Best Combination Microwave in 2023
Table of Contents
Top 3 best combination microwaves
When it comes to microwaves, combination microwaves are some of the most preferred types in the market. Combination microwaves come with fancy features that offer you more options compared to regular microwaves. A combi microwave has the ability to bake, grill, and roast on top of the normal heating feature, making some model ideal replacements for conventional ovens. Some advanced combination microwaves come with specialized functions like a steaming feature and even a yogurt-making function.
Because combination microwaves offer cooking flexibility, you can cook numerous food types in them. Sophisticated models come with the ability to cook just about any food from meat to roast chicken, fairy cakes, and roast potatoes. The possibilities are endless when you have a combination microwave.
To be able to enjoy the benefits offered by combination microwaves, it is important to take your time selecting the best one in the market. Here is a comprehensive review that can help you select the best combination microwave for your needs.
|Panasonic NN-CD87KS Home Chef 4-in-1 Microwave Oven with Air Fryer, Convection Bake, FlashXpress Broiler, Inverter, 1000 Watt, Stainless Steel, 1.2 Cu.Ft, cft||Learn more|
|Top||Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN966S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 2.2 Cubic Foot, 1250W||Learn more|
|Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven with Convection, Smart Sensor, Sound On/Off Function and LCD Display, 1.5Cu.ft, Black Stainless Steel||Learn more|
Panasonic NN-CD87KS Home Chef 4-in-1 Microwave Oven
This is the ultimate all-in-one oven. It is a microwave, broiler, air fryer, and convection oven all in one. You can use each function independently or more than one function at a time to cook an array of meals with delicious results.
The air fryer quickly circulates hot air around the food, producing crispy, brown results with no pre-heat requirements. With this air fryer microwave, you can enjoy your French fries, nuggets, and wings are crispy and delicious with fewer calories.
If you are looking for an additional oven for your home, this microwave is your second oven. It comes with a convection Bake function that ranges from 100° & 215° to 425°F, with or without preheat, for baking and roasting. The FlashXpress Broiler is perfect for toasting, browning, and crisping.
It is also an inverter microwave. It makes use of Panasonic’s patented inverter technology for smart, even defrosting, reheating, cooking, and keeping food warm. It also has a Genius Sensor Cook, Turbo Defrost, and dedicated settings.
All this is offered in a sleek, space-saving design. It comes in a large capacity with a small overall footprint, measuring 22”W x 13.4”H x 17”D with a 14.2” turntable. This combi microwave will sit on your countertop or can be built-in with an optional trim kit.
- THE ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE OVEN – It’s a microwave, broiler, air fryer and convection oven all in one! Use each function independently or a combination to cook an array of meals with delicious results.
- HEALTHY AIR FRYER – Quickly circulates hot air around food producing crispy, brown results, no pre-heat required. French fries, nuggets, and wings are crispy and delicious with less calories.
- IT’S A SECOND OVEN! – Convection Bake function ranges from 100° & 215° to 425°F, with or without preheat, for baking and roasting. FlashXpress Broiler is perfect for toasting, browning and crisping.
- INVERTER MICROWAVE – Panasonic’s patented inverter technology for smart, even defrosting, reheating, cooking and keeping food warm. With Genius Sensor Cook, Turbo Defrost and dedicated settings.
- SLEEK, SPACE SAVING DESIGN – Large capacity with small overall footprint, 22”W x 13.4”H x 17”D with a 14.2” turntable. Sits on your countertop or can be built-in with an optional trim kit (NN-TK81KCS)
Panasonic Microwave Oven
This is a 1250 Watt high power, 2.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel Panasonic countertop/built-in microwave. It is made to deliver a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor.
It makes use of a Patented Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost that generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking. It also has an Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost that speeds up defrosting time.
This is a family-size combination microwave. This countertop microwave with a 16.5-inch turntable is thinner, lighter, and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to the interior capacity of 10.94-inch x 18.44-inch x 18.50 inch and an outside dimension of 14 x 23.9 x 19.4 inches.
