Table of Contents
- How To Cook Meatloaf in Air Fryer Without It Drying Out
How To Cook Meatloaf in Air Fryer Without It Drying Out
Meatloaves are great comfort food in many households. It is hearty, juicy, and delicious when done right. Luckily, this post is here to make sure you always get it right when using your air fryer. Today’s discussion will be on how to cook meatloaf in air fryer without it drying out.
An air fryer is a powerful appliance. This revolutionary cooker fries your food using hot air that is circulated throughout the cooker, much like a convection oven. It does take a bit of getting used when you first get your hands on it. So, if you are new to the air fryer world here are a few tips that you should keep in the back of your mind.
Top 5 Tips For Air Fryer Beginners
- Always shake your basket like cooking.
- Never overcrowd your basket!
- Less is more when it comes to the amount of oil you use to coat your food. But spritzing with oil helps to get a crispier finish.
- Be sure to clean your air fryer after each use.
- Explore new cooking methods for your fryer as the air fryer has the potential to do almost all dry cooking methods.
How To Cook Meatloaf in Air Fryer
Time: 1 hr.
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb Selected Meat (choose between beef, turkey, pork, or chicken)
- 2 T ketchup
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 T mustard
- 1 T fluid smoke
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c darker sugar
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- This recipe is basically a ‘dump and go’. The ingredients can be added in order.
- Transfer your selected meat to a bowl then add the breadcrumbs, onions and seasoning.
- Add in your remaining dry ingredients then fold in your liquids and herbs. Mix well.
- Shape blend into a loaf.
- Air-Fry for 20 minutes at 370 deg. F.
- Remove the air fryer crate from the unit. Combine the coating fixings. Spread the coating over the meatloaf.
- keep cooking at a similar temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Vegetables can be added to this recipe if you choose. Decent additions are carrots (about ½ cup, diced) or chime pepper (¾ cup, diced). On the off chance that you want to add mushrooms, you can likewise add those to your air fryer meatloaf. Simply ensure that you diced them exceptionally small, so they cook through.
- Be sure to leave your meatloaf to rest after removing it from the air fryer. This will assist you with cutting into the air fryer meatloaf.
- Use a serrated blade to cut your air fryer meatloaf into slices. This kind of blade aids in getting an even slice without your meatloaf falling apart.
- You need to beware of your air fryer meatloaf now and then. You must check to ensure it isn’t crisping excessively quick or burning. If you feel that the highest point of your meatloaf is beginning to harden or burn, you can cover the meatloaf with foil to help it cook evenly.
- Don’t attempt to speed up the cooking process by increasing the temperature of your air fryer. Cooking at a lower temperature assists with keeping the meatloaf juicy. No one likes a dry meatloaf.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your meatloaf and the brand of your air fryer. So, be sure to check on your meatloaves at set intervals.
If you don’t like meatloaf, the recipes you make can be tweaked into meatballs. Simply shape your mixture into balls instead of a loaf. Here are a few recipes you can try.
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 slices white bread
- 8 oz. ground pork
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 1/4 yellow onion, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the tray
- Lingonberry jam, for serving
- Set your bread to soak in milk for around 5 minutes in a medium bowl. Drain the excess milk then rip your bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the bread with the ground beef, 1 teaspoon salt, pork, onion, allspice, egg, and a few grinds of pepper. Form this into small balls about the size of a heaping tablespoon.
- Spray the basket of the Air Fryer with cooking spray and fill it with the meatballs. Set the Air Fryer to 360°F and close the lid.
- Cook while shaking the tray halfway through. It should take about 10 minutes to fully cook and should nicely browned and tender. Serve them with lingonberry jam.
Asian Turkey Meatballs
- Peanut oil (2 tbsp.)
- Onion (1 small, minced)
- Chestnuts (1/4 cup, chopped finely)
- Ginger (1/2 tsp., ground)
- Soy sauce (2 tbsp., low sodium)
- Breadcrumbs (1/4 cup)
- Egg (1, beaten)
- Turkey (1 lb., ground)
- Set your air fryer to preheat to 400 degrees F. In a small skillet over medium heat cook your onions, in 1 tbsp. oil until tender.
- Add onions to a large bowl with your remaining ingredients, except oil, and stir to combine. Use the mixture to form meatballs that are an inch in diameter.
- Lightly drizzle with your remaining oil, then set to air fry until the meatballs are fully cooked (about 12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through). Serve.
Gone are the days where meatloaf took hours to prepare. Now with your air fryer, your meatloaf dinner can be ready to serve in minutes while offering the same juicy and delicious bit you would expect from the oven.