Table of Contents
- How To Cook A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
- Using Traeger Grill To Cook Turkey Breast
- Tips For Cooking A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
- How To Season Your Turkey Breast
- What Temperature To Set On Traeger Grill
- How To Cook In Indirect Heat Of Traeger Grill
- Ingredients To Smoke A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
- Directions To Smoke A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
How To Cook A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
How To Cook A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill? Whether it’s a Thanksgiving event or a birthday party, great food is always on the table. People love to grill meat, and when it’s Turkey breast, grilling it is the tastiest option. However, it can be challenging to cook Turkey breast on a grill. The reason behind this is that this meat has tough tissues that are low, in fact making them tough to break when cooked. So it would help if you placed the Turkey breast on the grill for long hours before they are ready to be served. However, things won’t get complicated if you know the right way to grill Turkey breast. Read out this article to explore more.
Using Traeger Grill To Cook Turkey Breast
Suppose you are one of the grading enthusiasts when you can relate how beneficial a Traeger grill can be if you use it for grading. Turkey breast. While it uses woods as a fuel source, the Traeger grill allows you to control the temperature digitally. These grills are energy efficient, and you won’t have to monitor the temperature continuously because the automated heat measuring system will do the job for you. So trade skills can be your perfect cooking partner if you choose to cook a Turkey breast that will take long hours.
Tips For Cooking A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
Before you start grilling the Turkey breast, there are certain prerequisites to follow. Following certain tips and tricks will allow you to sit back comfortably while your Turkey breast is cooking.
One of the essential parts of prerequisites involved in grilling is to season the turkey breast. You can also say that the taste of grilled Turkey always depends on how well you have seasoned it. Most people season the Turkey breast using a dry rub with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and Rosemary. You can use a little bit of oil to wet marinate Turkey. However, it depends on how well you quote Turkey with the marination. So do it thoroughly.
Secondly, your grilling should start slow and finish hot. When cooking the meat on a treasure grill, it’s vital to avoid overcooking. You need to preserve the flavor and moisture, so it would be best to start the grill slower and cook the Turkey on low heat. You should also use indirect heat as much as possible because it will prevent the meat from burning and cook it well from inside.
Using apple cider vinegar will enhance the taste to the next level. Apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium and amino acids that have benefits after exercise. So, in addition to providing taste, you will enjoy post-workout benefits. You have to mix apple cider vinegar with water before applying it to the Turkey breast.
How To Season Your Turkey Breast
To season the Turkey breast perfectly, you have to follow the simple rule to salt and pepper it generously on all the sides.
Adding the salt will help Turkey preserve its moisture while placed on the Traeger grill for hours. Kosher salt will work best.
Then, season the Turkey breast thoroughly with the marination you have prepared previously. Make sure that not a single part is left marinated. You have to leave the marinated turkey breast overnight
What Temperature To Set On Traeger Grill
To make the cooking perfect, it is recommended to set the temperature at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or less throughout the grilling time. Grilling at a low temperature will keep the turkey’s meat soft.
How long to cook Turkey breast on Traeger grill
The optimum cooking time on 250 to treat 100 degrees Fahrenheit is about 2 to four hours. It depends on the size of your Turkey breast. If it’s large and thick, it can take up to 4 to five hours to cook. However, thinner Turkey breast can cook in between 2 to three hours.
How To Cook In Indirect Heat Of Traeger Grill
To cook the Turkey breast on indirect heat, you can wrap it in aluminium foil and place it on the indirect zone of the grill for 20 minutes. Then flip the Turkey breast and cook for another 20 minutes on the other side.
Ingredients To Smoke A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
1/2 tbsp Bourbon
2 tablespoons Pit Boss All-Purpose GSP Rub.
1/4 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
a quarter cup of orange juice
9 pound WHOLE TURKEY BREAST WITH BONE-IN
1 halved sweet potato
2 tablespoons Tamari
1 tbsp dried thyme
also 1 pound of butter
1 yellow onion, peeled and halved
Other Tools How To Smoke A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
Skillet made of cast iron
Small frying pan
Hardwood Pellets Pit Boss Hickory Blend
An Insider Tip
Allow 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator to properly thaw the turkey, then leave it out for 1 hour at room temperature before smoking.
Directions To Smoke A Turkey Breast On A Traeger Grill
- Rinse the turkey well with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, then season it inside and out with a mixture of All-Purpose GSP Rub, onion powder, and dried thyme. Place in a cast-iron pan and prop up with onion and potato on either side. Place aside.
- Start your Pit Boss pellet grill on SMOKE mode and leave the lid open for 10 minutes before preheating to 250° F. Set up a gas or charcoal grill for low, indirect heat.
- Transfer the turkey on the grill and smoke for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit is attained, turning after 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Combine the bourbon, maple syrup, orange juice, and soy sauce in a mixing bowl. Bring to a boil, then turn down to low heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce begins to decrease and thicken somewhat. Place aside.
- After flipping the turkey, baste it with the glaze every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the grill and set aside for 20 minutes to rest before slicing and serving heated.
Cooking a Turkey breast on low flames on a Traeger grill requires patience. So please don’t open the grill lid frequently because it may lose heat; eventually, it will take longer to cook. After reading the article, you will cook the Turkey breast to perfection. Traeger grills are very efficient in cooking dishes that take long hours to be prepared.