- Easy & Efficient Method on How To Clean Grease From Air Fryer Basket
- How To Clean Grease From Air Fryer Basket
- How To Minimize the Grease Buildup
- How to Properly Use Your Air Fryer If You Have An Oven Model
- Bottom Line
- Related Video
Easy & Efficient Method on How To Clean Grease From Air Fryer Basket
If you want to get your air fryer basket from being filled with grease and grim to brand new, this post has got you covered. In this post, we’ll be exploring an easy and efficient method on how to clean grease from air fryer basket.
If you’re like me, your air fryer has become one of your favorite things to cook with. If any of you have one, you all know that it’s an easy clean-up temporarily, but over time this gunk gets built up and impossible to get rid of with a simple wipe. If you’ve found yourself in this predicament, I’m about to show you how to get rid of this gunk and leave you with a nice deep-cleaned air fryer to cook your recipes in. Let’s dive right in.
How To Clean Grease From Air Fryer Basket
Deep Cleaning Your Basket
Things You’ll Need
To begin, you will need:
- Some distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Dishwashing detergent (I use Dawn)
- And piping hot water (enough to fill your fryer basket)
- Go ahead and remove your air fryer basket from your fryer.
- Sprinkle your baking soda over the parts that have the grease build-up. Then follow that with your dishwashing liquid. Most dishwashing detergents are thick so, you should be able to squeeze some to run along the sides if needed.
- Pour in about ¼ cup of distilled white vinegar on top of the baking soda in the basket. (It will produce an instant foam reaction, this is normal).
- Add in your piping hot water so that the liquid covers the whole area you are trying to clean, and let it rest like this for a good four hours or even overnight.
- Once the time has passed, scrub it clean. You may need to put some elbow grease into scrubbing, but if you have allowed it to soak long enough, you should be able to see it coming off.
- Once you have scrubbed off the grease build-up. Empty the basket, and rinse with clean water.
- That’s it! Your air fryer basket should now be as good as new.
How To Minimize the Grease Buildup
Now that we’ve gotten your air fryer basket cleaned, let’s take a look at some of the things you may be doing to add to the build-up and how to minimize them.
Spraying Your Food While Already In The Basket
One of the main mistakes I was making while using my air fryer was spraying the things I was cooking after they were already in my basket. A pro tip I learned after seeing my gunk-filled basket was to spray my oil directly on the food item before transferring them to the fryer basket. That way you are avoiding getting residual oil stunk in your basket.
Wipe Your Basket Even If It Appears Clean After Use
When you go to remove whatever, you’ve cooked from the fryer basket be sure to wipe it down with a clean damp cloth when cool. Many people neglect to do this after fryer simple food such as French fries or toast. But you want to make wiping down your basket a habit after each use to avoid buildup, regardless of what is cooked. This is because the residual oils left on your basket, though it looked clean, will bake on it over time producing the same gunk you just had to clean.
Soak Basket Immediately After Use
To make cleaning easier set your fryer basket to soak in warm soapy water immediately after using for at least 30 minutes. When you are ready to wash it simply scrub with a sponge. Now that we have explored a bit more about the Air Fryer, it’s time to jump into some delicious Air Fryer recipes that are perfect for two.
Create Aluminum Foil Covers When Baking Cakes
Covering cakes with aluminum foil while in the Air Fryer allows you to cook your cake fully without getting the top to brown too quickly. Be sure to pierce holes in the cover before setting it to bake then removing it a few minutes before it is done to get a nice color on top.
How to Properly Use Your Air Fryer If You Have An Oven Model
When it comes to air fryer ovens, cooking becomes a piece of cake. Initially, it may take some time to develop an understanding of its functions and the relation of temperature with the cooking time, but with the variety of recipes shared in this cookbook, you will also get over that part easily. Here are some simple rules to cook a range of meals in an air fryer oven:
- At first, look for a suitable pan or utensil to add your food to the oven. Normally baking pans and trays are used for baking and other purposes whereas Air frying requires the basket and you may need rotisseries accessories to roast the whole chicken.
- The device needs some time to preheat, so I would recommend not adding food before preheating. However, keep it ready aside while the device preheats.
- Now select the desired cooking mode by pressing their respective buttons. When you press their buttons, the screen will display the default time and temperature.
- To change the time and temperature, press the + or – keys accordingly. Then press the Start button.
- At this point, the machine preheats to maintain the selected temperature. During this time, the timer does not start.
- Once preheated, the LED screen will show the “ADD” food sign. Open the door and set the food inside.
- Close the door again and press Start to resume cooking. Now the timer will start ticking, and you can also check the food by pressing the Light button.
- If the food requires to be flipped or turned, then the appliance will automatically show the sign on display.
- Open the door and turn or toss the food, then close it then the appliance will resume cooking.
- The machine will beep when the timer goes off.
- Remove the food from the oven and serve.
Your air fryer is brilliant for producing crunchy, fried foods with little, and in some cases, no oil. The residue from the small splashes of oil you use can build up into gunk if you don’t take the time to clean your air fryer baskets or racks (depending on your fryer model) regularly. The tips featured above should help you minimize grease build-up or tackle it in the event you already have a build-up on your hands.