chicken Quarters You’ll Ever Have
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: 2 servings
- salt (½ teaspoon)
- black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (¼ teaspoon)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- 2 chicken leg quarters, skin-on
- Onion powder (½ teaspoon)
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- mustard (¼ teaspoon, grounded)
- In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients.
- Dry off the chicken properly then in the large bowl add the olive oil and chicken it. Mix the chicken until it is coated well.
- Set the air fryer temperature at 380°F, about 5 minutes to preheat.
- Put the chicken skin side down in the air fryer basket. Let it cook for 20-25 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, flip it.
- Once the chicken is properly cooked, set it on a plate for it to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
We’ve learned what we’re having for dinner tonight after reading this post. At least, that’s what I’m thinking but as I said before it’s not about me. You now know how long it’s going to take to cook chicken leg quarters in an air fryer.