Table of Contents
- Complete Guide on how to Start a Char-Broil Grill
Complete Guide on how to Start a Char-Broil Grill
Wondering about how to start a char-broil grill? If yes, keep reading to know what you’re looking for.
You may know that Char-Broil grills have an igniter button for quick and easy start-ups. In case your grill does not spark, you may still light the grill manually. As a backup plan and for safety, Char-Broil grills usually have a built-in match holder that may hang on a chain under the grill.
In this blog, we are going to learn some of the basic things about the char-broil grill and most importantly how you can start it.
How to Start a Char-Broil Grill
Here is the procedure for you to start your Char-Broil grill manually.
- First of all, open the lid of the grill and find the lighting hole on the side of your grill.
- As you see that hole put a match in the curled end of the holder and light that matches with one another.
- Next, you have to turn on the gas to the burner nearest to the hole and put the match to light up.
- Once your first burner is lit up, you may also turn on adjacent burners to cross-light them.
- As all the burners of the grill you want on are lit up, the remaining operation of the grill is the same.
Some Tips to Set-up your New Char-Broil Grill
You have got a new Char-Broil grill and are excited to fire it up? Well! Here you may find some of the amazing tips on how to set up the grill quickly and what else you may need before you may enjoy using your grill.
- You have to open your grill with a knife or scissors, but be very careful. Carefully open the grill so that you do not put a scratch on the grill while doing it.
- Mostly digital assembly instructions are available on almost all of the grills for making the assembly easier for you. You may find them and get help from them.
- Before you even start the assembly, it is recommended to spread out all the parts on some soft surface. Your best bet can be to put a blanket underneath.
- For the assembling, you may only need a screwdriver, a suitable wrench, and certainly the supplied parts of the grill. You may know that a screwdriver will get things done even faster.
- So your grill is all set up and you have to get started finally? Ensure that the batteries are in the ignition and you already have a gas cylinder ready. Before you put on the first steak on the grill, you must do a leak test. You may also find out how to do this in the manual of your grill.
How can you light your Charcoal Grill?
Grilling with a charcoal grill can be a dismaying task for you if you are using it for the first time. When you want to be a master charcoal griller, the very first step is to know how to light up the coals.
Here we discuss some of the different ways to start the charcoal grill that will lead you to the grilling in no time.
1- Choose your Charcoal Grill
You may know that you need enough charcoal to generate a layer on one-half of the grill. And you have a wide variety of charcoal grill options to select from that may include several types of lump coal that you use for long cooking and briquettes that are used for a quick cook.
2- Set up the Grill
Next open the lid, lid vent, and bottom vent on the grill. It will help the oxygen to reach the colas as they are lit so that they can burn even hotter. Remove the grates from the grill, brush them of debris, and lightly coat them with oil. Then replace the grates.
Vent setting with this coal grill setup might be to maintain a cooking temperature of 275 degrees to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
3- Light up your Charcoal Grill
Multiple different methods are available to light up the charcoal grill. Some of them may use some special equipment to make the job easier for the user. Here we are going to mention some of these tricks, choose the one that works best for you.
- Get some newspaper or paraffin cubes and place them on the charcoal grates
- Set the chimney starter on top and oil with the charcoal.
- Then light up the newspaper via the holes in the bottom of your starter.
- Wait unless your coals get ashy and it may take about 20 to 30 minutes. Take the handle and carefully put ashes into the grate.
- Stack the charcoal into a pyramid on the grate.
- Use about a half cup of lighter fluid to wet the sides of the pile.
- Now carefully light up the coals. And they are ready to use when they get ashy.
Keep in mind that do not use gasoline or pour lighter fluid onto an open or direct flame.
Electric Charcoal Starter
- Make sure you have an outlet nearby to the plug so that the electric starter gets in.
- Pile charcoal in a pyramid on the grill grates and put a starter in the middle of the pile.
- When the coals get ashy, then carefully remove the start with the help of tongs.
- Heap the charcoal into a pyramid in the grate.
- Crush a few pieces of newspaper or paper towels and arrange them in the pyramid.
- Light the newspaper and permit the coals to catch fire and turn them ashy before grilling.
We hope that you got to know about How to Start a Char-Broil Grill and what is the safest way to do this. If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a good day!