Table of Contents
- How to Cook Beer-Battered Fish in Air Fryer?
- Is it Possible to enjoy Classic Fried Food items with less Oil?
- What is an Air Fryer?
- Does it work like a Regular Oven?
- What can we make in an Air Fryer?
- How does an Air Fryer Function?
- Can we cook Beer-Battered Fish in an Air Fryer?
- What are the Advantages of cooking Beer-Battered Fish in an Air Fryer over deep Frying?
- How long does it take to cook Beer-Battered Fish in an Air Fryer?
- What can we serve with Beer-Battered Fish?
- Bottom line:
How to Cook Beer-Battered Fish in Air Fryer?
Beer battered fish is one of the classic dishes in the world. All the adults love this perfect dish. It is one of those foods that people never get tired of eating—an ideal meal, which can be enjoyed as a lunch or a comforting dinner. You can enjoy this fantastic beer-battered fish in many ways.
Most people prefer to eat deep-fried beer-battered fish, but some put their health before everything else; they are health conscious and don’t want to eat their favorite food items with lots of oil. Well, an important question here is;
Is it Possible to enjoy Classic Fried Food items with less Oil?
Although an old-school way of making beer-battered fish is deep-frying, now you can easily make it a healthy one. You can enjoy your favorite beer-battered fish with that same golden-brown crust by using just a little bit of oil.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is an electrical kitchen appliance that works similarly to a regular oven. Its job is to provide your favorite fried items with that same taste and texture by eliminating all the extra calories and fat you get by using excessive oil.
This small appliance promises to provide that crispy, crunchy, and perfect golden-looking fried items you get by baking or roasting in the regular oven using a tiny amount of oil. I know the next series of questions in your mind is; Does it work like the traditional oven? What is the difference between both? What can we cook in it? Let’s find out.
Does it work like a Regular Oven?
Although an air fryer operates similar to a regular oven, the significant difference between the two is that; an air fryer requires less oil to cook your food, saving your precious time. A traditional oven requires you to preheat for 15-20 minutes; an air fryer does not even require preheating.
What can we make in an Air Fryer?
How does an Air Fryer Function?
The air fryer works similarly to a regular oven. It circulates the hot air around the food. The air fryer has a heating component and a fan in its upper section that moves the hot air around the food evenly in circular motions cooking your food way too quickly compared to a traditional oven and that also by just using a spritz of oil.
Here is a guide on how to operate an air fryer;
- Place the food in the fryer basket:
Placing the food carefully in the basket is the essential step in this whole procedure. Make sure your food is not dripping any liquid!
- Use minimal amount of oil:
One of the most outstanding qualities of an air fryer is to use less oil. You can use an oil spray or an oiling brush to put oil on your food.
- Don’t overflow the basket:
Overflowing your air fryer basket may lead you to uncooked food. So it is better that you put small batches of food in your fryer.
- Set up temperature and time:
Typically, the temperature ranges from 350 ° to 400 ° F and 5-25 minutes.
- Allow the food to cook:
Let the food cook properly. You can open the basket from time to time to flip and turn items.
Can we cook Beer-Battered Fish in an Air Fryer?
Yes, of course, you can cook beer-battered fish in an air fryer. It’s a fact that battered, deep-fried items are the biggest challenge to cook in an air fryer. But you can do it with just these simple steps.
- Make a thick batter in a way that is not drippy or runny.
- Then coat your battered food with a thick layer of flour. It will create a thick coating over your food and will not drip in the air fryer.
What are the Advantages of cooking Beer-Battered Fish in an Air Fryer over deep Frying?
The benefit of using an air fryer is that it reduces fat and calorie intake by using less oil. Almost all deep-fried items require a massive amount of oil; an air fryer needs just a spray of it, and it is done.
How long does it take to cook Beer-Battered Fish in an Air Fryer?
What can we serve with Beer-Battered Fish?
You can serve this fantastic beer-battered fish with many things such as;
- Air fried chips
- Roasted veggies
- Fruit salsa
- Serve-4 persons
- Air fryer
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Resting time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Fish fillet (1½ pounds)
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Cornstarch (2 tbsp.)
- Baking soda (½ tsp)
- Beer (6 oz.)
- Egg (1)
- Paprika (1 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Black pepper (1 tsp)
- Olive oil
- Cut the fish fillets evenly, about 4-5 inches long.
- Mix 1 cup flour, baking soda, egg, corn starch, and beer in a bowl. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- In a different bowl, add paprika, salt, black pepper, and flour and mix well.
- Evenly coat the fillets into the beer batter and then with flour.
- Carefully spray oil on the fillets and place them into the air fryer basket. Let it cook at 390 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, coleslaw, and air-fried chips.
Cooking in an air fryer is pretty simple. With less fat and oil, you can enjoy your favorite classic dish just by using an air fryer. Air frying is a fantastic way to enjoy your favorite fried items without compromising on your health. However, it provides you food with the same taste, texture, and crispiness as traditional methods.