Table of Contents
- How Long To Cook A Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer To Get It Juicy & Tender
- How Long To Cook A Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer
- How To Cook A Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer: The Recipes
- Final Thoughts:
- Related Video
How Long To Cook A Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer To Get It Juicy & Tender
Are you trying to figure out how long to cook a Cornish hen in an air fryer? If so, this post has got you covered. There are so many hidden uses of the air fryer that are yet to be explored. And creating the perfect Cornish hen is one of them for too many people. Today we will set out to correct that by exploring exactly how long you should be cooking your Cornish hens for and giving you a few recipes to try at home.
How Long To Cook A Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer
Your Cornish hen will cook in about 30 minutes in an average air fryer. Bear in mind that various factors can cause the timing to be a bit different. This includes the recipe you are using, your brand or model of air fryer and of course the weight of your Cornish hen. They should, however, all be around the same time frame.
Let’s explore a few recipes for you to try at home.
How To Cook A Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer: The Recipes
How To Cook Cornish Hen In An Air Fryer
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 (1½- to 2-lb.) Cornish hen
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390°F. Rub the seasoning over the chicken, coating it thoroughly.
- Put the chicken in the basket. Set the timer and roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 15 minutes. Check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Add Cooking Time if needed.
Nutrition: Calories 520, Fat 36g, Carbs 0g, Protein 45g
Ultimate Roasted Cornish Hen
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ½ C. olive oil
- thyme, 1 tsp., fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- fresh lemon zest, 1 tsp., finely grated
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 lb. Cornish game hen, backbone removed and halved
- In a bowl, mix together black pepper, salt, pepper flakes, sugar, lemon zest, herbs and oil.
- Add the hen portions and coat with the marinade generously.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 24 hours.
- In a strainer, place the hen portions and set aside to drain any liquid.
- Set the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 degrees F and preheat for 5 minutes. Grease the Air Fryer basket.
- After preheating, arrange the hen portions into the prepared Air Fryer basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket in Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is completed, remove from Air Fryer and place the hen portions onto a platter.
- Cut each portion in 2 pieces and serve.
Calories per serving: 665; Carbohydrates: 0.8g; Protein: 38.5g; Fat: 57.7g; Sugar: 0.3g; Sodium: 181mg; Fiber: 0.3g
Thai Garlicky Cornish Game Hens
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Cornish game hens, giblets removed, split in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, fish sauce, soy sauce, serrano, garlic, sugar, lemongrass, black pepper, coriander, salt, and turmeric. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer your cilantro mixture onto the hen halves and rub it into the meat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Arrange the hen halves in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at the corresponding preset mode or Air Fry for 20 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the game hens have reached an internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC). Serve warm.
Asian Inspired Cornish Hens
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 (1¼-pound / 567-g) Cornish game hens, giblets discarded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- Thai chili, 1, stemmed, deseeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- lime juice, 1 tablespoon
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cooking spray
- Arrange a game hen on a clean work surface, remove the backbone with kitchen shears, then pound the hen breast to flat. Cut the breast in half. Repeat with the remaining game hen.
- Loose the breast and thigh skin with your fingers, then pat the game hens dry and pierce about 10 holes into the fat deposits of the hens. Tuck the wings under the hens.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of fish sauce, ¼ cup of cilantro, lime zest, coriander, garlic, 4 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ⅛ teaspoon of ground black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Rub the fish sauce mixture under the breast and thigh skin of the game hens, then let sit for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Arrange the marinated game hens in the air fryer, skin side down.
- Air fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 15 minutes, then gently turn the game hens over and air fry for 10 more minutes or until the skin is golden brown and the internal temperature of the hens reads at least 165ºF (74ºC).
- Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients, except for the lime wedges, in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss to mix well.
- Transfer the fried hens on a large plate, then sit the salad aside and squeeze the lime wedges over before serving.
There are so many hidden uses of the air fryer that are yet to be explored. And creating the perfect Cornish hen is one of them for too many people. I hope the information and recipes featured above was able to give you an answer to how long to cook your Cornish hens. And that you will be cooking them far more in the near future.