Table of Contents
- Kitchen Basics: How to Cook Chicken in a Gourmia Air Fryer
- Different Types of Air Fryers
- Health Benefits of Air Frying
- Avoiding Heart Disease & High Cholesterol
- Maintains Nutritional Values from The Food That’s Fried
- How Do I Know How Long to Air Fry A Chicken?
- How to Cook Chicken in a Gourmia Air Fryer
Kitchen Basics: How to Cook Chicken in a Gourmia Air Fryer
Cooking chicken in an Air Fryer is simple, and it will only take a couple of minutes to cook, depending on the part of the meat that you’re using. Best of all, your chicken will turn out juicy and flavorful if done right. This article will walk you through how to cook chicken in a Gourmia Air Fryer so that you get it right on your first go. In order to do that, however, you must first understand what an air fryer is and its benefits.
Different Types of Air Fryers
There are various kinds of air fryers, every single diverse brand, and various top picks.
- Size matters, particularly in case you’re expecting to sustain a group of four to six hungry individuals.
- If you’re thinking about what size of air fryer to get our proposal is the 3-4 qt sizes for 2-3 individuals (or if it’s all the same to you cooking numerous bunches) and the 5-6 qt for groups of 4-6 (you’ll despite everything cook somethings in clumps, yet not as much as the littler air fryers).
- We’re for the most part cooking for two during the bustling weeknights, and the 3 qt size fryers are extraordinary for us.
Health Benefits of Air Frying
Believe it or not, air- fried foods require limited to no oil at all. Ingredients are cooked with the aid of hot air, tasting as amazing as if oil was used. You no longer have to worry about greasy dish stains or fingers, as oil is not necessary to get the job done. Although oil can be used in the air fryer for frying, it is not a common occurrence for it to be used.
When oil is used, direct application to foods is best, as opposed to pouring lots of oil, risking damage to the appliance. The concept of common foods being made healthier without oil is appealing to those on fat-blasting diets. Eliminating oil also means that your cleaning job is easier. If using oil to prepare a meal, use homemade foods (as opposed to pre-heated foods). The manual in the Air Fryer informs you of the oils that you can use.
As you can imagine, this, in turn, leads to a myriad of benefits, both concerning your health and lifestyle. These include, but are certainly not limited to:
Nothing beats the healthy results of cooking with the Air Fryer appliance. It is uniquely designed to operate without oil, reducing fats in foods by up to eighty percent. Losing weight has never been so easy, as the Air Fryer couples your need for indulgence with healthier alternatives. Apart from offering you foods lower in saturated fats and calories, the Air Fryer is multi- functional in baking, roasting, and grilling. No doubt, the Air Fryer is the best tool for a changed lifestyle, as it is an appliance that makes healthy living much simpler.
Aiding in Weight Loss
Obesity has been tied to many chronic illnesses, including hypertension, and though using an air fryer was not initially intended to be used for weight loss, it has also been proven to help promote weight control due to limited use of oil during cooking and allowing you to avoid deep frying.
Avoiding Heart Disease & High Cholesterol
Using an air fryer restricts the need to deep fry in tons of unhealthy oils and other saturated fats that are largely associated with cardiovascular problems and high cholesterol. It also encourages you to eat more fibrous foods that can stand up to dehydration, frying and/or roasting that promote the reduction of plaque in, and around your arteries.
Maintains Nutritional Values from The Food That’s Fried
When you use a traditional deep fryer, food is often fried in large amounts of bad fat that soaks into your food the beneficial nutrients and vitamins are destroyed. The Air Fryer removes a large amount of oil from the equation by circulating the hot air into the cooking chamber. Due to this it protects the essential vitamins and nutrients in your food and never adds bad fats to it.
How Do I Know How Long to Air Fry A Chicken?
The amount of time will be depended on what part of the chicken you’ll be cooking and how big they are. Chicken parts (i.e. the two legs, breasts, wings, etc.) are very similar in shape, so it’s best to go by the weight of the part.
Choose a temperature that you are comfortable in using, this will dictate the amount of minutes that your chicken will be cooking for. Did I forget to mention that size matters in your cooking time as well? The thicker the meat, the longer it cooks. Its best to use a thermometer to make sure that your chicken is perfectly cooked.
How to Cook Chicken in a Gourmia Air Fryer
I believe chicken is a straightforward meat to cook, although it can also have its difficulties. Take a chicken breast, for example, it is considered white meat that is very lean. So, it can be very dry if the meat is overcooked.
Try not to panic. When you are trying a new cooking method, it will take a few failed attempts before it comes out the way you like it. A convection oven and an Air fryer are similar in how they cook things. They both use heat then circulates the hot air with a fan that is built within to cook your chicken. This generally results in a beautiful golden-brown color on your cooked chicken. So, you already have help from the air fryer itself.
Now you just have to prep your ingredients. Let’s check out a recipe you can use to get started.
The Recipe Serves: 2
Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 27mins
- Chicken (1/2 lb., sliced)
- Egg (1)
- Buttermilk (1/4 cup)
- Flour (½ cups)
- Paprika (1 tbsp.)
- Garlic powder (½ tsp.)
- Onion powder (½ tsp.)
- Salt (1 tsp.)
- Black pepper (1/2 tsp.)
- Vegetable oil spray
- Nashville hot sauce (1/8 cup)
- Add your buttermilk, and eggs to a medium bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add your black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and flour in a Ziploc bag.
- Dredge your chicken in buttermilk batter, then place them into the seasoned flour, shaking the bag to coat all sides.
- Repeat until all your chicken has been coated. Lightly grease with oil spray and add to a greased air fryer basket.
- Set your air fryer to preheat to 370ºF. Air fry your chicken until crispy at 370ºF (about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through).
- Set aside, and fry the remaining pieces in case you had to do it in batches. Reduce the heat to 340 degrees, and add all your chicken back to the fryer basket and allow to continue air frying until fully cooked (about another 7 minutes).
- Transfer your cooked chicken into a large bowl, top with hot sauce, and toss to fully coat. Serve, and enjoy the heat!
We started rocky but we prevailed. Cooking chicken in the Gourmia Air Fryer is quick, easy and the end product is delicious.