- How Long To Cook Cornish Hens In Air Fryer That Will Be Mouthwatering
How Long To Cook Cornish Hens In Air Fryer That Will Be Mouthwatering
Nothing beats a wonderful tasting chicken dinner; I don’t think that I’ve been to a boring chicken dinner. We are going to learn, how long to cook chicken Cornish hens in air fryer. I could talk about what you can do with the Cornish hen. I don’t know about you but I think my culinary brain is firing on all cylinders.
Preparing To Cook The Best Cornish Hens Ever
At this point, you know I love using my air fryer. When I go into my kitchen, I realize I don’t use any other appliance. Oh well, that’s a story for another day. The first thing that you want to do is to wash your chicken, just to wash off anything that may have been stuck to your chicken. If you want to marinate the chicken you can, just season it with your favorite seasoning.
You are almost ready to go, if you want to find a recipe to cook your Cornish hen, you can or you want to go freestyle you can do that as well. Regardless of what you choose to do with your chicken is up to doesn’t matter what you do just have fun with it.
How Long To Cook Cornish Hens In Air Fryer
Here is a recipe that you can try for yourself.
Rotisserie-Style Cornish Hens
When you think about Cornish Hens, you think about a gourmet dinner at a restaurant. This time it’s coming straight out of your kitchen but it’s coming from your Air Fryer! It’s going to be juicy and tender on the inside while crispy on the outside. If you have invited someone so that you can cook for them, then bring this recipe out to impress them.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Kosher salt (1 tbs.)
- Thyme (1/2 tsp., dried)
- Game Hens (2 Cornish)
- Ground black pepper (1 tsp.)
- Avocado oil (2 tbs.)
- Garlic powder (1 tsp.)
- Basil (1/2 tsp., dried)
- Oregano (1/2 tsp., dried)
- Smoked paprika (1 tsp.)
- Inside the basket, spray it with oil.
- In a small bowl, add all of the seasoning and the avocado oil.
- Brush the seasoning mix all over both hens. Rub the breast especially for more flavor. Directly rub the seasoning on the breast under the skin.
- Place the hen, breast down in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature at 360 degrees F and cook for 35 minutes.
- If you want the skin to be crispy, then flip the hens and cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the Cornish hen until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Here are a few recipes that go well with the Cornish hen.
Carrot and Zucchini Noodles in Light Alfredo Sauce
A very quick, easy, and healthy dish. Very fresh and tasty.
Time: 30 mins.
For the Carrots and Zucchini Noodles:
- Zucchinis (4 washed, dried, and spiralized)
- Carrots (3 large, washed, dried, and spiralized)
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Cherry tomatoes (1-pint, halved)
- Fresh ground pepper and salt (to taste)
- Fresh basil (2 tablespoons, sliced)
For the Light Alfredo Sauce:
- unsalted butter (1 tablespoon)
- garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- all-purpose flour (2 teaspoons)
- 2% milk (1 cup)
- parmesan cheese (1/2 cup, grated, plus more for topping)
- cream cheese (2 tablespoons, low-fat)
- fresh ground pepper and salt (to taste)
- Over medium-high heat place a nonstick skillet to heat. Add olive oil and allow to heat.
- Add the zucchini and carrot noodles and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened but still crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Transfer from the heat to a colander and let drain for at least 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the alfredo sauce: melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the garlic until fragrant as soon as the butter is melted, roughly one minute.
- Mix in the flour, using a wooden spoon to stir until cooked, approximately 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk constantly, until sauce begins to thicken, roughly 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper; a taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer zucchini and carrot noodles to a plate or bowl and pour sauce on top.
- Top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Spiralized Veggie with Quinoa
A nutritious recipe you will continuously be making throughout Fall and Winter. Very quick and easy to make.
Time: 45 mins.
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- ⅓ cup of quinoa, dry
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- ½ large carrot, peeled and spiralized
- 1½ cups of mushrooms of your choice
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Sriracha for garnish
- Place the quinoa into a large pot filled with salted water. Cover pot and allow to boil over medium-high heat. Once boiled, reduce to a simmer for around 10 to 15 minutes or until it becomes fluffy. Fluff, using a fork, then transfer in a bowl, set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium heat and cook carrot noodles for around 2 minutes. Season with salt and continue cooking until it becomes soft. Set aside.
- Cook the bean sprouts on the same pan, seasoning with salt, for around 2 minutes. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of oil, then cook the mushrooms and season with salt. Cook for around 3 to 5 minutes, then set aside.
- On the same pan once again, add remaining sesame oil and cook spinach with garlic for around 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted, then set aside.
- Do the same thing with the zucchini noodles, cooking for around 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked according to your preference.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs according to preference. For example, heat oil in a pan over medium heat, then crack the eggs into the pan. Cook until the tops of all the whites are set but let the yolk remain runny. Take the pan from off the heat and use a spatula to remove the eggs.
- Assemble all the veggies in a bowl. Top it with the cooked egg and drizzle with a bit of sriracha. Serve.
I just got too excited and forgot to tell you how long to cook Cornish hens in air fryer. If you have been reading some of my posts, then you already have an idea. Cook your Cornish hens for 30 -45 minutes or until the internal temperature of 165 degrees F. That’s it, for now, enjoy the post.