Table of Contents
Cleaning Char Broil Infrared Grill Grates
How to clean char broil infrared grill grates is the most commonly asked question. Because a lot of people grill outside and don’t want to go through the hassle of cleaning their grill every day. This is where a good set of infrared grates can help.
Infrared grates help because they are always hot from the heat from the fire on the other side, so anything that falls on them will be incinerated. This means that anything on your grate will either get burnt or cleaned off.
For more guidance, read this blog post till the end.
How to Clean Char-Broil Infrared Grill Grates
Here is a step by step guide to clean char-broil grill:
Let the grill sit overnight, with the lid on. This will remove any debris and food buildup that may have accumulated on them. The next day, remove the grate and use a wire brush to clean them off.
Use a mixture of liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water or some sort of food degreaser. Make sure you use the one that is recommended for grills.
Using a sponge or cloth, wipe down the surface and all sides of the grate. Make sure you get all the gunk that is on them.
Rinse off the grate after you are done cleaning it with your sponge and warm water. Dry completely before use.
Replace the grate if possible, or use a grill pad if you want to avoid direct exposure to the heat.
Can you clean the controllers on an infrared grill? What do you use to clean them?
For those of us that have infrared grills, we know that they can be very difficult to work with. It is a lot more difficult to control the actual temperature and make sure your meats are cooked correctly on an infrared grill.
Now, you know how difficult it is to try and keep your controllers clean, especially if these pieces get greasy. If you find that you have a little bit of grease or oil build-up on your controllers, then here are some places you can use to clean them off.
- First, remove the controller from the grill and then remove all of the greases that might be on it. Regardless of what kind of cleaner you use or what type of cloth you use, it should be damp for your controller.
- Using a brush and a little bit of detergent, wipe off any grease that is on the controller. You can also use a soft cloth to get at the grease if you want. Just make sure that you don’t use anything harsh, like abrasive dry cleaning powder or soap. This can cause damage to your controllers, so it is recommended to use some kind of non-abrasive cleanser instead.
- Once you have cleaned your controllers, you can use a dry towel to remove any remaining residue on them. The best way to do this is to wrap the controller in a towel and then set it on top of something while you are holding on to the frayed edges of the towel. This will help you get rid of any residue that might be left on it.
- Replace the controller with your infrared grill. You can now use your infrared grill as normal while being happy that you now have a clean controller that works properly.
What is the best way to clean an infrared grill?
Here is the best way to clean infrared grill grates.
- To start, remove all of the food from your grill. You can’t use any kind of cleaning agent on the firebox of your grill because it will contain “Teflon” materials that can damage the other parts of your grill.
- Next, use your Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel Brush to remove the food from all of the grates, but be careful to not use too much pressure. You don’t want to damage your grates.
- Use your Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel Brush to wipe down your firebox, the burners, and the bottom grates of your grill. These parts will get very dirty from time to time, and you should check them every once in a while to make sure that they are still clean.
- Now, use a clean, dry cloth to wipe down the handles of all of the knobs on your grill as well as the burner dials.
- Now, use your Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel Brush to clean all of the grates that you can get to; the ones in between the burners and the ones on the backside of your grill. These get dirty as well, and it is important to clean them off occasionally.
- Use a steel wool pad to remove any residue that might be left on these areas. This can be done by wiping the gunk away with your brush.
- When you are done cleaning, the bottom grates, and the burners should be clean and shiny.
Important Note: If you have a large amount of buildup on your grill, then you may need to do this more than once. Just remember to use non-abrasive cleansers on the firebox, and you should be fine.
Check your grates for any food debris that might be left on them. If there is any left, then it is best to just dispose of the grates and purchase new ones if necessary.
That’s all for this article. Hope you understand how to clean char broil infrared grill grates. Now you can clean it more easily.