Table of Contents
- Five Recipes To Teach You How To Cook Chicken For Your Dog
Five Recipes To Teach You How To Cook Chicken For Your Dog
Would you like your dog to eat healthy, delicious food and treats fresh from your kitchen? This post will explore five recipes to teach you how to cook chicken for your dog.
Dogs are just like humans, they need to be fed right so that they can live a longer, happy life. Packaged, readymade food is very convenient, but they are no comparison to natural homemade food.
When you cook for your dogs, you save them from the artificial sweetening agents and preservatives used in commercial food. Another benefit you derive from home cooking for your dog is it creates a special bond between you and your dog.
Below, you will find five simple dog food recipes below to feed your best friend. Nutritional requirements have been considered and the ingredients used in these recipes are readily available.
How To Cook Chicken For Your Dog
This is one of the best homemade dog food recipes you can make if you don’t have the time to prepare dog food. It is made in a slow cooker, making it even easier to prepare.
Serves: 2 servings
Time: 6 to 8 hours
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup of green beans, chopped
- ½ cup of carrots, chopped
- ½ cup of broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup of rolled oats, optional
- 4 cups of water
- Add in your ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir gently to mix.
- Cover and set to the lowest setting.
- Cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
This is an easy and simple dinner dish that you can make for those picky pups in your home. It is made with chicken and healthy veggies such as cauliflower and carrots.
Serves: 2 servings
Time: 55 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ¼ cup of carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup of squash, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup of spinach
- 1 sweet potato, cooked
- 2 cups of brown rice
- In a saucepan set over medium heat to high heat, add in the chicken breasts. Cover the chicken breasts with water and allow to come to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and set aside to cool completely.
- Pour out enough of the water until you have 4 cups left. Add in the brown rice. Allow to come back to a boil. Lower the heat to and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Set your steamer basket over a pot of boiling water pn medium heat, add in the cauliflower florets, chopped carrots, chopped squash and spinach. Steam for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Scoop out the fresh of the sweet potatoes into a bowl. Beat in a mixer until creamy in consistency.
- In the bowl, add in the chicken and steamed vegetables. Add in the cooked brown rice and stir well to evenly mix.
- Set aside to cool completely before serving.
Chicken is a fan favorite for nearly every dog. It is not only incredibly easy to prepare, but it is found in most homemade dog food recipes you will find.
Serves: 2 servings
Time: 55 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and chopped
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of carrots, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup of pureed pumpkin
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 potato, boiled and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of unsalted chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Set your saucepan on medium to high heat, add in the chicken pieces. Pour enough water to cover. Allow to come to a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Set another saucepan on medium to high heat, add in the rice. Add in 2 cups of water.
- Allow to come to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until the brown rice is cooked through (25 mins). Remove and set aside to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add in the cooled brown rice, cooked chicken, peas, steamed carrots, pureed pumpkin, chopped celery and chopped potato. Stir well to mix. Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before serving.
This tasty dish will leave your pup even more in love with you.
Time: 25 min
- 1 lb. of skinned and boned chicken thighs
- One handful of basil (chopped)
- Two cups of thinly sliced zucchini
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Pour oil into a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Place your chicken thighs in hot oil and cook.
- Turn over each side to cook for about six to eight minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred or slice before returning the pieces into the pan.
- Add your basil and zucchini and cook and stir occasionally for five minutes.
This Chicken and Spinach dish is easy to whip up and your pup will love it.
Time: 35 min
- 1 lb. of chicken breasts
- Three cups of spinach
- One teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of oil (olive or coconut)
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Set your skillet over medium heat and pour in some oil.
- Allow the oil to heat up.
- Place chicken breasts into hot oil and cook for about ten minutes.
- Flip over the chicken and cook another side for another ten minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred or slice.
- Return chicken pieces back into the pan and pour in the pepper and turmeric.
- Pour in spinach and stir. Then allow cooking for two minutes.
Dogs are a man’s best friend hence we should treat them right. We need to show our dogs that we love them and the best way to do that feeding them chicken.