It offers Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor. The Built-in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods. Other features present in this combi microwave include 14 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start, and child safety lock. It also has a keep Warm Feature to keep soups, gravies, or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve.
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1250 Watt high power, 2.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Large Family Size: This countertop microwave with 16.5 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 10.94 inch x 18.44 inch x 18.50 inch. Outside dimension HxWxD (Inches) 14 x 23.9 x 19.4
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; Other advantages include 14 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven
With an exterior dimension of 21.73″ w x 21.38″ d x 12.83″ h; Cavity: 15.5″ w x 15.35″ d x 10.2″ h, this is the perfect combination microwave for your needs. It combines microwave and convection cooking in one appliance with auto bake, defrosting, and auto roast menus, giving you more options for your food.
The pre-programmed sensor menu delivers optimum results when making popular foods like frozen pizza, vegetables, and more. It comes with a Sound on/off option that can be muted if you prefer not to have a buzzer. You can do this by pressing and holding the button “8” on the keypad for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
Other features include a one-touch popcorn button and warm-hold function, equipped with power-saving eco mode and child safety lock.
- Exterior dimensions: 21.73 w x 21.38 d x 12.83 h; Cavity: 15.5 w x 15.35 d x 10.2 h
- Combines microwave and convection cooking in one appliance, with auto bake, defrosting and auto roast menus
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum result of popular foods like frozen pizza, vegetables and more
- Sound on/off option: If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, press and hold the button 8 on the keypad for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
- One touch popcorn button and warm-hold function, equipped with power-saving eco mode, and child safety lo
Factors to consider when choosing the best combination microwave
When it comes to choosing the best microwave for your needs, there are certain important factors you need to consider.
Generally, microwaves come in 4 different styles determined by the method of installation. You can choose between a countertop microwave, OTR (Over the Range) microwaves, built-in microwaves, and drawer-style microwaves. All these terms are self-explanatory, and the choice you make depends on your kitchen aesthetics, space, and preference.
This is an especially important consideration to make when choosing a built-in microwave or an OTR one. You need to ensure that the microwave can fit the designated space, especially if you are replacing an older microwave. Also, consider the door clearance to ensure there is enough space to open and close. Your countertop space is also a determining factor in the size of the microwave you choose. The last thing you need is a microwave that takes up too much counter space or does not fit the designated space.
For microwaves, the power is measured in watts. Generally, higher wattage microwaves consume more power than lower wattage microwaves. However, high power means that the microwave is quicker and cooks your food more evenly. Most microwaves in the market today come with wattage ranging between 500 and 1000 watts. The best choice for combination microwaves is anything in the 1000 watts category or higher.
The capacity of microwaves is measured in cubic feet. Generally, the more cubic feet you have, the bigger the microwave. Some microwaves come with capacities as small as 0.5 cubic feet, while larger models can have up to 2 cubic feet and more. Most microwaves for home use come in the 1 to 2 cubic feet range.
When it comes to capacity, picking the best option for your needs can sometimes be a challenge. To make the best choice, you can consider the internal space and size of the turntable. Ensure the door opens wide and high enough to fit different items, especially if you are in the market for a combination microwave. This is the best way to determine the right capacity for your needs.
Apart from the usual microwave function, some microwaves come with other preset cooking modes that give you more versatility in using the microwave. These are referred to as combination microwaves because of their ability to perform multiple functions.
You will find microwaves with preset cooking functions like grilling, roasting, toasting, baking, and other convection cooking modes. Generally, combi microwaves are more expensive than other standard microwaves. However, they offer you versatility in terms of cooking and can sometimes replace a conventional oven.
Microwaves come in all shapes and sizes. To find the best one for your needs, it is important to consider the factors highlighted in this post. With any of the three options in this list, you are sure to end up with the best combination microwave for your needs.